January 2021

1 minute ago, Tord31 said:

Case closed.

I'm even wondering if he'll manage to break in to the team to show he is worth a contract extension beyond January?

I'm probably not the guy to ask as I'm not a Leigh fan. 

I think he's got more chance of getting a game as central midfield cover just now with McGeouch and Campbell out than he has at left wing back or left centre back. 

If we switch to a back 4 he might get a few starts but its looks like we're sticking with the 3 for the foreseeable. 

Personally I'd be looking for better in January but I suspect he'll get a gig here til summer. 

George Edmondson and Jordon Jones away to get sacked by the huns. 

Edmondson is younger and probably more capable than Ash Taylor. I remember watching him play against Braga for them last season, and looked really solid. Big ugly bastard, would 100% be a good signing. 

Jordon Jones is a proper little hun mink and I don't wish him anything at all. 

George Edmondson can fuck off. An utter idiot for what he did.....arrogantly thinking that the rules don't apply to him. For that reason, if he is freed, he would be a dreadful signing. He's probably earning more at sevco than our highest paid player anyway. 

Jones just seems retarded. Hopefully ends up plying his trade at some English non-league shite

2 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

George Edmondson can fuck off. An utter idiot for what he did.....arrogantly thinking that the rules don't apply to him. For that reason, if he is freed, he would be a dreadful signing. He's probably earning more at sevco than our highest paid player anyway. 

Jones just seems retarded. Hopefully ends up plying his trade at some English non-league shite

Not saying we should sign him for his humility or intelligence. Just that he looks a decent CB for what we'd normally take. 

Was just a thought, was all.

See this is where this story really interests me.  I was first attracted to the hun melt down because the RTC boy consistently posted along the lines of “here’s the facts (I remember Rae’s contract being posted which demonstrated perfectly the off-radar payment details contracted and paid) but also here is how the press will report it if indeed they report it all.”  That latter part especially proved to be consistently correct (there were obvious concerns about data privilege but fuck it, there was undoubted public interest here).

This latest story is POTENTIALLY the same.  But, equally it could just as easily be a fishing exercise, chucking out the possible Arfield birthday coincidence and just hoping there might be pictures of something somewhere, anywhere whipping a feeding frenzy once more.

As no lover of our media anyway I was/am of the belief that RTC was within acceptable journalistic guidelines.  The cynic in me says that if the Phil boy is proceeding as I’ve described then tbh that falls on the other side of the line.

Point being that’s why it’s so difficult for a neutral to form an opinion on this story.

Moult's missus wanted to move back south to be nearer her family when he was nearing the end of his time at 'Well. I think it's a bit of a stretch to think she'd be happy to subsequently move 150 miles or so further northeast from Lanarkshire but on the other hand he was at best only a bit better than average in his time with Preston before his injury and having been out so long he might not be flush with contract offers in January. 

4 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Moult's missus wanted to move back south to be nearer her family when he was nearing the end of his time at 'Well. I think it's a bit of a stretch to think she'd be happy to subsequently move 150 miles or so further northeast from Lanarkshire but on the other hand he was at best only a bit better than average in his time with Preston before his injury and having been out so long he might not be flush with contract offers in January. 

Get her dumped Louis

1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

Declan Gallagher continues to impress.

Watching the game yesterday I actually thought that Celtic should be signing him.

Ordinarily I don't think they'd be interested. Nearly 30, with no residual value. But having spunked £2millon on a one year loan fee for Duffy, who has proven to be comically horrendous, they might just view Gallagher as a cheap (and better) alternative option in January. He'd quickly become a squad player though, as Lennon is unlikely to be there next summer and his replacement will want a significant transfer budget to bring in his own players. 

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

Ordinarily I don't think they'd be interested. Nearly 30, with no residual value. But having spunked £2millon on a one year loan fee for Duffy, who has proven to be comically horrendous, they might just view Gallagher as a cheap (and better) alternative option in January. He'd quickly become a squad player though, as Lennon is unlikely to be there next summer and his replacement will want a significant transfer budget to bring in his own players. 

100% agree but he's just what they need and could probably get him for £400k in January without hassle. Maybe even cheaper if they throw in a loanee. He's exactly what they need at the moment.