January 2021

1 minute ago, super_al said:

My understanding is that we are not allowed (through agents or directly) to speak to any player with 6 months or more of his contract left. I am assuming Stewarts contact ends at the end of June, therefore we have to wait until January 1.

your understanding is wrong then

31 minutes ago, super_al said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_transfer_(association_football)

"With six months or less remaining on an existing contract for players aged 23 or older, they are free to negotiate with other clubs and sign a pre-contract agreement."

As I said...your understanding is wrong.

Clubs interested in a player can officially start talking to a player and/or his agent in the December before the January window opens. He cannot sign a pre-contract until the window opens

Unofficially clubs are talking to a players agent at least a year before his contract runs out

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
51 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

Both full of shite trying to make themselves feel important by lying on an internet forum.

Aberdeen have been linked with Stewart for a while. To repeat that again with some tacked on "in the know" inference is pretty pathetic and hardly a massive punt.

Tragic

In fairness to DF, he isn't one that comes on here regularly claiming to have inside info. 

29 minutes ago, Woody21 said:

Certainly very believable. Will check via my contact at Staggies ?

Confirmed as very strong rumour Dingwall way. "Best player by a mile and will do very well in a better team".

If Cosgrove goes in January would expect immediate transfer via a negotiated fee. If not will be pre-contract, arrival in summer. Certainly rate hold up play as far superior to both Cosgrove and Main. He will also add better goals to game ratio in a better team.

1 hour ago, Woody21 said:

Confirmed as very strong rumour Dingwall way. "Best player by a mile and will do very well in a better team".

If Cosgrove goes in January would expect immediate transfer via a negotiated fee. If not will be pre-contract, arrival in summer. Certainly rate hold up play as far superior to both Cosgrove and Main. He will also add better goals to game ratio in a better team.

19 league games.

0 goals in open play.

Nothing in his record going back further suggests he’ll “do very well”.

At this point, folk cite Cosgrove as an example of a poor record coming good at the Dons.

Cosgrove was 20 when he arrived - “a project”.

Stewart is 25 next birthday & is all the player he’s ever going to be. If he’s our no1 centre forward next season or maybe even this season, then we are in bother. 

I really hope to be wrong though. 

7 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

19 league games.

0 goals in open play.

Nothing in his record going back further suggests he’ll “do very well”.

At this point, folk cite Cosgrove as an example of a poor record coming good at the Dons.

Cosgrove was 20 when he arrived - “a project”.

Stewart is 25 next birthday & is all the player he’s ever going to be. If he’s our no1 centre forward next season or maybe even this season, then we are in bother. 

I really hope to be wrong though. 

Maybe he can find his Albion Rovers form again. 

34 minutes ago, Millertime said:

He is absolute dung 

Respectfully disagree MT.

A definite upgrade on Main and certainly someone who can be developed during his prime years. We shall see eh?

1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

There’s a few young players around the lower leagues that I’ve heard it mentioned  we should be keeping our eyes on, at ICT and Raith Rovers in particular.

Roddy MacGregor and Dylan Tait

Thomas Robert at Airdrie is attracting a lot of interest.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/bid-celtic-rangers-target-thomas-23230288

Right Backs

One of Chris Cadden, Stephen O'Donnell or Danny McNamara

Left Backs

Ideally Stephen Kingsley (think we've missed the boat with that one). I'm just not convinced by Greg Leigh.

Centre Backs

One of Stuart Findlay and/or Declan Gallagher.

Midfielders

Both Allan Campbell (pre-season contract) and GMS. 

Jake Doyle-Hayes (out of contract at the end of the season) and Jamie McGrath (scored twice against us in the past month/would require a fee) both look like they'd make good additions to our current squad.

Strikers

Watkins (preseason contract). It seems inevitable that Ross Stewart will be signed. We need to sign 2 strikers this window IMO.

Out:

Devlin, Logan, Hernandez, Leigh, Cosgrove, Edmundson, Main, McGinn and Ojo. Undecided about McLennan - Jake Doyle-Hayes looks more promising and is available at the end of the season.