Aberdeen FC confirm Jimmy Thelin appointment ✍️ ×

January 2021

18 minutes ago, Woody21 said:

If that happens, would we be preparing to cash in on selling Ferguson to assist the financial situation ?

I think If Ferguson was to leave we would be more likely to look at Ali McCann from St Joihnstone as a replacement, I would say he is closer to being the same type of player as Ferguson. Obviously would depend on how much St J wanted but if we got say 4 million for Lewis id be happy to spend maybe £0.5 to £0.75 of that on McCann as a future investment.

29 minutes ago, Granite95 said:

Why not do Logan and Ojo for Campbell + O'Donnell. Whilst O'Donnell isnt a world beater hes far better than Logan (not difficult I know)

What good reason would Motherwell have for agreeing to that? 
Weakening themselves in a relegation fight?

No chance they’d agree to that.

Besides O’Donnell (not that he’d come to Dons apparently) is available in 5 days time for nothing. 

33 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

Most clubs certainly in our league will have to sell to cover the current losses. Celtic selling frimpong in a way proves that. Also feel huns moving early with a lot of free out of contract signings is because they are hoping/needing to sell in the summer and after a good season for them are hoping for big bids to balance the books 

Yip.

The huns have already said a couple will be sold in the summer to balance their books. 

27 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

What good reason would Motherwell have for agreeing to that? 
Weakening themselves in a relegation fight?

No chance they’d agree to that.

Besides O’Donnell (not that he’d come to Dons apparently) is available in 5 days time for nothing. 

16 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

O'Donnell is shite. Noticed when Well played Hamilton in Robinson's last game, he bottled a few 50/50s, probably thinking about his next move

Was only a joke re the swap

Best thing Aberdeen can do if Rangers wont waive the mccrorie fee is to play wright as much as it helps in the race for 3rd. You dont have to worry about load management. If he's hobbled going into next season... oh well. 

Rangers will probably offer something decent just so they get their guy now.

30 minutes ago, PondHopper said:

Best thing Aberdeen can do if Rangers wont waive the mccrorie fee is to play wright as much as it helps in the race for 3rd. You dont have to worry about load management. If he's hobbled going into next season... oh well. 

Rangers will probably offer something decent just so they get their guy now.

Exactly got to play if he doesn’t go

3 hours ago, Granite95 said:

Why not do Logan and Ojo for Campbell + O'Donnell. Whilst O'Donnell isnt a world beater hes far better than Logan (not difficult I know)

Because (once again)............O'Donnell made it perfectly clear a year back he had no interest in a move to us. His wife does not want to move outwith the central belt and the player himself was with us as a youngster. For whatever reason....he now hates us

Sheesh

16 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Because (once again)............O'Donnell made it perfectly clear a year back he had no interest in a move to us. His wife does not want to move outwith the central belt and the player himself was with us as a youngster. For whatever reason....he now hates us

Sheesh

I dont think we'd be interested right now but O'Donnell could easy change his tune now a big move has not materialised

16 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

He did say he wanted to go down south when he left Killie which would be his "big move" as would be on more ££.

And ended up, at Motherwell........

He didn't factor in that EFL1/2 by that point had their FFP budget caps in place. His Killie wage at that point would likely have been no worse than the best they could offer.

And also presumed (wrongly) that Championship clubs would be interested on the strength of his Scotland caps. (16 caps now.........ridiculous for such a bang average player). He was released by Luton a few seasons back when they were in EFL1. That really is his level.

I'll predict he goes to Hibs in the summer. McGinn is o/o/c there at the end of this season and O'Donnell is a slightly younger, slight upgrade on him

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

He didn't factor in that EFL1/2 by that point had their FFP budget caps in place. His Killie wage at that point would likely have been no worse than the best they could offer.

And also presumed (wrongly) that Championship clubs would be interested on the strength of his Scotland caps. (16 caps now.........ridiculous for such a bang average player). He was released by Luton a few seasons back when they were in EFL1. That really is his level.

I'll predict he goes to Hibs in the summer. McGinn is o/o/c there at the end of this season and O'Donnell is a slightly younger, slight upgrade on him

Aye the cap has definitely benefited scottish teams position to keep our better players that aren't quite good enough for a championship offer.

Aye he is bang average but Palmer isn't much better. Frustrating Rb is so poor when you have 2 World class and a good 3rd lb in Taylor too. 

Hibs have Cadden for the rwb role, one thing we can pretty much write off is he won't be rocking up at Pittodrie. 

3 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Aye the cap has definitely benefited scottish teams position to keep our better players that aren't quite good enough for a championship offer.

Aye he is bang average but Palmer isn't much better. Frustrating Rb is so poor when you have 2 World class and a good 3rd lb in Taylor too. 

Hibs have Cadden for the rwb role, one thing we can pretty much write off is he won't be rocking up at Pittodrie. 

Aaron Hickey could be one for RWB for Scotland instead of O’Donnell. 

He’s right footed even though he’s played predominantly left back or left wing back. 

6 hours ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

I think If Ferguson was to leave we would be more likely to look at Ali McCann from St Joihnstone as a replacement, I would say he is closer to being the same type of player as Ferguson. Obviously would depend on how much St J wanted but if we got say 4 million for Lewis id be happy to spend maybe £0.5 to £0.75 of that on McCann as a future investment.

Can’t say I have noticed McCann, but surely he must be worth a gamble at 75p.