Sign in to follow this  
rocket_scientist

Rocket's Hat > Bookie thread

Sickened by watching shit unfold, I'm looking for a good team to beat the bookie and to thrash the weekly acca muppets.

Week one is today, a 2/1 double, 5 points on it Watford 4/6, Cove -1 @ 4/6 too, courtesy of Dynamo and Studes.

We have a maximum of six in our team but I'll not be using all picks every week. It's important to keep on picking though as we see who's in form.

Further rules to follow. Volunteers will only be accepted by PM and I may invite posters with good fitba knowledge.

10 points up or 5 down after today 🤞🏻

sack that, my double was 2/1 (4/5 x 4/6).

this one is 1.78 to 1

Edited by rocket_scientist
Maths
  • Downvote 1

18 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Sickened by watching shit unfold, I'm looking for a good team to beat the bookie and to thrash the weekly acca muppets.

Week one is today, a 2/1 double, 5 points on it Watford 4/6, Cove -1 @ 4/6 too, courtesy of Dynamo and Studes.

We have a maximum of six in our team but I'll not be using all picks every week. It's important to keep on picking though as we see who's in form.

Further rules to follow. Volunteers will only be accepted by PM and I may invite posters with good fitba knowledge.

10 points up or 5 down after today 🤞🏻

sack that, my double was 2/1 (4/5 x 4/6).

this one is 1.78 to 1

You've just stolen two  picks from the hat acca.

• Downvote 1

Just now, Sooper-hanz said:

You've just stolen two  picks from the hat acca.

No, they've been personally selected because they are good picks. I'm putting actual money on this and distributing the profits at the end of the season. If we are in deficit, I'm taking the loss. With good management, I'm hoping to prove that the bookie can be beaten. I'm sure those two will pick again when/if I ask them. 

• Downvote 1

There's no intelligence in 30 or 40/1 shots. 28/1 thanks to you. If you'd gone sensible I'd would've been closer to 20/1 but it's still fish in a barrel shooting i.e. zero precision. 

• Downvote 1

In my evaluation they are very good VALUE picks. The key to beating the bookie is not having the arrogance to think we know what will happen. It's about VALUE. Bookies make mistakes. Finding them is the art. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

10 points invested this week - Watford 4/6 and Cove HT FT - pays 2/1  

£10 opening salvo. We do this in cash and can compare results v. the six folds at season end. 

Edited by rocket_scientist

I get your point Rozzers. As you can tell it's not a subject Im strong on. I stick on the odd fiver or whatever and its just a bit of fun. If I was sticking on higher sums then I'd do a bit of research and try to understand it more. BUT...,

:dance:  Blue canary in the outlet by the light switch
Who watches over you?   :dance:

• Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

In my evaluation they are very good VALUE picks. The key to beating the bookie is not having the arrogance to think we know what will happen. It's about VALUE. Bookies make mistakes. Finding them is the art. 

Eibar away to Huesca at 5/2 (starts at 1pm), and Schalke @ 9/4 away to Mainz, who have lost all of their league games so far. Hopefully they'll both give you value min.

Edited by Matt Armstrong's Dog

Thanks MA'sD. Not the type of profile of bet I'm looking for - will explain all in days ahead - but I'll include those picks in our spreadsheet and monitor them. Only investing £10 today and if Cove win by 1 today (hopefully up at HT) then studes won't be invited back. 

Anyway all the best with a thread where you have to be invited by PM to take part*. In the extremely unlikely event I am PM'd I will tell you to fuck off, so don't bother. I hope others do the same with your self indulgent bollocks. 

*apart from this week where you stole from the hat acca despite labelling participants as muppets. 

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Thanks MA'sD. Not the type of profile of bet I'm looking for - will explain all in days ahead - but I'll include those picks in our spreadsheet and monitor them. Only investing £10 today and if Cove win by 1 today (hopefully up at HT) then studes won't be invited back. 

Nae probs, RS. Best of luck with your bets this afternoon👍

I might choose to do this all myself. You're right, a clueless prick like you would never have got the call so fuck off out of my thread you weegie mutant nothing. 

4 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Great U2 track

• Downvote 1

33 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

There's no intelligence in 30 or 40/1 shots. 28/1 thanks to you. If you'd gone sensible I'd would've been closer to 20/1 but it's still fish in a barrel shooting i.e. zero precision. 

Still sticking with the reverse fish in a barrel analogy I see.

3 minutes ago, G31DON said:

Still sticking with the reverse fish in a barrel analogy I see.

Christened by Dites in the fite hoose 5 or 6 years ago, it's a TREMENDOUS analogy. You didn't have the interest to evolve the conversation, resorting to smart arseism and failed to allow a great piece of bookies knowledge to come into the domain. 

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

This thread is shaping up to be a hardcore version of the DWT thread. 

I don't know about that thread but this one will succeed where the acca can't do anything other than fail. 

Just now, rocket_scientist said:

I don't know about that thread but this one will succeed where the acca can't do anything other than fail. 

Well it won't be hard. 

Anyone following the DWT thread will have had to remortgage their house by now. 

5 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Christened by Dites in the fite hoose 5 or 6 years ago, it's a TREMENDOUS analogy. You didn't have the interest to evolve the conversation, resorting to smart arseism and failed to allow a great piece of bookies knowledge to come into the domain. 

Pardon?

Just now, G31DON said:

Screenshot-20201107-131938-Chrome.jpg

Struggling to see the difficulty here. 

You didn't ask. You assumed. We never say shooting fish in a barrel. I've never posted that once. 

39 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

I might choose to do this all myself.  

You should.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, rocket_scientist said:

26 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

You didn't ask. You assumed. We never say shooting fish in a barrel. I've never posted that once. 

You've lost the plot, you just said it a few post ago.  Forget to take your medication this morning?