January 2021

8 hours ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

I think If Ferguson was to leave we would be more likely to look at Ali McCann from St Joihnstone as a replacement, I would say he is closer to being the same type of player as Ferguson. Obviously would depend on how much St J wanted but if we got say 4 million for Lewis id be happy to spend maybe £0.5 to £0.75 of that on McCann as a future investment.

0.5 to 0.75 would be lucky to buy you half of Aii McCann. 

4 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Whats the combined fee for Ojo, Forrester, May and Hernandez??? Superb contributions all round

I don't think May should be in this list. Aye, it didn't work out here for him but on paper he was a good signing and the fans were excited about signing him. The rest are taking expensive gambles on cunts no one has ever heard of. 

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

I don't think May should be in this list. Aye, it didn't work out here for him but on paper he was a good signing and the fans were excited about signing him. The rest are taking expensive gambles on cunts no one has ever heard of. 

Given the injuries he’d sustained down South I’d say he was still a huge gamble? 

51 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Suppose, wasn't really injured for us he was just shite though.

True enough, but when he was signed a lot of folk were saying “if” he was the same player that tore us a new one in the cup with MaClean, we’d have a cracking SPL standard player-sadly he wasn’t.

I still wonder if he’d scored a lot earlier in his stint with us whether or not he might’ve kicked on.

29 minutes ago, YorkDon said:

True enough, but when he was signed a lot of folk were saying “if” he was the same player that tore us a new one in the cup with MaClean, we’d have a cracking SPL standard player-sadly he wasn’t.

I still wonder if he’d scored a lot earlier in his stint with us whether or not he might’ve kicked on.

Thing is, he did score a few early on for us. A double v Dundee in his home debut, then  another v Killie soon after, which I thought dispelled the myth that the injuries sustained down south did him in.

Then he hit a dry spell, ahead of The Rat tackle,  and THAT was him finished,  as a goalscorer anyway.

29 minutes ago, YorkDon said:

Scored twice against Dundee in his second match. Both excellent goals too... I mind thinking "here we go, this boys going to be class"

48 minutes ago, Granite95 said:

Should never be trusted to sign a player. Fact he thought crap like Curtis Main and James Wilson were good options at striker shows his inadequacy to recruit properly

Giving us £200k for Ricky Foster should have had the alarm bells ringing

2 hours ago, Durrant Dived said:

May was not a good signing on paper. Had been out for 18 months and he just had his knee rebuilt. He was never going to be the same player who left St Johnstone.

Can’t fault his effort while he was here, but £400k on him was crazy.

4 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Motherwell are signing Sam Foley from St Mirren, to replace Jordan White who is going to County, so doubt Allan Campbell will suddenly become available.

Transfer merry go round for the bottom sixers.

M'well signed Harry Smith as a targetman last week and so already have the replacement for striker Jordan White. Foley is a defensive midfielder.

It does though probably mean that the interest in Funso will be dropped.

11 hours ago, GDON21 said:

0.5 to 0.75 would be lucky to buy you half of Aii McCann. 

Yes, its wishful thinking on my part. But 800k was figure being quoted in papers in December and we are living in the covid world so with every club struggling financially right now I'm speculating that it might be possible to get him for less than in the past and it would be worth asking the question. But just pure speculation on my part nothing more.

I know we liked him last season and were hoping he wouldn't sign a new contact when he did back in Dec 2019. We would have liked to have done the same with him as we did with Ferguson when we took him from Hamilton

5 minutes ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

Yes, its wishful thinking on my part. But 800k was figure being quoted in papers in December and we are living in the covid world so with every club struggling financially right now I'm speculating that it might be possible to get him for less than in the past and it would be worth asking the question. But just pure speculation on my part nothing more.

I know we liked him last season and were hoping he wouldn't sign a new contact when he did back in Dec 2019. We would have liked to have done the same with him as we did with Ferguson when we took him from Hamilton

That should be our model. We’re not nearly good enough at getting quality pre-contracts in.