US Presidential Election 2020

Bebo

US Presidential Election 2020  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the 2020 Presidential Election?

• Trump
    • Biden

This poll is closed to new votes

8 hours ago, Poodler said:

Haha, just seen all this. Looks like a good carry on. 

Obviously Kelt is understandably invested but does it really affect anyone here anymore than if it was Belarus? 

I guess it should erode the country's belief that they are at the forefront of democracy and should police the world in that regard.  

Should being the key point.  

Then you see Biden's sign off last night:

God bless America. God protect our troops and all those folks at the Capitol. We're trying to preserve order. Thank you, and I'm sorry to have kept you waiting.

Usual pish promoting the ideology that service to the "greatest" country (and "God") is the be all and end all.

22 minutes ago, Foster14 said:

I guess it should erode the country's belief that they are at the forefront of democracy and should police the world in that regard.  

Should being the key point.  

Then you see Biden's sign off last night:

Usual pish promoting the ideology that service to the "greatest" country (and "God") is the be all and end all.

I noticed during the campaign he'd end all his speeches with "and God bless our troops". I assume his team had polled/researched it and it played well with those he wanted to vote for him. It's toe-curlingly cringeworthy to me though. 

26 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I noticed during the campaign he'd end all his speeches with "and God bless our troops". I assume his team had polled/researched it and it played well with those he wanted to vote for him. It's toe-curlingly cringeworthy to me though. 

You watched all his speeches? Fucking hell Parky son. 

8 hours ago, Ke1t said:

Trump has moved extremist ideas into the mainstream, and now centrists are considered (by the Right) to be radical leftists. Trump is a lodestone for the kind of political ideologies that have been firmly under rocks since the war. I've read that Right Wing groups in Germany, France, and Poland to name a few see Trump as a sign that their ideologies are gaining popularity. It would take a lot more effort than I'm ready to put forth to go round the various nations and groups that look to Trumpism as the way forward. 

As far as Capitalism is concerned I'm not a fan, and it's surely in its endgame. You have the fabulously wealthy 1% owning as much as 99% with a widening gap. It needs to be deconstructed. We're already in an age of mass poverty in the West, with occasional patronage building a community centre, kind of like Imperial Rome transitioning into feudalism. 

Works both ways As you say Kelt.  There’s a famous documentary about how Paulson and Bernanke “cured” the 08 financial crisis.  One of the conclusions was that it was the dumb American home owners entirely to blame and the aforementioned duo had no option but to ride to their rescue.  The second conclusion was that being forced to bail out the apparently entirely innocent Wall Street banks would give rise to extremist views and that it was the dumb American homeowner who would suffer as a result.  Ergo, why don’t we just go back to the way it was and everything would be fine.  Apparently.

seriously, there’s a job for those film makers covering Scottish Football...

9 hours ago, Millertime said:

They haven't rioted at all and aren't armed

Was also far too easy to get in

I smell a rat (no fanny jokes)

What constitutes a riot? Scaling walls and breaking windows? Which they've done.

4 people are now dead. 

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jan/06/capitol-mob-police-trump-george-floyd-protests-photos- Here's an analysis on the comparative handling by law enforcement of BLM and these fascists. 

Some of  them are wearing Nazi hoodies, dressing up in pagan attire that alludes to white supremacy etc etc. Some of them are armed, why try downplay what is clearly a violent attempt to start a civil war?

A guy has literally waltzed in and taken Pelosi's mail. Went outside with it, and posed for a photo. Committing multiple federal crimes at the same time, and posing for photos. Not being teargassed, shot at or killed. 

Does anyone care to guess the colour of this mans skin?

4 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

What constitutes a riot? Scaling walls and breaking windows? Which they've done.

4 people are now dead. 

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jan/06/capitol-mob-police-trump-george-floyd-protests-photos- Here's an analysis on the comparative handling by law enforcement of BLM and these fascists. 

Some of  them are wearing Nazi hoodies, dressing up in pagan attire that alludes to white supremacy etc etc. Some of them are armed, why try downplay what is clearly a violent attempt to start a civil war?

Exactly, peaceful BLM protests they deployed the national guard.

Riots and attempting to overthrow congress - they send in the Bicycle Police. ?

8 minutes ago, minijc said:

17 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

A guy has literally waltzed in and taken Pelosi's mail. Went outside with it, and posed for a photo. Committing multiple federal crimes at the same time, and posing for photos. Not being teargassed, shot at or killed. 

Does anyone care to guess the colour of this mans skin?

No.42 Privileged beige?

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

I assume his team had polled/researched it and it played well with those he wanted to vote for him. It's toe-curlingly cringeworthy to me though. 

“Well Mr Biden, we’ve got a great little phrase for you to use, and we think it’ll play well with the key voters all over America. There’s just one problem.”

”what’s the problem son?”

”Parklife from Falkirk, Scotchland thinks it’s pretty cringey.”

”back to the goddamn drawing board!”

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 3
1 minute ago, Henry said:

“Well Mr Biden, we’ve got a great little phrase for you to use, and we think it’ll play well with the key voters all over America. There’s just one problem.”

”what’s the problem son?”

”Parklife from Falkirk, Scotchland thinks it’s pretty cringey.”

”back to the goddamn drawing board!”

Not your best attempt, H. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
13 hours ago, NEM said:

Be a change in tactic if they do given antifa and BLM have had a free pass for months 

33 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

4 people are now dead. 

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jan/06/capitol-mob-police-trump-george-floyd-protests-photos- Here's an analysis on the comparative handling by law enforcement 

Well that doesn’t quite tally with what renowned American politics expert @NEM said, so I’m not sure what to believe 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1