January 2021

6 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

Birmingham have a young Irish forward Boyd-munce, Chuck him in on loan.

we miss an Irish striker!

Nop from me.

Hate double barreled names, especially the really pish ones?

Sunderland are trying to punt Will Grigg out on loan to anyone who wants him but I would have thought we wont want to help them as they are at the max for number of senior squad players and wages cap. So want to offload wages to aloow them to bring in anyone and we wont want to help them compete for Ross Stewart on precontract as we want him in summer and Count want too much for him just now.

Just to throw a name out there. I wouldn't be opposed to signing Ryan Hardie (yes, I know he is an ex hun) on a precontract and paying his parent club Blackpool a nominal fee. Currently out on loan at Plymouth from Blackpool. Got pace and likes to run in behind similar to what Watkins did and I think he would help create more space for the likes of Hedges, Wright, Kennedy and Connor M.

I think he would be an ok, relatively cheap option in the current covid financial climate and someone who would also offer us something different.

3 minutes ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

Sunderland are trying to punt Will Grigg out on loan to anyone who wants him but I would have thought we wont want to help them as they are at the max for number of senior squad players and wages cap. So want to offload wages to aloow them to bring in anyone and we wont want to help them compete for Ross Stewart on precontract as we want him in summer and Count want too much for him just now.

Just to throw a name out there. I wouldn't be opposed to signing Ryan Hardie (yes, I know he is an ex hun) on a precontract and paying his parent club Blackpool a nominal fee. Currently out on loan at Plymouth from Blackpool. Got pace and likes to run in behind similar to what Watkins did and I think he would help create more space for the likes of Hedges, Wright, Kennedy and Connor M.

I think he would be an ok, relatively cheap option in the current covid financial climate and someone who would also offer us something different.

interesting shouts 

1 hour ago, Woody21 said:

Goodwillie loan good shout.

Have also asked Ross County mole what's happening with Stewart, Sunderland or us..  

If, and only if, Sunderland are really in for Stewart it is very unlikely that we will match wages on offer.

We do require a Watkins type, even if only on loan.

1 hour ago, Woody21 said:

If, and only if, Sunderland are really in for Stewart it is very unlikely that we will match wages on offer.

We do require a Watkins type, even if only on loan.

How much Sunderland can offer will depend on how much they can get from another club to contribute to Will Griggs wages if he goes out on loan. In the past they could have just gone and blown us out the water but because of what they are already paying people at the club means they cant do that so easily now. Its a bit more complicated as this article explains.

https://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/football/sunderland-afc/rangers-winger-jordan-jones-will-grigg-and-sunderland-deals-play-january-window-heads-busy-conclusion-3117044 

52 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

I'm honestly not convinced with Stewart at all. Would take Watkins all day long over him.

Stewart and Watkins are very different types and I don't think should be compared. I'll take them both.  Unfortunately I think Marley will probably be looking for too much money and more than we can offer in the summer.

And according to his manager at Bristol he wont be back until around march or later so not really going to be an option just now unless he has made much quicker progress than expected. Holden said.  “Marley (Watkins) is injured for a period of time but we hope to welcome him back towards the end of the season.”

15 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Wander what will happen to Shankland in the summer? Not having a great season and Utd’s plan to cash in on him looks to have backfired, given this is the last window to make any dough on him and given the big wages he’s on.

Couldn't really give a shite but wouldn't be surprised to see sevco sign him up in the summer for a million or so and have him as a 3rd/4th choice option. Morelos will surely be punted in the summer and Defoe will be doing well to last another season beyond this one. 

8 hours ago, G31DON said:

If he goes, to be left with Main,  Anderson and Ruth as the strikers at the team with the third highest budget is shockingly bad. Even allowing for covid

If Cosgrove leaves thats 7 players gone in this window.

Also I think Hearts now have the third biggest budget as a result of the activity thats taken place this window.

4 hours ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

My suggestion of Hardie as short term cover can be ruled out - just signed for Plymouth on a permanent deal.  - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55862724

This guy wouldn't be available now but somebody I will throw in as an interesting shout for the summer - Alfie May at Cheltenham. Looks to have a decent scoring record, didn't look out of place against Leeds in the FA Cup, and from that game and clips I've seen, looks skilful and a different option from the tall striker DMC seems to like.