Scotland qualify for Euro 2020

2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

For example. 

You could have McGinn in midfield instead of Jack. 

And that would allow you to have Fraser and Christie further forward behind the striker. 

That's got to be better than having Jack in the team, surely. 

Not for me.

We just aren't good enough overall to have one of our deep midfielders trying to bomb forward and also have Christie, Fraser, Dykes attacking.

We've done ok with 2 sitting and McGinm pushing on behind Dykes and Fraser.

2 minutes ago, thurso said:

I’d have Armstrong instead of McGinn and mctominay in midfield instead of jack 

We tried that several times before and weren't very good.

Also who would replace mcTominay?

Armstrong is a player I really like but tbh he's done fuck all for Scotland the last few years. Flatters to deceive.

Basically you'd dismantle 2 areas that are ok at the moment to badly fix one area that's weak.

Just now, V for Vendetta said:

Not for me.

We just aren't good enough overall to have one of our deep midfielders trying to bomb forward and also have Christie, Fraser, Dykes attacking.

We've done ok with 2 sitting and McGinm pushing on behind Dykes and Fraser.

That's the difference between sticking with what you've got and trying to evolve it a bit further to try and improve. 

If it doesn't work you can always put Jack back in again.  But to me he's a waste of a jersey, especially when you've got 3 centre backs and 2 wing backs. 

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

That's the difference between sticking with what you've got and trying to evolve it a bit further to try and improve. 

If it doesn't work you can always put Jack back in again.  But to me he's a waste of a jersey, especially when you've got 3 centre backs and 2 wing backs. 

I have never rated Jack. Even going back when so many thought he was great at Aberdeen.

100% flatters to deceive. He’s a pathetic version of Barry Ferguson (a really pathetic version)  but at least you could see the positives with Ferguson 

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

It's not a failure to evolve though- it's realising what has worked the last 3 or 4 games and not going back to what didn't work in the previous 20.

The evolution we need is to improve the weak areas without fucking up the strengths.

Ie. replace Jack with someone who's not already doing well in the team.

Fuck it try Tierney as a holding midfielder. If we really MUST pick the gimp.

56 minutes ago, daytripping said:

The whole Country gets behind Scotland when we get to the finals, cars flying saltires, flags in peoples windows (my now departed old man had them everywhere, windows, garden, car), just a great time to be alive. Boozers are electric, I really hope we can do it, been far too long. People will fall in love with Scotland again if we can get through.

Top posting. ❤️ 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1