US Presidential Election 2020

Bebo

US Presidential Election 2020  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the 2020 Presidential Election?

• Trump
    • Biden

This poll is closed to new votes

The State of Texas has lodged papers directly with the US Supreme Court in order to sue the States of Michigan, Pennsylvania, George and Wisconsin.

The basis of the case is the claim that these states violated the Constitution in various ways, chiefly for using means other than the State Legislature to change election rules.  There is also a claim that rules were not uniform throughout all of the counties in each State.  And these bloopers have allegedly caused voting irregularities.

Texas seeks to over-turn the election result in these States.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

On 12/9/2020 at 12:05 AM, Clydeside_Sheep said:

The State of Texas has lodged papers directly with the US Supreme Court in order to sue the States of Michigan, Pennsylvania, George and Wisconsin.

The basis of the case is the claim that these states violated the Constitution in various ways, chiefly for using means other than the State Legislature to change election rules.  There is also a claim that rules were not uniform throughout all of the counties in each State.  And these bloopers have allegedly caused voting irregularities.

Texas seeks to over-turn the election result in these States.

Obviously there is 0% chance of success with these suits, all posturing and playing to trump’s hick base to aid in a 2024 presidential bid, Georgia run off or senate mid term.

But, imagine if it had been much closer from an EC point of view with say only one state deciding it. it would be like civil war mk2. 

They think it's all over. 

It will be by the end of the day. The Electoral College ratify Biden's win, and Trump is sure to go into a complete fucking meltdown, because all the lawsuits in the world won't overturn the states' verifications. 

You can follow it here, if numbers going up on a website are your thing, or if you just want to see Trump lose all over again. 

?

Trump currently leading (STOP THE COUNT! STOP THE COUNT!). Are we in for an upset?

stc.jpg

Stephen Miller, Trump's undead senior adviser, has already said that an alternate set of electors are going to confirm Trump as president today. 

• 3 weeks later...

I can't stand Donald Trump as a person, but I find it incredible that Biden somehow got more votes than Obama, who had a far greater residual popularity and almost universal media acclaim. Unless this was the most coordinated protest vote in history, to ensure Trump is ousted, it's not out with the realm of possibility that there was foul play.

That said, what I'm most disturbed about is the fact so many see Biden's victory heralding a new dawn of some kind, when in fact history shows the Democrats are every bit as bigoted and bloodthirsty as their supposed bitter rivals. From the KKK to the Clintons, they are rife with some of the most vile warhawks in modern history.

It will be same shit, different puppet and the real powers behind America and the current world order will only be further empowered by this misplaced and misguided optimism.

12 minutes ago, BrianFaePerth said:

What disturbs me is the way the media cut away from Trump speeches or say “discredited opinions” when they offer no proof the opinion is discredited.

Not saying Trump is da man or anything like that, he’s a prick, but the censorship of a President is quite something.

If he did have proof of wrongdoing, it will never be heard

Morning champ..hope alls good?.

Nae feeding em ??boy jizz ????

5 hours ago, BrianFaePerth said:

Not saying Trump is da man or anything like that, he’s a prick, but the censorship of a President is quite something.

Probably wouldn't happen if he hadn't spent 5 years telling lies all the time. 

5 hours ago, BrianFaePerth said:

If he did have proof of wrongdoing, it will never be heard

That's clearly utter nonsense. If he had proof he could hold a news conference and he'd have every news company on the planet filming him and broadcasting him live. 

It's quite the leap to say the most powerful man on the planet, who's got the platform to speak to the media whenever he wants, is being silenced. 

Reminds me of this piece: 

3 minutes ago, Millertime said:

In someone's opinion he told lies

No. He's told many, many lies. Both in his initial presidential run and during his presidency. He's a habitual liar. 

The news shouldn't get to decide that

Facts decide what's a lie and what isn't. 

For what it's worth, I think he has something up his sleeve re the election  too

I doubt it very much. Else he wouldn't be on phone calls threatening officials in Georgia. 

Who decides what a "fact " is?

The evidence. Something that is proven to be true is a fact. 

Some people (and scientists) swear its a fact that lockdowns don't work?

Lol. 

My point is, its not for the news to decide 

Thats dangerous territory 

It's exactly for the news to tell us when someone is telling lies. 

3 minutes ago, BrianFaePerth said:

Genuine Parky.  Eh agree the news should decide if something is true or not, but who decides if the news is being truthful?  They're all owned by some megolamaniac with an agenda.

Of course. News channels should be tightly regulated to ensure what the report is accurate and balanced. Despite many of the issues with the ones in the UK, they're light years ahead of the situation in the USA, where "news entertainment" seems to be the norm. Where reports don't need to be accurate or balanced and half of it is about just cheering on their side. 

28 minutes ago, Millertime said:

I think you are being deliberately obtuse

I dont agree with most of what you say, but I know it comes from somebody who isn't thick 

So, to say "its for the news to tell us whats a fact or not" means either 1) you are trolling or 2) i am wrong, but wrong about thinking you're not thick 

The news should report whats happening and leave it up to us to interpret it

Unless you live in North Korea 

If someone (whether it be the President of the USA or not) is lying, I expect the news to make in clear they are lying. Or have someone on who makes it clear that what they're saying is false. Allowing lies to go unchallenged isn't journalism. 

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Of course. News channels should be tightly regulated to ensure what the report is accurate and balanced. Despite many of the issues with the ones in the UK, they're light years ahead of the situation in the USA, where "news entertainment" seems to be the norm. Where reports don't need to be accurate or balanced and half of it is about just cheering on their side. 

In America, television news is about getting the viewership to drive the advertising revenues.  Therefore the key is telling them what they want to hear, much like newspapers here.  

American news is more out there because it reflects society and the political environment in the US.  The UK is "light years ahead" as our society and political environment is comparatively dull.

5 minutes ago, NEM said:

It came across that you were although I give you more credit to think that's what you actually meant.

The media and journalists are there to challenge what has been said by folk like Trump and when he lies, point out that he's presented no evidence to substantiate his claim. 

Just now, Parklife said:

The media and journalists are there to challenge what has been said by folk like Trump and when he lies, point out that he's presented no evidence to substantiate his claim. 

That'd be fair enough if they applied the same rules to both sides.  Not covering up the Hunter Biden story for example