US Presidential Election 2020

Bebo

US Presidential Election 2020  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the 2020 Presidential Election?

• Trump
    • Biden

This poll is closed to new votes

On 1/21/2021 at 11:26 PM, Ke1t said:

The first, and most immediate thing will be addressing Covid. It turns out Trump never had a plan, as discovered when Biden's team asked 'what have you got for us to work with' and the response was a shrug. Biden's going to implement the Emergency Production Act (or whatever it's called) to accelerate production of the vaccine. As for the reserve of vaccine we were told we had... doesn't exist, another lie. Trump couldn't have done less to address the pandemic, and that's step one in getting people back to work and kids back to school. Trump never gave a fuck, so nothing has been done in a year to fix this. 

Seems sleepy Joe doesn’t really have a plan either. “Nothing we can do to halt the trajectory”

Oh and Dr Fauci calls bullshit on the bit in bold 

https://mobile.twitter.com/mj_lee/status/1352365976482942983

30 minutes ago, NEM said:

Seems sleepy Joe doesn’t really have a plan either. “Nothing we can do to halt the trajectory”

Oh and Dr Fauci calls bullshit on the bit in bold 

https://mobile.twitter.com/mj_lee/status/1352365976482942983

I think he's talking in the short term. Those who are already infected and spreading the virus are already infected and spreading the virus, so until (unless) mask mandates et al are adopted wholesale it'll continue to spread. 

That doesn't mean he has no plan, I don't think. As I said previously, the Emergency Production Act should have been implemented a soon as a viable vaccine was available, hopefully now we can play catch up. That's part of the plan, from what I can gather. 

Whatever he does it'll be more than nothing, which is more or less what he has to build on from the previous administration. 

19 hours ago, Ke1t said:

I think he's talking in the short term. Those who are already infected and spreading the virus are already infected and spreading the virus, so until (unless) mask mandates et al are adopted wholesale it'll continue to spread. 

That doesn't mean he has no plan, I don't think. As I said previously, the Emergency Production Act should have been implemented a soon as a viable vaccine was available, hopefully now we can play catch up. That's part of the plan, from what I can gather. 

Whatever he does it'll be more than nothing, which is more or less what he has to build on from the previous administration. 

Short term? Several months according to China Joe 

https://twitter.com/dcexaminer/status/1352719164432121858?s=20

4 minutes ago, NEM said:

Short term? Several months according to China Joe 

https://twitter.com/dcexaminer/status/1352719164432121858?s=20

I would consider a few months to be short term in a virus that has spread unchecked for over a year and can be expected to continue to spread for the better part of another year, even with the adoption of Federally mandated measures. 

You can't reign in a virus in a few days or weeks, particularly when we're at the stage of unchecked spread that we are. 

4 hours ago, The beard of mcinnes said:

Bernie Sanders good cunt.

Bernie Sanders is selling inauguration meme sweatshirts for charity (msn.com)

Compare and contrast with who profited from maga merch (hint for the hard of thinking it wasn't a charity)

I like Bernie, but he's too 'radical' for Americans, particularly older Americans, who were raised on decades of propaganda who equate social programs with gulags. 

Try organising a kitty on a night out and the cunts think you're Stalin. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

I would consider a few months to be short term in a virus that has spread unchecked for over a year and can be expected to continue to spread for the better part of another year, even with the adoption of Federally mandated measures. 

You can't reign in a virus in a few days or weeks, particularly when we're at the stage of unchecked spread that we are. 

I wouldn’t class several months as short term for a virus with an incubation period of 2 - 14 days 

I see Bidens also overturned Trumps policy on drug prices. Sair een for diabetics and the likes - hope they’ve got deep pockets.

Ching ching for big pharma though. 

Just now, NEM said:

I wouldn’t class several months as short term for a virus with an incubation period of 2 - 14 days 

I see Bidens also overturned Trumps policy on drug prices. Sair een for diabetics and the likes - hope they’ve got deep pockets.

So you believe a virus that currently infects tens of millions, many of whom don't believe it's a real thing and refuse to adopt safety measures (including government officials) can be turned around in a few weeks?

I admire your optimism if not your grip on reality. 

Trump's policies on drug prices haven't done anything to lower prices, and pretty much everyone knew this was typical Trump showmanship, knowing full well the courts would delay, block, and ultimately throw out any attempts to reign in charges. 

It's easy to sign a bill if you know it's going to effect no change. 

1 minute ago, Ke1t said:

So you believe a virus that currently infects tens of millions, many of whom don't believe it's a real thing and refuse to adopt safety measures (including government officials) can be turned around in a few weeks?

I admire your optimism if not your grip on reality. 

Trump's policies on drug prices haven't done anything to lower prices, and pretty much everyone knew this was typical Trump showmanship, knowing full well the courts would delay, block, and ultimately throw out any attempts to reign in charges. 

It's easy to sign a bill if you know it's going to effect no change. 

Ha ha come on now - if Trump came out and said there’s nothing we can do about Covid for several months he’d have been absolutely slaughtered.

Why would the courts delay, block and throw out a bill to lower drug prices? 

The bit in bold - that’s bloody rich coming from you ?

7 minutes ago, Bad_Mobby said:

^ like Corbz

Idiots won’t vote for good human beings 

Idiots are easily convinced to vote against their best interests. 

In four years of Trump I think I only saw two things that made me happy... 

One, the economic pain inflicted on Trump voters. I'm no better or worse off*, but blue collar workers... the kind who fly Trump flags...  have suffered massively, and that pleases me. 

Two, Mellisa Carone. 

* Perversely, voting for Biden guarantees I pay more in taxes, and ensures those morons pay no more than they currently do. But they'll be the ones bleating about Biden for the next four years. 

1 minute ago, NEM said:

Ha ha come on now - if Trump came out and said there’s nothing we can do about Covid for several months he’d have been absolutely slaughtered.

Why would the courts delay, block and throw out a bill to lower drug prices? 

The bit in bold - that’s bloody rich coming from you ?

You didn't answer the question. 

How long do you think it should take to turn around a widespread virus, already present in tens of millions of Americans, many of whom (including local government) refuse to believe it's real or to take any precautions?

And Trump was slaughtered because he lied, not because he told hard truths. 

He lied about Coronavirus from day one, he's on tape saying he deliberately minimised the threat, and he lied about it until he was kicked out of office. 

3 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

You didn't answer the question. 

How long do you think it should take to turn around a widespread virus, already present in tens of millions of Americans, many of whom (including local government) refuse to believe it's real or to take any precautions?

And Trump was slaughtered because he lied, not because he told hard truths. 

He lied about Coronavirus from day one, he's on tape saying he deliberately minimised the threat, and he lied about it until he was kicked out of office. 

Two weeks.

Tens of millions of Americans currently have Covid?

Of course China Joe never lies.  Apart from the whopper about having a plan to deal with Covid ?

1 minute ago, NEM said:

Two weeks.

Tens of millions of Americans currently have Covid?

Of course China Joe never lies.  Apart from the whopper about having a plan to deal with Covid ?

There's no mass vaccine program, because the previous administration refused millions of doses offered by Pfizer and refused to activate emergency production protocols. You have up to 30% of the population convinced it's not a real virus and so are refusing to take precautions, and you also have local governments refusing to participate in safety protocols. 

But you believe two weeks is sufficient to reign this virus in. 

I would strongly urge you to contact the US government with whatever plan you have to meet that deadline, because I guarantee you they'll pay you BIG bucks to get things under control in that sort of a timeframe. 

Just now, Ke1t said:

There's no mass vaccine program, because the previous administration refused millions of doses offered by Pfizer and refused to activate emergency production protocols. You have up to 30% of the population convinced it's not a real virus and so are refusing to take precautions, and you also have local governments refusing to participate in safety protocols. 

But you believe two weeks is sufficient to reign this virus in. 

I would strongly urge you to contact the US government with whatever plan you have to meet that deadline, because I guarantee you they'll pay you BIG bucks to get things under control in that sort of a timeframe. 

You never answered my question ?

I never claimed to have a plan, your mixing me up with sleepy Joe 

Just now, NEM said:

You never answered my question ?

I never claimed to have a plan, your mixing me up with sleepy Joe 

Why would courts block and delay lower drug prices?

The courts have been packed with hundreds of Republican judges. Republicans are Laissez-Faire Capitalists, and interpret the law accordingly. This is demonstrated in things like Citizens United and the policy that corporations have the same rights as people. You can't prevent a person's right to make money, so you can't prevent a corporation's right to make money. Sign all the bills you want saying that corporations have no right to charge X for their drugs and see how sympathetic a court is to that bill. 

So, you have no idea how you would deal with the virus but you are supremely confident that two weeks is sufficient to control it. 

I see. 

31 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Idiots are easily convinced to vote against their best interests. 

In four years of Trump I think I only saw two things that made me happy... 

One, the economic pain inflicted on Trump voters. I'm no better or worse off*, but blue collar workers... the kind who fly Trump flags...  have suffered massively, and that pleases me. 

Two, Mellisa Carone. 

* Perversely, voting for Biden guarantees I pay more in taxes, and ensures those morons pay no more than they currently do. But they'll be the ones bleating about Biden for the next four years. 

Do you earn more than $400k keltoid?

I thought that was the threshold for paying more tax under Biden’s new administration. 

as an aside remember this informed voter?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/uk-news/question-time-salary-row-thursday-17299148.amp

16 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Why would courts block and delay lower drug prices?

The courts have been packed with hundreds of Republican judges. Republicans are Laissez-Faire Capitalists, and interpret the law accordingly. This is demonstrated in things like Citizens United and the policy that corporations have the same rights as people. You can't prevent a person's right to make money, so you can't prevent a corporation's right to make money. Sign all the bills you want saying that corporations have no right to charge X for their drugs and see how sympathetic a court is to that bill. 

So, you have no idea how you would deal with the virus but you are supremely confident that two weeks is sufficient to control it. 

I see. 

?

IF that’s the case how is it Trumps fault and why would Biden feel the need to overturn it if the courts were going to block it anyway?

A virus with a maximum of 2 weeks incubation period shouldn’t take several months to get under control if the plan Biden claimed he had was competent 

2 minutes ago, elephantstone78 said:

Do you earn more than $400k keltoid?

I thought that was the threshold for paying more tax under Biden’s new administration. 

as an aside remember this informed voter?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/uk-news/question-time-salary-row-thursday-17299148.amp

I'm sure there are various criteria that will activate higher tax bracket other than the 400k, but I've been assured by my accountant lad that I meet certain stated criteria that means I'll be paying more under Biden. 

I've never heard of that fella, but it seems he went there armed with more in the way of anger than facts. 

6 minutes ago, NEM said:

?

1. IF that’s the case how is it Trumps fault and why would Biden feel the need to overturn it if the courts were going to block it anyway?

2. A virus with a maximum of 2 weeks incubation period shouldn’t take several months to get under control if the plan Biden claimed he had was competent 

1. How is it Trump's fault? Because Trump is the one who packed the courts with Republicans. 

2. Again, you're telling us that 2 weeks is sufficient to control a virus but no telling us how.