US Presidential Election 2020

Bebo

US Presidential Election 2020  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the 2020 Presidential Election?

• Trump
    • Biden

This poll is closed to new votes

45 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

I know very little about American politics but my impression is that they suffer from the same issues as the left/Labour in the UK. Instead of trying to understand why people don't vote for them they have a tendency to just proclaim everyone who didn't as racist and/or stupid which virtually guarantees they'll vote the same way next time. 

Yeah. That's what I was alluding to by saying the Democrats need to understand why they've lost (if indeed they have). 

42 minutes ago, minijc said:

If they wanted proper change they'd have gone with Bernie :(

As with 4 years ago, the Democrats are to blame for their shocking candidate selection. 

2 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Yeah. That's what I was alluding to by saying the Democrats need to understand why they've lost (if indeed they have). 

As with 4 years ago, the Democrats are to blame for their shocking candidate selection. 

Like Keir S, they need someone to toe the line and be safe for the investors. The status quo must be maintained to continue exploitation. 

what a start to the day!

Trump has clearly won but there has been a prolonged effort by the MSM and democrats not to "call" states (giving them time to "find" 1000s of extra postal votes etc).  This is what is dragging it out.

Edit - they did that with Texas and Ohio and I think they *still* haven't called Florida, despite it being a comfortable Trump victory.

In contrast they jumped the gun with Arizona, with over 1 million votes still to be counted.

• Downvote 1
1 hour ago, manboobs109 said:

I know very little about American politics but my impression is that they suffer from the same issues as the left/Labour in the UK. Instead of trying to understand why people don't vote for them they have a tendency to just proclaim everyone who didn't as racist and/or stupid which virtually guarantees they'll vote the same way next time. 

Yes, that is absolutely correct.

There is also the minor point that the democrats are completely amoral, very corrupt and the scum of the earth generally. 

Because Trump got to nominate a few Justices to the supreme court, they are already talking about expanding the Court to make it their tool again: its like something out of a 3rd world dictatorship.

3 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

You're full of certainties this morning. I like a man who knows his shit, a man who has the balls to say it how it is ??

Did you hear about Pizzagate? ?

Didn't know much about that beyond it being supposedly debunked.

Later photos of Bill Clinton being massaged by some of Jeffrey Epstein's young girls may cast doubt on that.

6 minutes ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

Trump is over 360,000 votes ahead in Florida and Biden cant mathematically get near that.  (Remember the "tight race" the MSM were chirping about: yet its been clear for days Trump was walking it in Florida).

So why wont they call it?

How has "it been clear for days"? You're just making things up. 

Theres still 25% of votes to count in Pennsylvania and Trumps declaring victory 

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Parklife said:

How has "it been clear for days"? You're just making things up. 

Theres still 25% of votes to count in Pennsylvania and Trumps declaring victory 

Im not making this up, ive been watching it for days via:

https://joeisdone.github.io/

and its author:

https://twitter.com/DataRepublican

US politics is interesting in terms of how they can use data as reliable predictions (stuff like number of postal votes etc)

As for Pennsylvania, Trump is running ahead of his 2016 performance is some counties there (Eg Trumbull) which is ominous for Biden.

Trump has also won North Carolina, yet they are holding off calling that state too.

2 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

If the Dems are "amoral" and "corrupt", what is Trump

He certainly isnt amoral and I dont believe corrupt either.

Most people's (in Uk anyway) view of Trump is exactly what the MSM have spoon fed them.

My view, in constrast, is based on his record in office:

- took unemployment to a 50 year low

- most americans (inc low income) saying they were better off after the first 4 years of Trump

- achieved best ever economic growth figures

- first President in decades not to take the US into a new war

- diplomatic success in getting muslims states (UAE and Sudan) to recognise Israel.  Talk of the Saudis following suit.  Nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize, as a result. (compare to Obama, who got the Peace Prize for "being black" and who bombed I think 8 countries during his time in office).

- first President to address the annual "march for life", which usually gets media blackout to hide its size

- 3 decent Supreme Court picks, with Amy Coney Barret being the jewel: real sand in the eyes of those who idolised racist misanthrope Ginsburg.

That's a fucking brilliant record for ordinary Americans.

In contrast, Its tends to be only the rich who benefit from the Democrats, why do you think most Hollywood Celebrities are strongly democrat?

• Downvote 2
1 minute ago, rocket_scientist said:

All the women were lying?

His own words were just "locker room talk"?

He hasn't paid taxes?

There are no conflicts of interest arising in his dealings as POTUS?

Mary Trump's books are lies?

Those are all questions, not facts.  Do you have any facts?

I will answer the first 3:

- yes (just like they were with brett kavanagh.  The dems can conjure up female liars easily, any of their female elected representatives would do for a start).

- yes (come on, who hasn't ever said something in jest, which could look bad if taken out of context?  Especially given his words were as a guest on a controversial "shock jock" radio channel)

- I believe he has paid whatever taxes he is legally obliged to

I dont know anything about a mary trump or her book.

21 minutes ago, BrianFaePerth said:

Of course Biden didn’t do that at all either

Sorry, what relevance does that have to the discussion? 

Im not backing anyone claiming to have won. I'm saying we need to let the process play out. 

11 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

All the women were lying?

His own words were just "locker room talk"?

He hasn't paid taxes?

There are no conflicts of interest arising in his dealings as POTUS?

Mary Trump's books are lies?

CS is the biggest hypocrite going. He continually exhibits all sorts of cognitive dissonance. He tried to be both pious, while also backing some abhorrent people and positions. 

• Upvote 1
Just now, Parklife said:

Sorry, what relevance does that have to the discussion? 

Im not backing anyone claiming to have won. I'm saying we need to let the process play out. 

CS is the biggest hypocrite going. He continually exhibits all sorts of cognitive dissonance. He tried to be both pious, while also backing some abhorrent people and positions. 

Biden said it was too early to claim victory and then a couple of sentences later did so

19 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Biden 2/5 8 hours ago. Was 2/1 half an hour ago. Shortened to 13/8 now. Lovely to watch bookies squirm. Presidential elections good source to profit from their cluelessness. It's all hedging and laying for them anyway but when nobody knows, their arrogance in offering 2/1 in a two horse race can be exploited.

11/8 now. Nae cunt kens fits gaan on. Apart fae the kafflicks, who also know where we go when we are deid, apparently. 

Your standard bookies was going off Betfair exchange prices, where over 400million has been staked.

1 minute ago, rocket_scientist said:

I know how it works min and it's not quite as simple as that. It's a book. They have backed and laid according to their exposures and they will continue to balance their book. 

For sure but they won't be doing their bollocks, the real cash in on betfair.