Scotland qualify for Euro 2020

2 minutes ago, V for Vendetta said:

It will be great for kids actually, to think none of them have experienced anything of the like.

But will they really get into it? Will it excite and enthrall them like it did for us 20 or 30 years ago?

We'll see.

Of course they will. The kids will be swept up in it. 

I remember before we won the cup, you hardly ever saw kids wearing Aberdeen shirts. All wearing English Premier club kits. Now they're everywhere. 

This will be the same. The country will be bouncing next summer and kids feed on the positivity and party atmosphere. 

1 minute ago, Poodler said:

If you can justify supporting Ryan Jack etc then be my guest and explain it, I genuinely don't understand how you can cheer him on today and hate him again at the weekend. It just sounds like a lack of integrity.

Like thon sorts who support two teams that then play each other in the champs league.

If you can explain the mentality then I'll be able to go away 

That result could only have been made sweeter if Ratboy got badly injured. He took a couple of sore ones and i applauded them both. 

I have a massive intolerance of folk with 2 club teams. I dont consider wanting my country to win a contradiction on that.  

• Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, Simply Red said:

That result could only have been made sweeter if Ratboy got badly injured. He took a couple of sore ones and i applauded them both. 

I have a massive intolerance of folk with 2 club teams. I dont consider wanting my country to win a contradiction on that.  

I appreciate the attempt at explaining it

I’ve said before that I’m not that fussed about Scotland, but fair play to them tonight.

Pretty much dominated a decent team on their patch from the off.

Clarke fucked up by taking off Christie & Dykes who were Scotland’s best two players, should’ve  kept them on as Scotland lost momentum.

But for folk who follow the national team, what a night. 
Fucked up my double of Serbia & Slovakia right enough ?

McTominay got distracted by the runner, took his eye off his own man and got punished. 

But he showed character to keep going and that penalty showed he has big bollocks. 

Yeah he's not a centre back to trade but he's playing there because Clarke wants someone in that position who is comfortable on the ball.  Thats why Tierney got the nod on the left side. 

McTominay will get better in that position.

All three of them in defence played well. Gallagher in particular was outstanding.

Thats why I like Clarke. He's got guts. A back 3 of McTominay, Gallagher from Motherwell and Tierney? Who else as Scotland manager would have had the balls to go with that?  

4 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I’ve said before that I’m not that fussed about Scotland, but fair play to them tonight.

Pretty much dominated a decent team on their patch from the off.

Clarke fucked up by taking off Christie & Dykes who were Scotland’s best two players, should’ve  kept them on as Scotland lost momentum.

But for folk who follow the national team, what a night. 
Fucked up my double of Serbia & Slovakia right enough ?

Why do even bother writing this shite?

Nobody cares.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
2 minutes ago, thurso said:

First game is on a Monday at 3 in the afternoon hopefully they shut the schools and everyone gets to knock of work early like against Brazil in98

In the past everything just shuts, have seen my work have tv's set up in the canteen for 11am kick offs in big tournaments, all work stopped. Bosses know they need to keep people onside, no use having people there all glued to a radio for the last hour or two of the day.

5 minutes ago, daytripping said:

In the past everything just shuts, have seen my work have tv's set up in the canteen for 11am kick offs in big tournaments, all work stopped. Bosses know they need to keep people onside, no use having people there all glued to a radio for the last hour or two of the day.

In 98 they said they would put TVs on in the tea hut we all said no thanks and went to the pub 

2 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Agree that Gallagher was superb again. Agree with you on Clarke, a good manager because he does what he thinks is right, not what the papers or what popular opinion is. He's his own man.

I would have a player with experience in the right positions every time and putting a midfielder in the heart of defence is a high risk strategy. I've been saying for the last three games that it was. Unfortunately it happened late on in the crucial game and very fortunately, it didn't matter after some big balls when it mattered, including from him.

So a great night for Scotland supporters but going forward, I would have Considine at the back instead and move McT back to where he's more effective. I also struggle to see how Tierney AND Robertson fit into the same 11. McT should play, just not at the back. I predicted it was dangerous. Unfortunately for him, and for the country, it happened tonight. It only takes one mistake. That could've been fatal. 

Yeah its high risk and if he had a right sided centre back who is comfortable on the ball he'd probably pick him instead. But I can't name a decent one because we don't have one. 

He knows he'd get hammered if it didn't work and every time McTominay makes a mistake both he and Clarke will get hammered.  And they both know it. 

But Clarke doesn't give a fuck, McTominay is taking on the challenge and I say fair play to both of them. 

1 minute ago, daytripping said:

I took 3 weeks holiday and had the best days of my life ever, despite the tartan army, nothing beats being there. Just stay clear of the tartan weirdos.

Ha ha I had just turned 18 and was the 4th tournament I’d been to so was probably a tartan army weirdo 

15 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

McTominay got distracted by the runner, took his eye off his own man and got punished. 

But he showed character to keep going and that penalty showed he has big bollocks. 

Yeah he's not a centre back to trade but he's playing there because Clarke wants someone in that position who is comfortable on the ball.  Thats why Tierney got the nod on the left side. 

McTominay will get better in that position.

All three of them in defence played well. Gallagher in particular was outstanding.

Thats why I like Clarke. He's got guts. A back 3 of McTominay, Gallagher from Motherwell and Tierney? Who else as Scotland manager would have had the balls to go with that?  

Gallagher is a good defender, a late developer.

Is he not about to turn 30?

Always saw him as a journeyman bog standard SPFL defender when he was at Livingston. 

7 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Agree that Gallagher was superb again. Agree with you on Clarke, a good manager because he does what he thinks is right, not what the papers or what popular opinion is. He's his own man.

I would have a player with experience in the right positions every time and putting a midfielder in the heart of defence is a high risk strategy. I've been saying for the last three games that it was. Unfortunately it happened late on in the crucial game and very fortunately, it didn't matter after some big balls when it mattered, including from him.

So a great night for Scotland supporters but going forward, I would have Considine at the back instead and move McT back to where he's more effective. I also struggle to see how Tierney AND Robertson fit into the same 11. McT should play, just not at the back. I predicted it was dangerous. Unfortunately for him, and for the country, it happened tonight. It only takes one mistake. That could've been fatal. 

I agree with a lot of what you are saying but despite my reservations thought teirney was pretty good tonight 

1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Always saw him as a journeyman bog standard SPFL defender when he was at Livingston. 

Until last 3 Scotland games I’m not sure if I’d have wanted Gallagher in the aberdeen team but now think he’s brilliant 

1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Drivel alert.

Its Westhill Wanderers writing absolute shite again.

Bet you are one of those tools that goes to games and shouts instructions to the players.