Ebbe Skovdahl

3 hours ago, jamiesd said:

RIP Ebbe, was never a fan but wouldnt wish death on anyone.  Worst time in the clubs history for me. 2 worst cups finals ever

Just when you think you’ve heard it all, along comes a moron like this. Clueless beyond all comprehension. Stone wall round avoider.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I remember a tradesman  called off the ball, said he was doing some work cat Ebbes house, 

He turned up around 8am to start and Ebbe asked if he would like a drink, 

The guy replied that would be great 

Expecting the Dane to return with a tea or coffee, Ebbe returned with a tin of special brew, and it wasn't even 9am.

I hope that's true. 

Fucking legend

I was at the fans forum thingy at Smiths bar in Stirling. Ebbe was asked about his tactics " for sure, I didn't invent football, I think that was James Traynor". As alluded to earlier about possible drink allegations, he walked in with a can of irn bru & his glass upside down. Farewell  Ebbe, the football was horrible, but u were a class human being.

1 hour ago, ericblack4boss said:

I remember a tradesman  called off the ball, said he was doing some work cat Ebbes house, 

He turned up around 8am to start and Ebbe asked if he would like a drink, 

The guy replied that would be great 

Expecting the Dane to return with a tea or coffee, Ebbe returned with a tin of special brew, and it wasn't even 9am.

I hope that's true. 

Fucking legend

My plumber pal told us a similar tale at the time. Ebbe had just moved in to his new gaff. Summers day, sitting in the front garden with his feet in a basin of water skulling beers, offering tinnies to the lads. Gent

• Upvote 1

The Ebbe era is looked upon fondly by so many of us because it was fun to follow the Dons back then.  Results were shite, mostly, but there was a togetherness among the support that I don't think has been the same since. We knew what we were, we aspired for better obviously, but we knew we were't great. The away support, and the RDS  top deck for home games was brilliant, and games were something to really look forward to.

I'm gutted I was wasn't in Berlin for the Hertha game (and Simmie karaoke ;)). That season prior was brilliant, 10 (?) home wins in a row. 

Paterson was shite afterwards, Calderwood was OK, but it's all gotten a bit serious since. We've maybe all grown up. 

EBBE, EBBE, GIES A WAVE

• Upvote 1
47 minutes ago, Dynamo said:

The Ebbe era is looked upon fondly by so many of us because it was fun to follow the Dons back then.  Results were shite, mostly, but there was a togetherness among the support that I don't think has been the same since. We knew what we were, we aspired for better obviously, but we knew we were't great. The away support, and the RDS  top deck for home games was brilliant, and games were something to really look forward to.

I'm gutted I was wasn't in Berlin for the Hertha game (and Simmie karaoke ;)). That season prior was brilliant, 10 (?) home wins in a row. 

Paterson was shite afterwards, Calderwood was OK, but it's all gotten a bit serious since. We've maybe all grown up. 

EBBE, EBBE, GIES A WAVE

Spot on, we were all in it together, away games were fucking brilliant. Strange how there can be so much affection for a manager when we were completely fucking shite.

Say’s it all about him really I suppose.

Sad to hear the news. Have good memories of his first season in among the low points. The first goal (in a cup game) after not managing a single goal up to that point. Clapping the team off after losing to Dundee Utd. We "weren't very good" but the team had given it everything. Same with losing a late goal to Hibs when it looked like we were actually going to win a game. The ridiculous Motherwell game (wasn't at that but was still a fun evening following), the late winner in extra time against the dead club in the league cup (still one of my favourite football moments) and winning two semis. Such a crazy season. 

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

What about if someone murdered your entire family ? Or knobbed your wife. Or both. 

As longs you have them under life insurance happy days.

Speaking of Belabed what the fuck was the story there again? Did he not go not the run from Interpol in Belgium or something?