January 2021

17 hours ago, Tord31 said:

Moult be injured till September so June sounds good - complete his rehab at Cormack Park

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

He was injured (cruciate) in mid August 2019. If he is out till next September as you say then I presume his medical team are treating it with leeches and hot poultices.

??

• 3 weeks later...

Certainly needs to be a few players loaned out... Campbell, Ojo, Hernandez, Devlin... Maybe bring Virtanen and Anderson back in and punt Main... Watkins would be one to keep til the end of the season (No idea how long him and Edmundson are loaned to us for but if anyone's done any good with us they're usually back to their club in January...)

We don't need the amount of players we have in our squad now... That was surely with a view that we'd be playing twice a week with some regularity... 

20 minutes ago, donswin1983 said:

Sell Cosgrove, get Watkins back, along  with Anderson, who is must be make or break time for but deserves a shot in my view. Send Main on Loan or perm  to St Helens or Widnes. Pay up; Logan, mcginn and ojo. 

Would love Campbell from Motherwell...

Anderson is gone. Get over it.

And we won't be paying anybody up in the current climate. 

Campbell from 'Well might be possible but if an English Championship club come in then we don't stand a chance. Even sevco might make him an offer, he wouldn't play every week but he'd be a decent squad option that they could make money on after a couple of years if he hasn't established himself

32 minutes ago, donswin1983 said:

Sell Cosgrove, get Watkins back, along  with Anderson, who is must be make or break time for but deserves a shot in my view. Send Main on Loan or perm  to St Helens or Widnes. Pay up; Logan, mcginn and ojo. 

Would love Campbell from Motherwell...

Ojo has a good bit left on his contract. Won't be cheap to pay off. Neither will mcginn

27 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Anderson is gone. Get over it.

And we won't be paying anybody up in the current climate. 

Campbell from 'Well might be possible but if an English Championship club come in then we don't stand a chance. Even sevco might make him an offer, he wouldn't play every week but he'd be a decent squad option that they could make money on after a couple of years if he hasn't established himself

The squad is massive in numbers.

We’d need to offload a good few to get any in.

Harder thing to do when they have a decent contract for us to honour.

Ojo has 18 months @ £2.5 - £3k per week maybe? So we’re stuck with him.
Anderson won’t be back I don’t think. He’s not even scoring at Ayr so why would we want him back?

Devlin & Taylor are out of contract in the summer?

It maybe doesn’t happen in reality, but Devlin & a nominal fee for Declan Gallagher, who’s also out of contract next summer.

I doubt Campbell of ‘Well will end up here. 

I’d like to see changes up front. Sell Cosgrove, Edmondson will be back at Leeds, & just pay that cunt Main off.

Sign Watkins & a n other(s) up front. 

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

The squad is massive in numbers.

We’d need to offload a good few to get any in.

Harder thing to do when they have a decent contract for us to honour.

Ojo has 18 months @ £2.5 - £3k per week maybe? So we’re stuck with him.
Anderson won’t be back I don’t think. He’s not even scoring at Ayr so why would we want him back?

Devlin & Taylor are out of contract in the summer?

It maybe doesn’t happen in reality, but Devlin & a nominal fee for Declan Gallagher, who’s also out of contract next summer.

I doubt Campbell of ‘Well will end up here. 

I’d like to see changes up front. Sell Cosgrove, Edmondson will be back at Leeds, & just pay that cunt Main off.

Sign Watkins & a n other(s) up front. 

'Well offered Campbell a new contract almost 2 months back which he hasn't signed. I suspect you are correct and he will end up elsewhere but I think we have to at least try by offering him a pre-contract. Especially as Ferguson will more than likely be sold in the summer, if not before.

Taylor and Devlin both out of contract in summer.....Devlin is definitely a goner, Taylor I'm not sure about..McInnes does seem to like him in spite of all his fuck ups but there will definitely be room for at least one right sided CH to come in so Gallagher would be a very good choice. Again, depends on England...but Championship clubs might be put off by his fairly recent jail sentence. Celtic too might see him a cheap option with Ajer likely to be sold and surely whoever is in charge will also turn down their option to buy that big Irish haddie they've got on loan from Brighton.

its going to be interesting to see what we do in January. I think if it was a normal season we would be looking at making precontract offers to Brophy, Findlay, Ross Stewart, and Alan Campbell as they fit the profile we look for in Scotland. But Dave Cormack is obviously very concerned about whether we can get fans in next season and in what numbers and that's why he is pushing to get government plans put in place.

People still bought tickets for this season but they wont keep doing that so the board are worried. If they still have big concerns I doubt they will authorise much investment unless we sell an asset like Ferguson.

On 11/30/2020 at 11:07 PM, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

its going to be interesting to see what we do in January. I think if it was a normal season we would be looking at making precontract offers to Brophy, Findlay, Ross Stewart, and Alan Campbell as they fit the profile we look for in Scotland. But Dave Cormack is obviously very concerned about whether we can get fans in next season and in what numbers and that's why he is pushing to get government plans put in place.

People still bought tickets for this season but they wont keep doing that so the board are worried. If they still have big concerns I doubt they will authorise much investment unless we sell an asset like Ferguson.

Brophy is a piece of shit. Gallagher/findlay/campbell would play for us. Stewart does more running about than cosgrove/main, you saw that on Sunday for the penalty so would take him on a free.

On 12/2/2020 at 11:23 PM, Simosmashed my knee said:

There will be a fire sale down south, nearly all Championship sides are skint and will need to release players from New Year onwards, a few bargain's to be got there. Need to release Main, McGinn, Taylor, Devlin, Logan and just shoot Ojo to free up some wages. Gallacher and Murray Wallace a must for me at CB

Agree with you that it'll be interesting what happens in the lower leagues of england.

Gallagher, again, he's hot commodity right now... and maybe under normal circumstances he'd have walked into a big contract from a championship club.

Where does the Murray Wallace 'must sign' shout come from?  Do you see much of him, or know much about him?

15 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

Agree with you that it'll be interesting what happens in the lower leagues of england.

Gallagher, again, he's hot commodity right now... and maybe under normal circumstances he'd have walked into a big contract from a championship club.

Where does the Murray Wallace 'must sign' shout come from?  Do you see much of him, or know much about him?

Gallagher - great season so far at 30 and his dodgy past I cannot see a Championship side signing him however he would be great for us 

Wallace -Out of contract in summer, playing regularly down south and very athletic, would be a massive improvement on Gash, Devlin and Consi

1 hour ago, Simosmashed my knee said:

Gallagher - great season so far at 30 and his dodgy past I cannot see a Championship side signing him however he would be great for us 

Wallace -Out of contract in summer, playing regularly down south and very athletic, would be a massive improvement on Gash, Devlin and Consi

I know nothing about this Wallace guy. It would be a left sided CH we would be needing though. Is he left sided?

1 hour ago, sheep123 said:

Would like to think we’re keeping an eye on the young midfielder roddy mcgregor up at caley thistle, 18 years older man of the match last night and scored a screamer. Apparently been a stand out all season. 

Interesting.

I wonder if we were ever in for Christie back in the day, when he was still at Inverness? Maybe the £550k fee was too steep for us 5 years ago but you’d have thought we were looking at him before that