Aberdeen FC confirm Jimmy Thelin appointment ✍️ ×

Aberdeen 2 - 0 Hibs

Injured: Cerny, Campbell, McGeouch, Hayes and Watkins

Lewis

Hoban Taylor Considine

McLennan McCrorie Ferguson Kennedy

Hedges Wright

Cosgrove

subs: Woods, Logan, Leigh, Devlin, Ojo, Main, McGinn, Hernandez, Edmondson.

He might be tempted to stick Ojo in for Wright or McLennan with a view to him getting some minutes before Ibrox.

Huge 3 points at stake.

1 hour ago, alscotoz said:

A win because we're playing at home against a team that can't even beat Hearts

Hibs will be playing a team that couldn’t beat a shit and tired Celtic team so it should be a shit game. And with Aberdeen having their engine missing  (Hayes.).  They won’t get going.  ( Again ).    Aberdeen’s fitness programme needs changing,  Celtic having a game the Thursday before yesterdays game with rubber legs, and Aberdeen fully rested supposedly fitter should have walked this game, but no they surrender again.     0-0.   

• Downvote 2

I’d stick with the 3 at the back, as generally we’ve played better football using it.

Lewis

Hoban Taylor Considine

McLennan Ferguson McCrorie Kennedy

Hedges Wright

Cosgrove 

1-1 or 2-1 Dons 

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I’d stick with the 3 at the back, as generally we’ve played better football using it.

Lewis

Hoban Taylor Considine

McLennan Ferguson McCrorie Kennedy

Hedges Wright

Cosgrove 

1-1 or 2-1 Dons 

Aye. Same team for me except I'd start Edmondson if he's fit and switch him with Cosgrove later on. 

There's a role for Niall as a sub in this one too. 

23 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

The only reason I put in Cosgrove was to give him game time as it’s pretty clear he needs it going by his performance against the Tims. 

We need the points more than Cosgrove needs game time. Edmondson in for me, but I doubt |McInnes will agree

I think Hibs have flattered to deceive a bit this season. They'll finish 4th comfortably, but there's been a few games where they've won and probably shouldn't have. They can beat us on their day though so need to put a performance in. 

Side note, they haven't won at Pittodrie since 2012, let's keep it that way.

2 hours ago, keigy1983 said:

can't see the game listed on sky or BT sports, i assume we'll need to get a stream or pay for the red tv coverage, why would this game not be picked up for tv? 

For some bright idea SPFL did not offer a lot of tv games in this contract (for five years).

The powers that be 2-3 years ago decided we needed less tv games which has the effect of meaning there are almost no games not involving Rangers/Celtic selected.

I think there are 48 games a season with 6 required for the playoffs meaning only 42 in the regular season. There is a lot of Celtic/Rangers away games picked so say they pick 30/38 of them away which is not unrealistic at all then that only leaves them with 12 matches left for the season.

We are lucky to have had Saints away, Hibs away and Huns away picked for telly.

41 minutes ago, RUL said:

In fairness generally I would say we need less games on TV. 

Important game, has there been any indications how many folk are actually buying streams? I see the half time raffle sales are very low.

It's a balancing act. I think it's important to showcase our game by having games on. 

There should have been an exceptional additional contract added for this season with no fans. I think we've been deluded in the summer thinking fan return was round the corner and now all of a sudden we are hoping for August fan return as a positive outcome.

4 hours ago, keigy1983 said:

can't see the game listed on sky or BT sports, i assume we'll need to get a stream or pay for the red tv coverage, why would this game not be picked up for tv? 

Is it not because there is a full fixture list (minus the bigots) Fri night?

2-0 us,  we are fairly decent at seeing out games like this (potentially kiss of death).

2 hours ago, Tord31 said:

For some bright idea SPFL did not offer a lot of tv games in this contract (for five years).

The powers that be 2-3 years ago decided we needed less tv games which has the effect of meaning there are almost no games not involving Rangers/Celtic selected.

I think there are 48 games a season with 6 required for the playoffs meaning only 42 in the regular season. There is a lot of Celtic/Rangers away games picked so say they pick 30/38 of them away which is not unrealistic at all then that only leaves them with 12 matches left for the season.

We are lucky to have had Saints away, Hibs away and Huns away picked for telly.

If you discount games involving the arse cheeks, which Sky treats as their priority, us v Hibs is the plum fixture of the rest. You would surely expect them to show one game at Easter Road and one at Pittodrie as a counter-balance at a minimum. And then likely show the 4th fixture in the post-season split

3 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

If you discount games involving the arse cheeks, which Sky treats as their priority, us v Hibs is the plum fixture of the rest. You would surely expect them to show one game at Easter Road and one at Pittodrie as a counter-balance at a minimum. And then likely show the 4th fixture in the post-season split

To Sky, it's a case of Rangers or Celtic or nobody.  If you're using fruit as an analogy, Rangers and Celtic are the fruit that goes on display, the rest of the sides are the small, misshapen fruit that doesn't get sent to the supermarkets. 

21 hours ago, RUL said:

In fairness generally I would say we need less games on TV. 

Can't see your argument there. Surely with games being played behind closed doors there is more reason to show as many games as possible on TV. And at a reasonably realistic cost.

The EPL and SKY/BT are facing some resistance to their £15 per match fee. One game apparently had less than 1000 viewers.

It's pure greed and if a charge of say, £4.95 was made, then the uptake would be far higher.