January 2021

5 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

Thing is, he did score a few early on for us. A double v Dundee in his home debut, then  another v Killie soon after, which I thought dispelled the myth that the injuries sustained down south did him in.

Then he hit a dry spell, ahead of The Rat tackle,  and THAT was him finished,  as a goalscorer anyway.

His two goals against Dundee were excellent.  Great header then a lovely finish. 

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

He’s injured anyway 

Hasn’t played for weeks. 

Will be signed on pre-contract in next day or so.

Only permanent if Cosgrove sold.

His injury isn't too serious, Yogi resigned to losing him and making team selections accordingly.

Personally reckon that Stewart will be better than current Cosgrove and Main, especially if Watkins can also be secured in summer.

Ps County fans really rate him, for what that view is worth ?

40 minutes ago, Woody21 said:

His injury isn't too serious, Yogi resigned to losing him and making team selections accordingly.

Personally reckon that Stewart will be better than current Cosgrove and Main, especially if Watkins can also be secured in summer.

They must be easy pleased Woody, as he hasn’t scored in open play all season.

More seriously, as I’ve said, I’d be ok with him replacing Main as a back up to a no1 centre forward.

With the clubs finances as they are, I’m not sure we could afford Marley Watkins weekly wage though?

I don’t think some folk realise how bad things are for the club. 

1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

They must be easy pleased Woody, as he hasn’t scored in open play all season.

More seriously, as I’ve said, I’d be ok with him replacing Main as a back up to a no1 centre forward.

With the clubs finances as they are, I’m not sure we could afford Marley Watkins weekly wage though?

I don’t think some folk realise how bad things are for the club. 

Aye, starting to look like we're going to be downsizing for the foreseeable. 

9 hours ago, Woody21 said:

Heading to Sunderland according to the S*n.

Unfortunately we are stuck with the squad we have even next season we will likely get no real additions to bolster this squad, I know we have a lot going out of contract some good some bad! But there is a huge cash crisis in Scottish football those teams that keep adding to their squad are just digging a deeper hole. We will hopefully be on the side looking in

19 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

Unfortunately we are stuck with the squad we have even next season we will likely get no real additions to bolster this squad, I know we have a lot going out of contract some good some bad! But there is a huge cash crisis in Scottish football those teams that keep adding to their squad are just digging a deeper hole. We will hopefully be on the side looking in

We've got about 14 out of contract in the summer so we won't be stuck with the same squad. More than half could potentially leave and that's not counting sales. 

8 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

We've got about 14 out of contract in the summer so we won't be stuck with the same squad. More than half could potentially leave and that's not counting sales. 

14 out of contract and you wouldn't bet on Ojo, Cosgrove and Hedges being here on 1st September so the squad could look vastly different. Even McCrorie doesn't look 100% today.