January 2021

14 hours ago, CalgaryDon said:

Vancouver_Don is claiming we are offering GMS and Cadden a contract.

Can Cadden play right back? How would he fit into our system?

Not surprised by GMS. Him and Hedges could be a good partnership.

What was vancouver Don's exclusive in the summer again? Insisted a player was not signing.  Said player then signed 2 days later.

Hoban maybe

26 minutes ago, G31DON said:

What was vancouver Don's exclusive in the summer again? Insisted a player was not signing.  Said player then signed 2 days later.

Hoban maybe

I think he's the guy who pretends he's got inside board info. Then uses other logins to attract everyone's attention to his posts. 

In reality he just collects gossip from the papers and forums, throws them all at a wall and hopes they stick. 

1 hour ago, King Street Loon said:

Sincerely hope this isn't the case.

Another useless lump like Main.

Just had a look and shocked at how bad his stats are. I know stats can be misleading and he’s playing in a poor team but it dosnt fill you with a massive amount of hope.

As someone said above its just more of the same and not going to take us to next level! 

Having watched how well we performed with a different kind of striker leading the line I can’t quite work out why we are still pushing for this target man type?

5 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Leave Stewart until the summer - take him on a free.

Ideally loan/sign Watkins.

Keep Main on until the summer.

Bin Edmondson and Cosgrove.

Recall Anderson.

Loan a first choice striker. 

Fair but of turd polishing there though. 

Would Anderson and an unidentified first choice loan striker be an improvement on Cosgrove and Edmondson?  Doubtful 

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Fair but of turd polishing there though. 

Would Anderson and an unidentified first choice loan striker be an improvement on Cosgrove and Edmondson?  Doubtful 

Anderson will end up at Deveronvale, just as McLennan will end up at Peterhead.

That’s not being nasty to the pair, just realistic.

Must be half a dozen lads out of loan (Ethan Ross, Virtonen, Ruth etc) that need to be given a chance.

I was thinking it can't be long until McInnes is back in for Louis Moult so I had a wee look to see what he was up to. He was out for a whole year with his well documented knee injury and was stretchered off in his first or second game back with an injury to the same knee which Alex Neil said 'doesn't look good at all' so we'll nae be in for him now.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Redmist1903 said:

I was thinking it can't be long until McInnes is back in for Louis Moult so I had a wee look to see what he was up to. He was out for a whole year with his well documented knee injury and was stretchered off in his first or second game back with an injury to the same knee which Alex Neil said 'doesn't look good at all' so we'll nae be in for him now.

£350k bid and 4.5 year contract being prepared as we speak. 

• Upvote 1
59 minutes ago, super_al said:

I thought we could not speak to players until January, unless we gave made a bid and its been accepted?

Players cannot sign a pre-contract until January window opens but those going out of contract the following summer can start speaking to other clubs in the December

3 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Players cannot sign a pre-contract until January window opens but those going out of contract the following summer can start speaking to other clubs in the December

My understanding is that we are not allowed (through agents or directly) to speak to any player with 6 months or more of his contract left. I am assuming Stewarts contact ends at the end of June, therefore we have to wait until January 1.