Aberdeen 2 - 0 Hibs

19 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Agree with yin and yang. Disagree with soft. As clear as day, as it always is when the defending player runs into the attacking player and clearly knocks him over without getting anywhere near the ball.

And a great football authority backed me up so we must be right, some fucking gluepot in a pink jaiket who's never played the game, the game being men's fitba. Putting these females on the panel is excrutiating. 

I've watched it again.

I'm still sticking to its the softest of pens. There will be 100 bigger 'that should have been a pen' 's this season

Not convinced

A’bdy needs to chill the fuck out about big Sam. He’s a natural finisher. Once he finds his groove he’ll start banging them in. He’s got no intention of doin what Watkins does, different player. 

Few more games, few more goals, confidence at a high, there will be more silly money thrown at him. Bring it on. Win/win

• Upvote 1
52 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I've watched it again.

I'm still sticking to its the softest of pens. There will be 100 bigger 'that should have been a pen' 's this season

Not convinced

Its definitely a penalty but I'd say it's one that maybe only gets given 33% of the time, refs mainly giving the benefit of the doubt to the defender. But likely given 100% of the time if one of the arse cheeks is the opponent

Those boys being touted for contract extensions better sign up quick because guaranteed if the huns beat us Wright and McLennan will be hounded out the door. Until we beat another shite team and those contracts will miraculously reappear.

Not saying guys on here are fickle or anything like that...

Three points (expected).

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, daytripping said:

Just watched the highlights, pathetic performance. First ten minutes great then utter rubbish. It's why we never win anything, set up not to lose.

We were comfortable the entire game. Hibs had possession in non dangerous areas doing fuck all with it. Hence 1 shot on target from them the whole game.  We also had chances to get 3 or 4 within that system.

Some folk are just miserable cunts.

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, Simply Red said:

A’bdy needs to chill the fuck out about big Sam. He’s a natural finisher. Once he finds his groove he’ll start banging them in. He’s got no intention of doin what Watkins does, different player. 

Few more games, few more goals, confidence at a high, there will be more silly money thrown at him. Bring it on. Win/win

Yup. Some people are just weird about him. It was 100 per cent a great deliberate finish.

He also linked the play well at times (all in to feet). The playing it long more often when Cosgrove plays is utter horseshit as well.

I felt it was a good performance and a comfortable win against a team who some are, or were, tipping to finish above us. Shades of last weekend's semi final with one side getting themselves into a comfortable lead and keeping the other at arm's length for the remainder of the game. Kennedy was clearly breathing out of his arse for 10 to 15 minutes before he was replaced, hence the incident with Boyle. I thought McLennan looked good in that wing back position, what he lacks in experience and positional sense he can, generally, make up for with his pace. Plenty other good performances and hard workers too though. I don't have any huge expectations for the game against the Huns but was satisfied with last night's showing. 

Job was done in the first 12 mins. Managed the game well from then on. 

Jack Ross admitting Hibs were shite, but then complaining about refereeing decisions? Hanlon should've been off for wiping out Wright as he had a goal scoring opportunity. Boyle threw himself to the floor for the two penalty shouts, was hardly touched. 

All in all, lots to be pleased with. 

8 hours ago, Tord31 said:

I've watched it again.

Not convinced

VAR would undoubtedly have given a penalty.

But fuck it, from what I’ve seen of Hibs this season they’ve had some incredible decisions fo their way so dar, so fuck Hibs & Gray’s Babble on & on.

Besides why Hanlon wasn’t sent off beggars belief. Referee shitebaggery 

Wright has certainly proved me wrong. Very important cog in our machine now - as well as more goals, he just needs to add a cuntish edge to his game, something Pawlett had in his makeup, and he can go from strength to strength. And hopefully not disappear into oblivion like the aforementioned PP did.

By the way, Hibs are S H I T E. Fucking media wanking themselves over them, I was never particularly impressed when watching highlights of them and in the two games v us, they’ve been mince. They’ll finish bottom of the top 6 and we’ll have more competition from Motherwell for 3rd place than the Edinburgh Eastenders. 

• Upvote 3
9 hours ago, daytripping said:

Just watched the highlights, pathetic performance. First ten minutes great then utter rubbish. It's why we never win anything, set up not to lose.

Nivir min. We went at them and had the game won in 12 minutes. The rest of the game we were so comfortable, I don't think Lewis had a save to make. We were defensively sound, were bossing the midfield and Wright and Hedges were a joy to watch. The only negative of the night was having to endure 20 minutes of that useless Curtis Main cunt.

19 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Wright has certainly proved me wrong. Very important cog in our machine now - as well as more goals, he just needs to add a cuntish edge to his game, something Pawlett had in his makeup, and he can go from strength to strength. And hopefully not disappear into oblivion like the aforementioned PP did.

By the way, Hibs are S H I T E. Fucking media wanking themselves over them, I was never particularly impressed when watching highlights of them and in the two games v us, they’ve been mince. They’ll finish bottom of the top 6 and we’ll have more competition from Motherwell for 3rd place than the Edinburgh Eastenders. 

Wright just needs to be more consistent. 

In my eyes he’s either a class above or completely anonymous. Certainly starting to prove me wrong in more recent times though. Fair play. 

Good performance last night we were never really troubled after going 2-0 up. I think it's over 8 years since Hibs last won up here for no great surprise that we turned them over again. 

Huns game worries me as we will likely have to play Ojo alongside Ferguson. It's a big ask to get a result down there without McCrorie, McGeough, Watkins and Hayes as the huns are flying this season. But on the plus side we actually seem to perform better against them in Glasgow these days  and should have beaten them on our last trip to Ibrox 0-0 was a decent  result but Cosgrove missed a gilt edged one on one chance. The huns have improved a lot since then so we will need to play out of our skin to get any sort of result. I'd definitely take another 0-0.

57 minutes ago, 1903Fitba said:

Wright just needs to be more consistent. 

In my eyes he’s either a class above or completely anonymous. Certainly starting to prove me wrong in more recent times though. Fair play. 

He seems to be better now that he feels he's part of the team, he certainly plays well with Hedges and their confidence is well up there

On 11/6/2020 at 11:07 PM, Sheepo said:

Big turnaround as most on here would have happily seen Wright, Hedges and Mclennan moved on in the summer. Agree all 3 need tied down to longer deals

I wonder if not playing in front of ridiculous negative and abusive "supporters" has held their and the team's confidence this season?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
20 minutes ago, Dandyesque said:

Or maybe said morons should stop dishing out the crap? 

Just an observation/question.

There's certainly room for discussion

I think it's fairly obvious we've changed our style of play to suit those type of players. 

Good effort trying to blame the fans though!