January 2021

37 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Can see us having a tiny squad next season. Can see most of the rest of the league being even smaller though.... could be a lot of young squads next season. Expect a good youth development side like Hamilton to win the league by April

I wouldn’t say it’ll be a tiny squad but I do think it’ll be smaller.

If 14 are out of contract you might find 8-9 coming in & a couple of youngsters being promoted. 

2 hours ago, Tord31 said:

I'd just see him as someone, post Wright, pushing for a move and based on this season he would have a transfer value.

Aye wouldn't be surprised if he follows his boyfriend oot the door.  Be pretty grim if he did though, one of the few shining lights this season

3 minutes ago, NEM said:

Aye wouldn't be surprised if he follows his boyfriend oot the door.  Be pretty grim if he did though, one of the few shining lights this season

Hedges has been our best creative player all season.

Of course he’d be missed.

But with the finances as they are, and him only having 12 months left on his contract in the summer, we might look to cash in whilst we can. 

4 hours ago, Tord31 said:

14 out of contract and you wouldn't bet on Ojo, Cosgrove and Hedges being here on 1st September so the squad could look vastly different. Even McCrorie doesn't look 100% today.

Totally agree. 

The earlier post saying that we would have a lot of deadwood next season was completely wrong. 

If anything as things currently stand we will barely have enough senior players to pick an 11.  We are clearly trying to offload Hernandez, Cosgrove and Ojo and I'd suspect Ferguson in the summer too. 

Lewis

Considine

McCrorie, Campbell, McGeouch 

Hayes, Kennedy, Hedges. McLennan offered a deal 

I might have missed someone but there's not many contracted beyond the summer if the 4 mentioned are sold on top of those released. 

2 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Totally agree. 

The earlier post saying that we would have a lot of deadwood next season was completely wrong. 

If anything as things currently stand we will barely have enough senior players to pick an 11.  We are clearly trying to offload Hernandez, Cosgrove and Ojo and I'd suspect Ferguson in the summer too. 

Lewis

Considine

McCrorie, Campbell, McGeouch 

Hayes, Kennedy, Hedges. McLennan offered a deal 

I might have missed someone but there's not many contracted beyond the summer if the 4 mentioned are sold on top of those released.

When does Ethan Ross' contract expire? I know he is on loan at Raith Rovers just now but I'm assuming he will be part of our squad next season if he's still in contract?

Just now, aberdeen1970 said:

Cheers min. 

Good news imo.  I have a hunch (might be deluded!) that we have a late developer there. 

As long as he doesn't go to the Huns at 23 after his next contract expires. Not that anyone would do such a thing! 

Hopefully a fitba’ brain comes with the new contract.

Decent build, quick, decent finisher, so he has a chance.

His decision making needs to improve a lot though. 

2 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I don’t think McInnes has ever played him as a centre forward has he?

One thing he’s not is a winger in my opinion. 

I just want us to try something different up front. 

He's got the pace, Hedges has the guile and it would force us to play in a different way. 

I'm sick of both Main and Cosgrove now. 

• Upvote 1