US Presidential Election 2020

Bebo

US Presidential Election 2020  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the 2020 Presidential Election?

• Trump
    • Biden

This poll is closed to new votes

6 minutes ago, BrianFaePerth said:

Headlines say Trumpoid wanted a nuclear strike on Iran ffs. He wanted to bomb a nuclear site, big difference. At least until the bomb hits its target.

That said, surely any American president regularly discusses bombing muslimists so nothing to see here

You're talking shit as per.

Fake news. Even the Daily Mail aren't saying that and they're the worst in the world for scaremongering headlines.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8956013/Trump-talked-launching-missile-strike-Irans-main-nuclear-site-advisers-week.html

4 minutes ago, BrianFaePerth said:

Ah OK. The commonly viewed Australian news that most folk here read every day. 

My mistake. ?‍♂️

? 

Panorama last night was on about the gaping chasm that’s opening up in the wake of Trump’s presidency and his utter refusal to admit defeat despite his repeated claims of fraud being almost completely unfounded. There’s always been a divide between the liberal lefties and the gun toting, bible thumping weirdo’s that mostly inhabit the southern states but their commander in chief has invigorated the latter these last few years for a potential replay of the confederates v the unionists. I know some Trump supporters and they’ve completely lost their shit over this, grabbing at any tiny media report that suits their agenda as justification. Friends have turned against friends. It’ll only take one flashpoint to encourage some of these armed militias to start shooting shit up and I’d be amazed if the whole transition, whenever it get resolved, manages to pass through peacefully.

14 minutes ago, thedandydon said:

Panorama last night was on about the gaping chasm that’s opening up in the wake of Trump’s presidency and his utter refusal to admit defeat despite his repeated claims of fraud being almost completely unfounded. There’s always been a divide between the liberal lefties and the gun toting, bible thumping weirdo’s that mostly inhabit the southern states but their commander in chief has invigorated the latter these last few years for a potential replay of the confederates v the unionists. I know some Trump supporters and they’ve completely lost their shit over this, grabbing at any tiny media report that suits their agenda as justification. Friends have turned against friends. It’ll only take one flashpoint to encourage some of these armed militias to start shooting shit up and I’d be amazed if the whole transition, whenever it get resolved, manages to pass through peacefully.

Yea I saw that as well.

Worrying times indeed, and if Trump continues to peddle the line that he’s been robbed, then it could quite easily kick off.

There would be a real possibility of one of these nutjobs taking it upon himself ( or herself) to take Biden out.

17 minutes ago, thedandydon said:

Watched it as well and could not help but initially laugh when they were interviewing the armed militia (most of whom were obese!) and their justification for taking to the streets, however when you clocked the guns and equipment that they actually had at their disposal it was scary to think that people like that could actually get access to it.

The militias are generally a bunch of twats who want to play soldiers without running the risk of being shot at themselves. 

They may have semi-automatic, military grade weapons at their disposal, but the National Guard has fully automatic, military grade weapons at their disposal, along with tanks, helicopters, armoured vehicles, and training. And the State governors retain control of the National Guard. 

A gang of 400lb wheezy-Bubbas isn't going to pose any real threat to even part-time military.  They're just going to get their blubbery hides turned into Swiss cheese as they wobble slowly towards cover under the weight of their expensive, oversized tactical gear and their own rippling whale meat. 

These daft cunts think they're some kind of intimidating threat, just waiting to pounce like a sleek, ravenous tiger, but when you see them in the flesh they're absolutely fucking hilarious. 

3 hours ago, Ke1t said:

The militias are generally a bunch of twats who want to play soldiers without running the risk of being shot at themselves. 

They may have semi-automatic, military grade weapons at their disposal, but the National Guard has fully automatic, military grade weapons at their disposal, along with tanks, helicopters, armoured vehicles, and training. And the State governors retain control of the National Guard. 

A gang of 400lb wheezy-Bubbas isn't going to pose any real threat to even part-time military.  They're just going to get their blubbery hides turned into Swiss cheese as they wobble slowly towards cover under the weight of their expensive, oversized tactical gear and their own rippling whale meat. 

These daft cunts think they're some kind of intimidating threat, just waiting to pounce like a sleek, ravenous tiger, but when you see them in the flesh they're absolutely fucking hilarious. 

Id enjoy watching those hick mutants get obliterated. 

5 hours ago, Ke1t said:

I’m pretty sure you didn’t see Panorama Last night Kelt but you described those fat Boy Scouts perfectly.

Now the NFAC,  those bruthas look fucking handy.

2 hours ago, Ohjimmyjimmy said:

I’m pretty sure you didn’t see Panorama Last night Kelt but you described those fat Boy Scouts perfectly.

Now the NFAC,  those bruthas look fucking handy.

I didn't see it, but if it portrayed them as conspiracy theorists who think the federal government is coming to sterilise their children and steal their land then Panorama nailed it. 

The militias and flash in the pan groups like The Boogaloo Boys and The Proud Boys are noisy and obnoxious, and people make the mistake of thinking that them being loud means there's a lot of them. There isn't. Even the famous Michigan Militia membership counts in the hundreds, but the way people talk you'd think there were thousand of them. They'll probably pick up a few more members now Trump's gone, but not enough to be significant, I don't think. 

You discount the members of those groups who aren't complete mentalists, who aren't stupid or crazy enough to go against the US military, and you probably have a solid dozen members left per group who'll do something stupid for 'the cause'. 

You might, at a stretch, get some temporary attempt at an organised domestic terrorism thing like the IRA, but that wouldn't last any time at all before a hundred federal agencies were blasting them to pieces just for laughs. 

Also, if anyone tries to tell you they're not racist rednecks check out when the number of militias skyrocketed.

It was 2008.  What else happened in 2008? 

NFAC seem quite cross, and understandably so. 

43flxv.png

8 hours ago, Ke1t said:

I'm pretty sure the casuals would take them, no defence from the windmill. They look too thick to be able to shoot straight with a geezer donned in a yellow Pringle running at him. In reality nothing will happen, they'll go back to shooting pigs, Merica will go back to bombing countries to give them freedom.

1 hour ago, daytripping said:

If push came to shove I'd stand with the right any day against some green hair antifa wanker, despise them. They have no idea why they're even protesting. Love the environment but god forbid anyone stops them visiting daddy's place in Barbados for half term. 

You could do that, but in my experience they're not interesting people. 

Entertaining to watch, sure... but it's like Blackpool... fun for a wee while, but the constant noise and insanity would do you in.

On 11/17/2020 at 11:01 AM, thedandydon said:

What have you done to find out if the claims of fraud are unfounded or not? Too easy to assume,because its Trump, its all bullshit but youd have to assume his ego wouldnt want to be seen to be wrong if he didnt have something in his locker?.

But youre right,the US has become too divided.I'd be as wary of Biden and co though(their use of identity politics as big a part of US divisions) as folks are of Trump et al.There are thousands of complaints,many with sworn affidavits(ie if those making the accusations are found to be dishonest,they can face jail).

EG,lots of doubts about the Dominion software used in the election,which matches the complaints about counting being stopped at midnight in some states with Trump ahead(first time thats happened I believe?),and returning with Biden ahead after counting restarted,which matches the analysis below(from 16 mins).Pursuing a fair election matters more than the threat of violence. If it can be explained to the public how/why it might have happened,there can be no complaints

The 6000 votes thing was debunked, as have most of the claims been, very soon after the claim was made. 

Doesn't stop Republicans repeating them as though they were part of some vast, secret conspiracy. 

THE QUESTION

Did a “major software issue” cause the statewide election results to be affected in Michigan? 

THE ANSWER

No. An erroneous report occurred in one county due to human error.
A county clerk did not update the software that counts the physical results and which posts unofficial results online. 

When the unofficial election results online didn’t match the physical count, election officials stopped using the software in the county and manually updated the site. 

According to the Michigan Department of State, “the software did not cause a misallocation of votes; it was a result of user human error.”

56 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

The 6000 votes thing was debunked, as have most of the claims been, very soon after the claim was made. 

Doesn't stop Republicans repeating them as though they were part of some vast, secret conspiracy. 

THE QUESTION

Did a “major software issue” cause the statewide election results to be affected in Michigan? 

THE ANSWER

No. An erroneous report occurred in one county due to human error.
A county clerk did not update the software that counts the physical results and which posts unofficial results online. 

When the unofficial election results online didn’t match the physical count, election officials stopped using the software in the county and manually updated the site. 

According to the Michigan Department of State, “the software did not cause a misallocation of votes; it was a result of user human error.”

Don't come on here posting your logical, well explained and sensible answers to obviously flawed questions from a group of individuals who would do anything to stay in power.

On this site we like to deal in conspiracy theories, half baked truths while repeating stories we heard from blokes we kinda know in Dundee pubs.

Take that kind of level headed chat elsewhere please ?

4 hours ago, Laichomoray said:

What have you done to find out if the claims of fraud are unfounded or not? Too easy to assume,because its Trump, its all bullshit but youd have to assume his ego wouldnt want to be seen to be wrong if he didnt have something in his locker?.

But youre right,the US has become too divided.I'd be as wary of Biden and co though(their use of identity politics as big a part of US divisions) as folks are of Trump et al.There are thousands of complaints,many with sworn affidavits(ie if those making the accusations are found to be dishonest,they can face jail).

EG,lots of doubts about the Dominion software used in the election,which matches the complaints about counting being stopped at midnight in some states with Trump ahead(first time thats happened I believe?),and returning with Biden ahead after counting restarted,which matches the analysis below(from 16 mins).Pursuing a fair election matters more than the threat of violence. If it can be explained to the public how/why it might have happened,there can be no complaints

What should i be doing? trawling the net for sound bites that suit the narrative I want to believe? Its an issue for the US people and its democratic processes to sort out and so far there's been only very minor infractions as far as i can see. Small numbers of ballots in Georgia and other States that have been misplaced due to human error.

Most of the Republican legal challenges have been dismissed because they're unfounded. Its possible they could uncover something, but it would need to be something pretty seismic to change the outcome of the result.

Trump is all about Ego, his whole persona is centered around macho-ism and being in control. The last few months on his campaign were all about priming his supporters to believe that any result that went against him couldn't possible be fair and legal. They're all out there now spouting off about electoral fraud and dishonest counting without any solid evidence, just blithely following Trumps every word and taking it as gospel.

I'm not surprised Trump can't and won't accept the loss, more that so many Republicans nod along willingly with whatever nonsense he comes out with.

Never cite Newsmax as a source, would be my advice. 

Anyway, Trump's lead legal counsel and notorious madman, Rudy Giuliani, has filed a motion in PA that basically says, "Look, just award us the state, eh? All you have to do is throw out 7 million votes and we'll say no more"

He isn't even bothering to gather stuff like evidence or proof any more, he's just walking into court and saying, "Gonnae geez us the election, pal? Gonnae?" 

Trump lawyers had been creating a plan of action through the courts since the middle of the year, when it became apparent there was a very real chance he could lose the election... THEN Trump goes and appoints a guy who hasn't lawyered for about 30 years, who's in serious cognitive decline, and who has all the credibility and gravitas of a... a...  fucking wank.

Trumps sane lawyers are bailing on Trump, those remaining are getting into screaming matches with each other and Giuliani as it all goes tits up. 

source.gif 

Here's Rudy today. 

Following on from his "Oops, I booked a parking lot behind a landscaping company across from a dildo store instead of the Four Seasons Hotel' mishap, today he... well, fuck knows what he did, but his message was kind of lost what with all the hair dye leaking down his face. 

Well worth the 20 grand a day he's charging. 

14 hours ago, Ke1t said:

Here's Rudy today. 

Following on from his "Oops, I booked a parking lot behind a landscaping company across from a dildo store instead of the Four Seasons Hotel' mishap, today he... well, fuck knows what he did, but his message was kind of lost what with all the hair dye leaking down his face. 

Well worth the 20 grand a day he's charging. 

Sacha Baron Cohen doesn't look so clever now, it looks like any fucking idiot could make a fool out of this confused old man.