Scotland qualify for Euro 2020

28 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I actually hope that they all do make themselves available/come out of retirement.

And then Clarke ignores them all.

However I suspect if they were thinking of going down that line, that they'd all call Clarke privately to see if he would select them in his squad first before they went public. Of them all, McGregor might have a chance of getting into the squad. Marshall is number one for sure, Gordon probably number 2 but thereafter there's not a huge pool of goalkeeping talent to choose from. McLaughlin at sevco probably edges number 3 at present...but McGregor plays most of sevco's games ahead of him. Hopefully Clarke stays well away though....Marshall/Gordon/McGregor are all geriatric 

McLaughlin turned up for the trip to Mexico, where loads of others dropped out. That's a big plus in my mind. Same trip that McKenna was given the armband I think.

Also, didn't McGregor get a 'lifetime' ban from the SFA for his strop with B Ferguson on the bench?

1 hour ago, Ramandu said:

McLaughlin turned up for the trip to Mexico, where loads of others dropped out. That's a big plus in my mind. Same trip that McKenna was given the armband I think.

Also, didn't McGregor get a 'lifetime' ban from the SFA for his strop with B Ferguson on the bench?

Given that McGregor's last Scotland cap was in 2018....no he didn't. Announced his international retirement in March 2019

I don't think retiree players should be brought back. Fraser should be added as he provides genuine quality- either starting or from the bench. I don't see many other players breaking in as the squad seems settled enough, unless a player has a really good run.

It's maybe unlikely but Billy Gilmour will be in with a shout if he gets games for Chelsea now he is fit

6 minutes ago, Mr Brightside said:

I don't think retiree players should be brought back. Fraser should be added as he provides genuine quality- either starting or from the bench. I don't see many other players breaking in as the squad seems settled enough, unless a player has a really good run.

It's maybe unlikely but Billy Gilmour will be in with a shout if he gets games for Chelsea now he is fit

The English press a few weeks back were saying it's more likely that Chelsea will stick him out on loan in January. I suspect that he might, alongside McCrorie and possibly Ferguson too, get a run out in at least one friendly match prior to the Championships. Midfield is our strongest area so it'll be difficult for them to make the final squad without an injury or two to the guys you would consider as bankers to be there otherwise. Lack of depth at striker is our big worry though. If anything happens to Dykes we are screwed. 

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

The English press a few weeks back were saying it's more likely that Chelsea will stick him out on loan in January. I suspect that he might, alongside McCrorie and possibly Ferguson too, get a run out in at least one friendly match prior to the Championships. Midfield is our strongest area so it'll be difficult for them to make the final squad without an injury or two to the guys you would consider as bankers to be there otherwise. Lack of depth at striker is our big worry though. If anything happens to Dykes we are screwed. 

I really doubt that the likes of McCrorie, Ferguson and Gilmour will get run out in friendlies before the championships start. No point, as you would be needing the players who will be in the squad to play.

In any event I think those lads will be playing in their own euro championships for the U-21s if all goes to plan.

5 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

I really doubt that the likes of McCrorie, Ferguson and Gilmour will get run out in friendlies before the championships start. No point, as you would be needing the players who will be in the squad to play.

In any event I think those lads will be playing in their own euro championships for the U-21s if all goes to plan.

Gilmour was showing some real star quality as a playmaker , something i feel we don't have , would like to see him get a chance , in place of the rat 

2 minutes ago, redstrummer said:

Gilmour was showing some real star quality as a playmaker , something i feel we don't have , would like to see him get a chance , in place of the rat 

Totally agree. 

There's still time for one or two to break through with a good run. It's not like we're blessed with quality throughout the 23 man squad. 

You could easily see the likes of Gilmour taking the place of John Fleck in the squad. 

22 minutes ago, redstrummer said:

Gilmour is a very good player. But I think he will need to be playing regularly at club level, starting every if not most weeks to get a look in with the full international set up. You look at Chelsea's squad at the moment and its bloated after the previous transfer window. A loan would be best for him.

Better than the rat? He certainly will be.

2 hours ago, redstrummer said:

If the rat got a season ender I'd be hoping it's McCrorie that gets the nod, Gilmour would more be a replacement for McGregor or Fleck

Guest milne_afc
3 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

Great to see Consi involved and doing well for his country... but must be secretly mortified that his stagger video is being dredged up and going viral as part of the celebrations! Doubt he would have done it if he’d imagined this happening!!

No way.

He’s become a central theme of every news report on the Scotch qualification success.

David Marshall saved a pen, Big Andy saved the country.

I like that Consi has kept the 23 shirt. And hopefully thats an omen for the final squad (23 spots).

I've only had one name on the back of a shirt (Hignett 7.... yes that put me off doing it again) and I haven't bought a Scotland shirt for 20 years but I'd be tempted with a Considine 23 scotland shirt

• Upvote 1
11 hours ago, King Street Loon said:

Gilmour is a very good player. But I think he will need to be playing regularly at club level, starting every if not most weeks to get a look in with the full international set up. You look at Chelsea's squad at the moment and its bloated after the previous transfer window. A loan would be best for him.

Better than the rat? He certainly will be.

I wonder if he’ll take a loan love somewhere with the aim of crashing the squad.

17 hours ago, milne_afc said:

No way.

He’s become a central theme of every news report on the Scotch qualification success.

David Marshall saved a pen, Big Andy saved the country.

Certainly has. 

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">✉ Messaging &quot;young man&quot; Andy Considine on Instagram<br>?Shock and delight at No.2 chart spot<br>???????Family&#39;s joy at <a href="https://twitter.com/ScotlandNT?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@ScotlandNT</a> love<br>?? Friends with Real Madrid players<br><br>The singer of Scotland&#39;s unofficial anthem <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ICANBOOGIE?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#ICANBOOGIE</a> - <a href="https://twitter.com/BaccaraOficial?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@BaccaraOficial</a>&#39;s Maria Mendiola - spoke to me earlier⬇ <a href="https://t.co/Or5eWmbmvm">pic.twitter.com/Or5eWmbmvm</a></p>&mdash; Alan Zycinski (@AlanJZycinski) <a href="https://twitter.com/AlanJZycinski/status/1327612105755926531?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 14, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>