Scotland qualify for Euro 2020

25 minutes ago, euan2020 said:

hopefully Considine is in the squad for finals - timed it right 

Looks like his yes sir i can boogie tune is going to be the unofficial Scotland anthem now unfortunately, so makes sense for him to be around. 

Hope it spurs on the likes of Ferg/McCrorie/ even Wright, to try and play their way into contention. 

Before the mongles jump in, i dont think Wright will be anywhere near it but be good to think every Scot we’ve got steps it up a bit with the chance, however slim, of being involved in the summer. 

Consi/Dykes/Gallagher/ none of them guys wouldve thought they’d be involved 6months ago. 

1 hour ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

I hate the guy, just don't see the sense in pretending he's not a good player ?‍♂️ 

I thought the game passed him by in the first half.  He actually played well second half though and even played a few forward passes for a change. 

The whole team were good second half though, even O'Donnell, who is clearly a weak link worked hard, closed them down and won his tackles. 

2 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

McTominay was totally at fault and showed inexperience as a defender.

Other than that he had a decent game..

I wasn’t convinced with the substitutions, they were poor in my opinion.

McBurnie could not hold up the ball.

McLean and Patterson just didn’t have the drive like McGinn and Christie.

I agree with the players that had to be taken off,  but with those going on not able to pick up the pace in attack again, there should have been consideration to be more defensive and see the game out.
Already our formation were sitting deeper. O’Donnell and Robertson effectively dropping to make a back 5 (McTominay right sided CH).

I think if McKenna had went on, pushing Tierney to LB, allowing Robertson to play further forward, or pushing McTominey into a defensive midfield role, protecting the back line, I think McKenna deals with that ball into the box

He's an easy target though and people jump on him all the time. 

He's played the last 3 games against Czech Republic, Slovakia and Serbia and we've conceded one goal, topped our group and qualified for the Euros. He's played alongside a Motherwell player, a veteran Aberdeen player and a left back.  I think the defence should be getting credit for that rather than stick.

1 hour ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

I hate the guy, just don't see the sense in pretending he's not a good player ?‍♂️ 

Pretty much how I see it. However his time at sevco is drawing to a close. By next summer he'll be a squad player at best and they'll possibly be open to letting him move on in the January 2022 window. When it happens, I'm not saying I'd be in favour of it but wouldn't be totally surprised to see McCrorie flogged off to England for a few million in that window and Jack brought back to Pittodrie as his replacement

As much as I think mctominay is our best midfielder and he was at fault for the goal him being in defence wasn’t the cause of it. It was corner. Even if he was in midfield he would of let the guy run off him. 
thought mcgregor was far better than jack last night for a player that is more attack minded he was very dicaplined and protected the defence better than anyone 

2 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Ryan Jack is a fucking snake in the grass, but he's also a very good player.

I thought he always played it safe when with us, but he's improved with those cunts. 

it was clearly mcinnes telling him to play in a certain way. he changed at rangers on day one

8 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

I wonder if any of allan mcgregor, Scott brown, James mcarther, Robert snodgrass or Steven Fletcher will come asking about a recall for the euros. Hope they do and get told to fuck off 

also can’t see the next few Scotland squads being call offs galore. Steve Clarke has done a great job just getting the players to look interested 

I was wondering about that but could only remember Brown, McGregor and Ritchie as retired.

I can't remember Fletcher retiring?

I don't have any problem with anyone unretiring but thankfully Brown and lesser extent McGregor are past it anyway

15 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

I wonder if any of allan mcgregor, Scott brown, James mcarther, Robert snodgrass or Steven Fletcher will come asking about a recall for the euros. Hope they do and get told to fuck off 

Apart from the fact that not one of them are of any fucking use...

There's not a hope in hell that Clarke would let them back.
Fuck me, he's spent all this time harnessing and developing a togetherness and spirit within the squad.

As if he would destroy that feelgood factor by letting any of the above fucking loser cretinous abominations walk back in. Fucking LOL

33 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I was wondering about that but could only remember Brown, McGregor and Ritchie as retired.

I can't remember Fletcher retiring?

I don't have any problem with anyone unretiring but thankfully Brown and lesser extent McGregor are past it anyway

McArthur and Snodgrass made themselves unavailable not long ago. As has already been said, hopefully told to fuck off if they come crawling back.

Mcburnie/Paterson surely wont feature again. Possible squad members at a push. Fucking carthorses. Used to think Paterson was a decent fullback at hertz. Seen him playing the josh magennis role up front at cardiff quite effectively. Not good enough for Scotland tho. 

I can see Armstrong making a strong push to be in the 11 for June. I wouldnt drop Christie or McGinn tho. 

Fair chance Thumb could end the season on fire. Him and Dykes would be a fucking handful for Spazzy Mcguire &co.

9 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

No space for any of those anymore.  Need to stick with this group and bring through the next wave rather than look backwards.  There are some good players in the u21 squad. 

Naismith was on Sportscene last night touting himself.  He can fuck off as well. 

To be fair to Naismith, he's never made himself unavailable and has been part of things this campaign. 

I actually hope that they all do make themselves available/come out of retirement.

And then Clarke ignores them all.

However I suspect if they were thinking of going down that line, that they'd all call Clarke privately to see if he would select them in his squad first before they went public. Of them all, McGregor might have a chance of getting into the squad. Marshall is number one for sure, Gordon probably number 2 but thereafter there's not a huge pool of goalkeeping talent to choose from. McLaughlin at sevco probably edges number 3 at present...but McGregor plays most of sevco's games ahead of him. Hopefully Clarke stays well away though....Marshall/Gordon/McGregor are all geriatric 

57 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

I'd have Naismith in the squad if he remains fit. We're not blessed with strikers and he's experienced at this level.

Nice problem for Clarke to have.

Naismith is past it. Let's look to the future , we do need more striking options , who's the lad banging them in for the u21's ? promote him . It was also a good sign he called McCrorie up