January 2021

11 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Aye but Funso isn't part of an organisation that fleeces large numbers of punters out of their hard earned cash to watch a ball going round in circles and ending up in a random position, usually not where the majority want it to finish

Oh hang on...

Very well put, TC min. Much it pains me to say it about our football club. However, the product on display in recent months, if not years, has been woeful overall. 

Still in there with a fighting chance of second if we can finally pull them bloody fingers oot though, starting from tomorrow. 

• Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Scott Burns saying Scott Wright has agreed a 3 year deal with SEVCO bastards.

If that’s the case, get rid of him now. 

Hard to see he could  be totally focused on AFC for the next 6 months. Best interests would be to let Wright move now, write off the McCrorie fee and we get to bring in alternative replacement now, and not be tied into some Hun cunt in a swap.

Despite this being on the cards, I’m fair scunnered. The Rat was a Hun cunt but Wright, by all accounts was one of us, a real kick in the steens when he’d have had options down south, as DM alluded to.

Better get CR Smith’s number saved on yer phone, loon

Just now, King Street Loon said:

Absolutely. And if we don't get rid now he should be made to feel most unwelcome. 

Yip.

We have to let him use Cormack Park, but don’t pick him in the 20 match day squad. 

Let the wee cunt rot, so when he goes there, he hasn’t played for 6 months.

The sad thing is, if he stays the rest of the season, McInnes will pick him, as no crowds will save him from getting hassle.

Hun cunt. 

1 minute ago, sooth_stander said:

Hard to see he could  be totally focused on AFC for the next months. Best interests would be to let Wright move now, write off the McCrorie fee and we get to bring in alternative replacement now, and not be tied into some Hun cunt in a swap

He’s a fucking fairy at the best of times.

If he has a £10k per week, 3 year contract with the scum, he’ll be an even bigger poof than ever.

2 minutes ago, super_al said:

I still think we can do well from negotiating his move to Rangers. Jones and waving any future money owed would be fine with me. 

The huns don’t need him now.

1) The league is done.

2) He won’t get in their starting X1 just now (or possibly ever). 

There’s little incentive for the huns to do a deal with us now. 
They hold all the aces sadly. 
Why would they give us a player AND £350k? 
That’s not realistic. 

34 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Hard to see he could  be totally focused on AFC for the next 6 months. Best interests would be to let Wright move now, write off the McCrorie fee and we get to bring in alternative replacement now, and not be tied into some Hun cunt in a swap.

Despite this being on the cards, I’m fair scunnered. The Rat was a Hun cunt but Wright, by all accounts was one of us, a real kick in the steens when he’d have had options down south, as DM alluded to.

Better get CR Smith’s number saved on yer phone, loon

Aye Fleetwood........a fantastic option for any young Scot looking to make a name for himself

In the deep sea fishing industry.....

9 hours ago, CalgaryDon said:

https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/scott-wright-rangers-set-confirmed-19692167

This article suggests Jordan Jones or George Edmundson the most likely to be used in a player exchange deal. 

That or reducing the 350k for McCrorie. 

No it doesn't. It says Jones has been mooted as a swap, but if that doesn't happen then he is likely to go out on loan, adding edmundson is as well. Not to us.

'If a swap deal for Jones doesn’t happen, then he’s a prime candidate to leave on loan before 1 February.

As is fellow protocol breacher George Edmundson, although that will depend on how his comeback from injury progresses.'

3 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Glenn Middleton is away to sign for St Johnstone this week so he's one that can be, nearly, ruled out.

I'm not convinced on Jones unless we move back to 4231 (putting aside he is a big celtic and rangers man)

Jordan Jones reeks of Gregg Wylde. No thanks

Hopefully Ryan Jack has informed Scott Wright he wont be able to have a pint in Aberdeen ever again.... when pubs open again

22 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Glenn Middleton is away to sign for St Johnstone this week so he's one that can be, nearly, ruled out.

I'm not convinced on Jones unless we move back to 4231 (putting aside he is a big celtic and rangers man)

Wasnt a fan of Middleton anyway. Neither were Hibs, little game time and ending the loan early.

16 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Jordan Jones reeks of Gregg Wylde. No thanks

Hopefully Ryan Jack has informed Scott Wright he wont be able to have a pint in Aberdeen ever again.... when pubs open again

Gregg Wylde scored a goal and got a few assists. That sounds good right now. 

7 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

What about Jake Hastie, as a swap for Wright? On loan back at Motherwell and career completely stalled, but, if anyone can resurrect his career, it’s our Derek.

Aye Jake, come to Aberdeen, i'll start you off with 2 or 3 minutes here and there and then we can see where we go from there?

How does that sound?

32 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

What about Jake Hastie, as a swap for Wright? On loan back at Motherwell and career completely stalled, but, if anyone can resurrect his career, it’s our Derek.

He's actually a very good example of how going to the cheeks often doesnt work out. Too young and inconsistent to make an impression. Every young player needs to play games, that's how they develop and become better. Wright will go the same way. Splinters from now on.

1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

He's on loan at Motherwell till the end of the season. Not getting much game time now

Computer says no

2 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Neither can the Motherwell management team in the last 7 months 

Yeah, and they’ve been a raging success with the rest of the Motherwell squad too. No wins since Oct 31st and only about 5 in the entire calendar year.

Isnt that part of being a good manager/coach? Identify talent and bringing it out?

Just cos someone is shit at club A and club B does not necessarily mean he will be shit at Club C

1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

Yeah, and they’ve been a raging success with the rest of the Motherwell squad too. No wins since Oct 31st and only about 5 in the entire calendar year.

Isnt that part of being a good manager/coach? Identify talent and bringing it out?

Just cos someone is shit at club A and club B does not necessarily mean he will be shit at Club C

Ok. I’ll flip it over. 

Do you think McInnes can do that? 

I don’t rate the lad & I doubt McInnes would get the best out of him. 

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Ok. I’ll flip it over. 

Do you think McInnes can do that? 

I don’t rate the lad & I doubt McInnes would get the best out of him. 

McInnes inability or not is a separate conversation:

Having seen Hastie in his first spell at Motherwell, he was electric, and a far better option than GMS now, or McGinn.

Whether having his pockets lined with gold has dulled his ambitions since moving to Sevco, who knows.

But I’d like to give him the chance at AFC, and also think it would be worth giving McInnes what’s left of his time here to work with the lad.

Moot point, won’t be happening ??