Inside Tynecastle

12 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

He launched a bunch of missiles at Iran, which just seemed to be a spontaneous "I'm hard" exercise without thinking through what would happen next. (Attacks on American bases)

That's more about doing the bidding of Israel and their hawkish lobby in America. And you said the Libya intervention was a Nato backed conflict ,  weren't Iraq and Afghanistan also Nato backed? 

1 minute ago, maryhilldon said:

That's more about doing the bidding of Israel and their hawkish lobby in America. And you said the Libya intervention was a Nato backed conflict ,  weren't Iran and Afghanistan also Nato backed? 

I assume you mean Iraq. 

No.. that was The Coalition of the Willing, because most NATO countries wanted nothing to do with the invasion of Iraq.  Remember, it was America, Tony Blair's UK,  and I think the Marshall Islands and various other places. 

Afghanistan was more than even just NATO. Funny thing was we didn't even need to have a war... Afghanistan offered to turn OBL over to a third party for trial, and Bush said, nah, we'll just invade you. 

Both Wars under Bush, though, and neither necessary from any military standpoint. 

10 hours ago, Ke1t said:

100% it is. 

But an 'Act of War' doesn't necessarily lead to a war, and in the case of the Clinton and Obama administrations they calculated, rightly, that their actions wouldn't start a war or expand a current war. 

In fact, the bombing of the Serbs went a long way to halting genocide and ending a war. 

So we could actually reset their 0 to -1. 

In the case of Bush, (Cheney, let's be honest) there was a direct, unprovoked invasion on two counts, and an asinine war without end for the third. 

So, is it only a war if one side doesn't retaliate?

15 hours ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Won't change each others minds but I at least will say you've made an articulate argument without being a dick about it or personally offensive. Fair play. 

I know from reading your past posts that the most offence you have taken from reading these posts is the references to people with disabilities - pretty sure that it's something close to home for you. 

It's not for me to speak on behalf of others but I'd guess nobody really means to cause you offence in that area. All the other stuff, I'm sure you can take on the chin. 

2 hours ago, The Buzzard said:

I know from reading your past posts that the most offence you have taken from reading these posts is the references to people with disabilities - pretty sure that it's something close to home for you. 

It's not for me to speak on behalf of others but I'd guess nobody really means to cause you offence in that area. All the other stuff, I'm sure you can take on the chin. 

Thanks mate, appreciate that. And yes it is. So without being a bore about it, it's on people like me to try to ask that people, who you're right are probably decent and don't mean offence, just to think about the language they use. I'd hate to think anybody sees a disabled kid and thinks, oh magic that reminds me how to be funny or the big man in the pub later or on the forum tonight.

But forums are rarely the place for mature understanding, I get that.

Thanks again Buzzard. ??

• Downvote 1
10 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Thanks mate, appreciate that. And yes it is. So without being a bore about it, it's on people like me to try to ask that people, who you're right are probably decent and don't mean offence, just to think about the language they use. I'd hate to think anybody sees a disabled kid and thinks, oh magic that reminds me how to be funny or the big man in the pub later or on the forum tonight.

But forums are rarely the place for mature understanding, I get that.

Thanks again Buzzard. ??

You should know by now that the majority of people who type stuff like that wouldnt say it face to face in real life. Its for mock outrage and reaction. Giving them that reaction feeds their egos my man. 

52 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

So without being a bore about it, it's on people like me to try to ask that people, who you're right are probably decent and don't mean offence, just to think about the language they use.

Yet you're casting up my use of a word a single time, which I conceded was poor and apologised for, many months later to have a sly wee dig at me. ?‍♂️

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
1 hour ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

No worries mate, it's a forum, happy we all muse. ?? I try not to offend, especially on another fans forum. But the nature of forums is an average of 4 posts before an argument. ? Hope you're well. 

One post is normally enough to kick off an argument here. 

Aye, as well as can be expected, thanks. Just scunnered like most others. 

Hope you and yours are we well too. 

Cheers 

• Downvote 1
1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Yet you're casting up my use of a word a single time, which I conceded was poor and apologised for, many months later to have a sly wee dig at me. ?‍♂️

In all honesty didn't catch that you'd apologised. Apologies aren't easy on forums for anyone. So genuinely that was good on your part and appreciated. And I'm not point scoring. No personal digs, let's keep it to football.

You watching the Cup final? ? C'mon. I've teed it up for you to say hope yous get fucked ya diet hun....?‍♂️

• Downvote 1
1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

One post is normally enough to kick off an argument here. 

Aye, as well as can be expected, thanks. Just scunnered like most others. 

Hope you and yours are we well too. 

Cheers 

Isn't there some kind of research or something that says every forum discussion is only 20-30 posts away on average from referencing Hitler? Or did I just make that up. ? I suppose forums would be boring if we all agreed. Even the Celtic one will be full of folk arguing. And they're going for four trebles. 

Hoping for normality back soon. Hey, a vaccine. I'm happy if they start with politicians, scientific advisers and journalists. THEN the public. But imagine that first pint in a busy pub with no masks on.....??

Hope you and family well too. ?

• Downvote 1
1 hour ago, Ke1t said:

I assume you mean 'does' retaliate. 

No.

Iran retaliated against the US attack, for example. Didn't go to war. 

I'd say you're already at war then. 

25 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Yeah the liberals prefer to have their wars/riots at home in the streets tbf

Make America Riotous Again 

Yeah, for no reason at all as well! 

9 hours ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Yeah, for no reason at all as well! 

Do they need a reason for a riot? Other than if there hasn’t been a riot for a couple of weekends?

Baby mammas go out window shopping through the week to compile their lists, then when weekends come some fall guy has to go get shot by a cop so the rest can go collect their booty’s shopping.

On 11/12/2020 at 4:02 AM, fine-n-dandy said:

Do they need a reason for a riot? Other than if there hasn’t been a riot for a couple of weekends?

Baby mammas go out window shopping through the week to compile their lists, then when weekends come some fall guy has to go get shot by a cop so the rest can go collect their booty’s shopping.

Had my suspicions, but you've now just confirmed you're a colossal mongo. 

Cba arguing with you. 

25 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

He's not lost yet. Courts decide. Not TV networks. 

lol that's funny, parroting what the other losers have been scripted to say! 

It's actually the states that decide,  and there goes Arizona and Georgia as well, the deadbeat draft dodger has fucked it up big time!

• 2 weeks later...

The netflix Sunderland one was brilliant. Jack rodwell on 60k a week, never plays for them, Martin hun Bain, the CEO, asked him to leave and rodwell was like ha ha ha, no chance.

And when the new owners came in and hun bain got his jotters, the new owners checked out the training ground. They had one of those cryo chambers that cost 10s of thousands of pounds. The new owners are like, who uses this, Martin Bain is the only one. Ha ha.

Shame for the fans, but what a mess of a club.

Levein comes across like he’s been the victim of sexual abuse at the hands of budge and the only reason he got sacked was cos he finally told her he wasnt touching her burger with his tongue ever again just to stay in a job.

Gary Locke’s a fucking imecile. I bet all his colleagues would agree. 

Stendel haha. Mcphee ahaha. Fuck sake what a shambles.

1 minute ago, Simply Red said:

Levein comes across like he’s been the victim of sexual abuse at the hands of budge and the only reason he got sacked was cos he finally told her he wasnt touching her burger with his tongue ever again just to stay in a job.

Gary Locke’s a fucking imecile. I bet all his colleagues would agree. 

Stendel haha. Mcphee ahaha. Fuck sake what a shambles.

They let Gary Locke manage that club once.  Unbelievable. I know they were skint but bloody hell. 

And to make matters worse, 3 other senior clubs appointed him as manager too.