US Presidential Election 2020

Bebo

US Presidential Election 2020  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the 2020 Presidential Election?

• Trump
    • Biden

This poll is closed to new votes

7 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Well I'm happy that you've learned a new word, but be very careful how you deploy it.

To explain, because I'm in teaching mode today, using a tactic... let's say just for an example. Militancy' that Fascists HAVE been known to employ, okay?

Use of that tactic doesn't make you a Fascist. To clarify, Communists used Militancy as a tool... they weren't Fascists. The peasant uprisings of the Middle Ages used militant tactics... they weren't fascists.

Buddhist groups have used militant tactics against the Chinese... not Fascists.

I know you thought you'd seen a piece of flotsam to desperately grab onto when you saw this new word 'militant', but in your excitement to deploy it in your defence you didnt take even a second to consider if it would hold the weight of your argument.

As demonstrated. It does not.

You continue to use 'Walter', but seem too embarrassed to clarify why. 

I also understand why that would be the case.

fas·cism

(făsh′ĭz′əm)

n.1. often Fascism

a. A system of government marked by centralization of authority under a dictator, a capitalist economy subject to stringent governmental controls, violent suppression of the opposition, and typically a policy of belligerent nationalism and racism.

b. A political philosophy or movement based on or advocating such a system of government.

2. Oppressive, dictatorial control.

Maybe rather than being fascist I should have said they exhibit fascist behaviours.  My bad.

Lets just leave it at that.

Wal′ter Mit′ty

(ˈwɔl tər)

n., pl. Walter Mit•tys.

an ordinary, timid person who is given to adventurous and self-aggrandizing daydreams.  Such as fighting bears and the likes.

3 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

My guess was that he was referring to Walter Cronkite but he's now clarified that it was indeed, as usual, an insult.

You will learn that he posts just to take a contrary view and to be "annoying".

He had a rare show of humility yesterday when he said he wasn't doing it deliberately (with the obligatory laffing face) but he had admitted a day or two before that he was posting deliberately to "be annoying".

BD35697-A-5-F8-F-4-AC9-A875-58-BCB60-DD1

10 minutes ago, NEM said:

fas·cism

(făsh′ĭz′əm)

n.1. often Fascism

a. A system of government marked by centralization of authority under a dictator, a capitalist economy subject to stringent governmental controls, violent suppression of the opposition, and typically a policy of belligerent nationalism and racism.

b. A political philosophy or movement based on or advocating such a system of government.

2. Oppressive, dictatorial control.

Maybe rather than being fascist I should have said they exhibit fascist behaviours.  My bad.

Lets just leave it at that.

Wal′ter Mit′ty

(ˈwɔl tər)

n., pl. Walter Mit•tys.

an ordinary, timid person who is given to adventurous and self-aggrandizing daydreams.  Such as fighting bears and the likes.

Ah, so it was childish namecalling. 

Well at least you finally found at least a tiny bit of courage, so this exchange hasn't been a total loss. 

5 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I think that one was a spoof. Although it's often hard to tell. 

I no longer care. 

As you say, it's hard to tell. 

After four years of observing the Red Hat Clowncar it's clear that there's no line between parody and reality. There's as much chance that it's real as it is a joke. 

Where WAS Obama during 911?

People need to know. 

9 hours ago, manboobs109 said:

You get democratic fascist countries?

No. What I'm saying is that just because a country may be undemocratic, doesn't make it fascist.