US Presidential Election 2020

Bebo

US Presidential Election 2020  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the 2020 Presidential Election?

• Trump
    • Biden

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest milne_afc
2 minutes ago, Crashnyploshnit said:

Sad day yesterday for Alberta as Biden nixed a major pipeline being built to take Alberta crude to the Texas refineries. Today TC Energy who were building the pipeline announced 1,000 people were being laid off. GTF Biden.

:laughing:

:swear:

8 minutes ago, Crashnyploshnit said:

Sad day yesterday for Alberta as Biden nixed a major pipeline being built to take Alberta crude to the Texas refineries. Today TC Energy who were building the pipeline announced 1,000 people were being laid off. GTF Biden.

Teach them how to install solar panels and they'll have skills that are future-proofed. 

5 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

Mental that so many folk think a change of president will herald a brand new dawn in America.  Nothing will change,  folk already struggling will continue to struggle and the big corporations and financiers will continue to take the cunt. It's all smoke and mirrors. 

You're right to a certain extent, but this turn around it wasn't which of the candidates was slightly worse than the other. Trump has been so bad a president that there was only one sane choice, regardless of whether you thought Biden was good or bad. 

Trump was a disaster for everything but the stock market and billionaires. 

• Dildo 1
7 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

You're right to a certain extent, but this turn around it wasn't which of the candidates was slightly worse than the other. Trump has been so bad a president that there was only one sane choice, regardless of whether you thought Biden was good or bad. 

Trump was a disaster for everything but the stock market and billionaires. 

What do you think will change,  in a practical,  tangible sense?  It's all rhetoric for the cameras imo. Showbiz. 

6 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

What do you think will change,  in a practical,  tangible sense?  It's all rhetoric for the cameras imo. Showbiz. 

The first, and most immediate thing will be addressing Covid. It turns out Trump never had a plan, as discovered when Biden's team asked 'what have you got for us to work with' and the response was a shrug. Biden's going to implement the Emergency Production Act (or whatever it's called) to accelerate production of the vaccine. As for the reserve of vaccine we were told we had... doesn't exist, another lie. Trump couldn't have done less to address the pandemic, and that's step one in getting people back to work and kids back to school. Trump never gave a fuck, so nothing has been done in a year to fix this. 

• Dildo 1
54 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

The first, and most immediate thing will be addressing Covid. It turns out Trump never had a plan, as discovered when Biden's team asked 'what have you got for us to work with' and the response was a shrug. Biden's going to implement the Emergency Production Act (or whatever it's called) to accelerate production of the vaccine. As for the reserve of vaccine we were told we had... doesn't exist, another lie. Trump couldn't have done less to address the pandemic, and that's step one in getting people back to work and kids back to school. Trump never gave a fuck, so nothing has been done in a year to fix this. 

Beyond Covid?  What were Bidens election pledges? 

25 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

Beyond Covid?  What were Bidens election pledges? 

The RW media were pretty vocal about Biden not having any platform other than 'I'm not Trump', now while that would be good enough reason to elect someone, they were of course talking absolute bollocks as usual. 

You can read his platform here if you're genuinely interested. 

It covers everything from Civil Rights to infrastructure to foreign policy. 

8 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

The RW media were pretty vocal about Biden not having any platform other than 'I'm not Trump', now while that would be good enough reason to elect someone, they were of course talking absolute bollocks as usual. 

You can read his platform here if you're genuinely interested. 

It covers everything from Civil Rights to infrastructure to foreign policy. 

'Ending poverty'. 'Eliminating racial and gender inequalities'. 'Curbing Wall Street abuses'?  That's just meaningless waffle.  Obama had 8 years and didn't make a dent in any of those things. It's all bullshit. 

12 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

'Ending poverty'. 'Eliminating racial and gender inequalities'. 'Curbing Wall Street abuses'?  That's just meaningless waffle.  Obama had 8 years and didn't make a dent in any of those things. It's all bullshit. 

Well, you asked if they had a platform and I supplied it, beyond that it's not my job to convince anyone one way or the other. Certainly your prerogative to dismiss it as bullshit. 

I know there will be a number of rollbacks of egregious Trump-era policies that will benefit the environment and regular people, though. 

As for Obama, he put in place a framework to give every American affordable healthcare, and Trump/McConnell did their level best to destroy it. 

17 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

Obama dropped more bombs than trumpoid, didn't he? 

1 minute ago, Poodler said:

Obama dropped more bombs than trumpoid, didn't he? 

No. 

Obama was dropping about 1000 bombs on Afghanistan in 2016, Trump dropped around 1500, 7200, and 7500 in 2017, 18, and 19 respectively. Don't know about 2020. 

Trump also abandoned our only allies (the Kurds) while doing so. 

4 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

That's just Afghanistan though.  How many did Obama drop on Syria and Libya? 

Fuck knows, you'd have to google it. 

I know Trump increased bombs dropped on Afghanistan by a factor of seven, and killed 300% more civilians. 

Syria was where Trump abandoned the Kurds to the Russians, Syrians, and Turks, though. So I don't know how many people he got killed there... quite a lot I should think. 

5 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

So you've got the figures at hand when it suits your argument ,  but when it doesn't I have  to google it? 

That's exactly right, yes. 

If you want to support your argument go ahead and research it... I'm not doing it for you. 

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, maryhilldon said:

Only in the first 2 years 09-11 when he was tackling the financial crisis in America did he have a democratic congress and house.

The President can only do so much when the bodies that pass legislation will do to anything to stop you putting your plan in place.