January 2021

1 minute ago, Granite95 said:

Not seen his name mentioned but Middleton could be a shout, not sure if they'd let him leave as he's got 2.5 years left on his deal. Be better than either Jones or Stewart (not difficult however)

This the same Middleton who struggled badly at Hibs and was sent back early? A big no thanks.

47 minutes ago, Granite95 said:

Not seen his name mentioned but Middleton could be a shout, not sure if they'd let him leave as he's got 2.5 years left on his deal. Be better than either Jones or Stewart (not difficult however)

Middleton is a weird one, after breaking into the rangers team a couple of years back and being raved about he hasn’t had a look in went to Hibs and didn’t do much but whenever Iv seen him play for Scotland under 21s he’s been one of the best players and not of a stand out.

Would rather have Middleton than the other 2 no users, failed at hibs but showed promise at the hun early on!, could the likes of mcrorie and ferguson get the best out of him as mcrorie probably played with him going through the youth system?familiarity could breed consistency 

1 hour ago, thurso said:

Middleton is a weird one, after breaking into the rangers team a couple of years back and being raved about he hasn’t had a look in went to Hibs and didn’t do much but whenever Iv seen him play for Scotland under 21s he’s been one of the best players and not of a stand out.

Aye he did well for them when he first started (think he scored a few in Europe). As you say poor with hibs and bradford I think it was, but decent for Scot U21's.

For me he's a better option long term than Jones or Stewart but it all comes down to who we get offered/who we want/they want to get rid of

Just now, Granite95 said:

Aye he did well for them when he first started (think he scored a few in Europe). As you say poor with hibs and bradford I think it was, but decent for Scot U21's.

For me he's a better option long term than Jones or Stewart but it all comes down to who we get offered/who we want/they want to get rid of

I think we'd only be getting someone on loan though? I'd be surprised if they offered someone on a permanent in this scenario. 

1 hour ago, Dons79 said:

Would rather have Middleton than the other 2 no users, failed at hibs but showed promise at the hun early on!, could the likes of mcrorie and ferguson get the best out of him as mcrorie probably played with him going through the youth system?familiarity could breed consistency 

I think they got Middleton from Norwich iirc

Don't want any sevco rejects in any case

23 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

We are credited with an interest in Declan Gallagher in the Daily Record today. The main story being Dundee United have joined the race with Motherwell, Aberdeen and a couple of english clubs.

I know that our finances are still unknown for next season and it can be argued so is who will be the manager but signing this guy on a pre-contract is a no brainer, Scotland international, good defender, free and we've 3 x centre halves out of contract in the summer, 1 x guaranteed to be leaving.

26 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

We are credited with an interest in Declan Gallagher in the Daily Record today. The main story being Dundee United have joined the race with Motherwell, Aberdeen and a couple of english clubs.

This should be the model of our club. Quality pre-contract signings. There's a few others kicking about in the SPL too who would go straight in to our starting 11. We don't do this nearly enough.

3 hours ago, Tord31 said:

Motherwell have an interest in their own player? Now that's a new journalistic angle. 

Just now, BonnieDon said:

Dundee united are favourites to get him. They can offer him more then us.

Gosh well he'd need to join United, leave United and then re-join on loan.

"Declan is a great professional, someone weve kept in touch with and someone we never wanted to lose" old Derek in 2024.

46 minutes ago, super_al said:

What I find surprising is that our normal so call ITK posters have been very quiet recently. Yes we have announced there will be no new signings but even on the Derek ooot posts....nothing.

That's because there is fuck all to report other the scream "McInnes oot" which they are probably bored doing!

31 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Stoke preparing an offer for Cosgrove, Michael O’Neil watched him v Sevco last week.

After that wild slash early doors, I’d be amazed if he’s still interested.

And Stoke aren’t daft, they know they can screw us down to probably under £1m. Could we resist that lowball offer?

Scottish Sun

If he watched him against SEVCO, or at pretty much anytime in 2020, you’d have to question the sanity of any manager at a club, with aspirations to the EPL, willing to spend decent money on him. 

We can but hope