Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
rocket_scientist

Rocket's Hat > Bookie thread

Recommended Posts

Sickened by watching shit unfold, I'm looking for a good team to beat the bookie and to thrash the weekly acca muppets.

Week one is today, a 2/1 double, 5 points on it Watford 4/6, Cove -1 @ 4/6 too, courtesy of Dynamo and Studes.

We have a maximum of six in our team but I'll not be using all picks every week. It's important to keep on picking though as we see who's in form.

Further rules to follow. Volunteers will only be accepted by PM and I may invite posters with good fitba knowledge.

10 points up or 5 down after today 🤞🏻

 

sack that, my double was 2/1 (4/5 x 4/6).

this one is 1.78 to 1

Edited by rocket_scientist
Maths
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Sickened by watching shit unfold, I'm looking for a good team to beat the bookie and to thrash the weekly acca muppets.

Week one is today, a 2/1 double, 5 points on it Watford 4/6, Cove -1 @ 4/6 too, courtesy of Dynamo and Studes.

We have a maximum of six in our team but I'll not be using all picks every week. It's important to keep on picking though as we see who's in form.

Further rules to follow. Volunteers will only be accepted by PM and I may invite posters with good fitba knowledge.

10 points up or 5 down after today 🤞🏻

 

sack that, my double was 2/1 (4/5 x 4/6).

this one is 1.78 to 1

You've just stolen two  picks from the hat acca.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Sooper-hanz said:

You've just stolen two  picks from the hat acca.

No, they've been personally selected because they are good picks. I'm putting actual money on this and distributing the profits at the end of the season. If we are in deficit, I'm taking the loss. With good management, I'm hoping to prove that the bookie can be beaten. I'm sure those two will pick again when/if I ask them. 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

There's no intelligence in 30 or 40/1 shots. 28/1 thanks to you. If you'd gone sensible I'd would've been closer to 20/1 but it's still fish in a barrel shooting i.e. zero precision. 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

In my evaluation they are very good VALUE picks. The key to beating the bookie is not having the arrogance to think we know what will happen. It's about VALUE. Bookies make mistakes. Finding them is the art. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

10 points invested this week - Watford 4/6 and Cove HT FT - pays 2/1  

£10 opening salvo. We do this in cash and can compare results v. the six folds at season end. 

Edited by rocket_scientist

Share this post


Link to post

I get your point Rozzers. As you can tell it's not a subject Im strong on. I stick on the odd fiver or whatever and its just a bit of fun. If I was sticking on higher sums then I'd do a bit of research and try to understand it more. BUT...,

:dance:  Blue canary in the outlet by the light switch
Who watches over you?   :dance:

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

In my evaluation they are very good VALUE picks. The key to beating the bookie is not having the arrogance to think we know what will happen. It's about VALUE. Bookies make mistakes. Finding them is the art. 

Eibar away to Huesca at 5/2 (starts at 1pm), and Schalke @ 9/4 away to Mainz, who have lost all of their league games so far. Hopefully they'll both give you value min.

Edited by Matt Armstrong's Dog

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks MA'sD. Not the type of profile of bet I'm looking for - will explain all in days ahead - but I'll include those picks in our spreadsheet and monitor them. Only investing £10 today and if Cove win by 1 today (hopefully up at HT) then studes won't be invited back. 

Share this post


Link to post

Anyway all the best with a thread where you have to be invited by PM to take part*. In the extremely unlikely event I am PM'd I will tell you to fuck off, so don't bother. I hope others do the same with your self indulgent bollocks. 

 

*apart from this week where you stole from the hat acca despite labelling participants as muppets. 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Thanks MA'sD. Not the type of profile of bet I'm looking for - will explain all in days ahead - but I'll include those picks in our spreadsheet and monitor them. Only investing £10 today and if Cove win by 1 today (hopefully up at HT) then studes won't be invited back. 

Nae probs, RS. Best of luck with your bets this afternoon👍

Share this post


Link to post

I might choose to do this all myself. You're right, a clueless prick like you would never have got the call so fuck off out of my thread you weegie mutant nothing. 

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Thanks MA'sD. Not the type of profile of bet I'm looking for - will explain all in days ahead - but I'll include those picks in our spreadsheet and monitor them. Only investing £10 today and if Cove win by 1 today (hopefully up at HT) then studes won't be invited back. 

Great U2 track

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

There's no intelligence in 30 or 40/1 shots. 28/1 thanks to you. If you'd gone sensible I'd would've been closer to 20/1 but it's still fish in a barrel shooting i.e. zero precision. 

Still sticking with the reverse fish in a barrel analogy I see.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, G31DON said:

Still sticking with the reverse fish in a barrel analogy I see.

Christened by Dites in the fite hoose 5 or 6 years ago, it's a TREMENDOUS analogy. You didn't have the interest to evolve the conversation, resorting to smart arseism and failed to allow a great piece of bookies knowledge to come into the domain. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

This thread is shaping up to be a hardcore version of the DWT thread. 

I don't know about that thread but this one will succeed where the acca can't do anything other than fail. 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, rocket_scientist said:

I don't know about that thread but this one will succeed where the acca can't do anything other than fail. 

Well it won't be hard. 

 

Anyone following the DWT thread will have had to remortgage their house by now. 

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Christened by Dites in the fite hoose 5 or 6 years ago, it's a TREMENDOUS analogy. You didn't have the interest to evolve the conversation, resorting to smart arseism and failed to allow a great piece of bookies knowledge to come into the domain. 

Pardon?

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, G31DON said:

Screenshot-20201107-131938-Chrome.jpg

 

Struggling to see the difficulty here. 

You didn't ask. You assumed. We never say shooting fish in a barrel. I've never posted that once. 

Share this post


Link to post
39 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

I might choose to do this all myself.  

You should.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, rocket_scientist said:

There's no intelligence in 30 or 40/1 shots. 28/1 thanks to you. If you'd gone sensible I'd would've been closer to 20/1 but it's still fish in a barrel shooting i.e. zero precision. 

 

26 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

You didn't ask. You assumed. We never say shooting fish in a barrel. I've never posted that once. 

 

You've lost the plot, you just said it a few post ago.  Forget to take your medication this morning?

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...