Scotland qualify for Euro 2020

1 minute ago, rocket_scientist said:

A player "low on confidence" should be nowhere near a national side. He's shite and weak if true. 

It's a valid point 

he's received plaudits for picking form players in the past 

despite dropping considine for a 'big team' player earlier this week

1 minute ago, Quagmire said:

There's fuck all about him though.

He's not a young player with potential.

He's got no pace.

He's not a penalty box striker starved of service.

He doesn't have any sort of touch to be a hold up man.

He's an English chav mascaraing as a Scotsman cos he knows he'd get nowhere near the Guffy squad. 

He’s also a plastic hun that panders to the scum.

For that alone he can fuck clean off. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
52 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Promotion to League A would almost certainly give us a WC play off place. 

Yeah, and then we’d have a far better chance of qualifying for Euro 2024 because it’s almost a guarantee that yer Germans, Guffs, Frenchies and everyone else in League A will qualify for those Euros via the usual method, giving us a Nations League semi final play off place, should we need it.

17 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

It's a strange one. 

He's not good in the air, has a poor first touch, isn't a great finisher or link up player,  isn't the hardest of workers, isn't particularly quick. 

Normally there's something a player is particularly good at which would convince people to spend that kinda money. 

But for the life of me I can't see it. 

I saw him a fair few times for Swansea. Genuinely was decent. But he's never even threatened to replicate that form for Scotland, barring the admittedly excellent penalty he took the other night. Seems to have regained his place for Sheffield United ahead of the other useless Oli that they signed in summer.

Given he cost £17.5million (£20m potentially with add-ons) he would have become an instant millionaire overnight. I wonder if that has made life too easy for him and now just feels no compunction to try his hardest. In the very few times I've seen him with Sheffield he hasn't impressed either. I'm guessing Clark is selecting him on the basis of his transfer fee rather than his form And because of the obvious lack of alternatives

2 hours ago, Quagmire said:

Fine n Dandy will be asking serious questions about Steve Clarke's future if we fail to beat Israel after playing a weakened team against the Slovaks. 

Why would I?

half the squad were still pished & the other half that played were just hungover.

Not sure why you think I would be questioning Clarke’s future in the slightest.

51 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

It's a strange one. 

He's not good in the air, has a poor first touch, isn't a great finisher or link up player,  isn't the hardest of workers, isn't particularly quick. 

Normally there's something a player is particularly good at which would convince people to spend that kinda money. 

But for the life of me I can't see it. 

Oil Burke & McBurnie.

Two classic examples of the English transfer market being an utter farce.

£23m McBurnie cost?

Burke has had a few transfers of around £15m

Fucking madness because they’re both complete shite 

• Downvote 1
2 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Oil Burke & McBurnie.

Two classic examples of the English transfer market being an utter farce.

£23m McBurnie cost?

Burke has had a few transfers of around £15m

Fucking madness because they’re both complete shite 

Especially when you can get the likes of Cosgrove/Dykes etc. for just a couple of million