Most famous and/or most niche music act youve seen, and where?

Clydeside_Sheep

16 hours ago, Foster14 said:

Famous - Quite difficult to define most famous.  Ed Sheeran in Dublin might win it on a most listened to basis.  RHCP in Glasgow.  Foo Fighters a couple of times.  RATM at  T in the Park.  

Niche - Rammstein and Apocalyptica in Manchester.  Guess that is niche in that it is Germany language metal band supported by a Finnish symphonic metal band made up of 3 cellists and a drummer.  Either that or Mindless Self Indulgence at what I think was Moshulu at the time.  Music probably adopted by incels nowadays, if they are in anyway relevant.  

Rammstein are immense live. Saw them supported by Hatebreed and Alice in Chains, what an evening.

2 hours ago, 4n4LprObE666 said:

Flaming Lips and Mercury Rev at the Music Hall, circa 98/99? Not sure. The fire alarm went off half way through the Lips' set and everyone was evacuated, luckily Wayne Coyne came out the back with crates of Guinness and handed out cans FOC to all, which was jolly decent of him.

I saw Simple Minds about 2003 in the Aberdeen Music Hall and the same thing happened with the fire alarm.Think they blamed it on the smoke machine or some shite. Standing outside in the freezing cold ( December ) for about half an hour.

Totally ruined the momentum of the gig. 

Must be a few on here were at the charlatans gig at the music hall, 2004, local loons done good, driveblind supporting. Winter vomiting virus done the rounds (airborne) and hunners of folk got a nasty puke/skitters bug, myself included. Could still smoke in there, that didnt help. Think both bands got it aswell. Front page news in the local rag. 

http://www.nhsgrampian.org/grampianfoi/files/finalreport.pdf

1 hour ago, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

Most famous - Metallica or Pearl Jam.

Niche - Mark Lanegan & Isabel Campbell at Glasgow ABC... 

or Aqua in a tiny little upstairs bar in Roskilde. Denmark.  Yes. The Barbie Girl cunts.  It was as dire as it sounds.

Had Hawk on a few days ago, great album 

That shambles gig at the music hall was a hoot. Think a flying pint blew one of the amplifiers on the first song, IIRC. 

22 hours ago, Simply Red said:

Must be a few on here were at the charlatans gig at the music hall, 2004, local loons done good, driveblind supporting. Winter vomiting virus done the rounds (airborne) and hunners of folk got a nasty puke/skitters bug, myself included. Could still smoke in there, that didnt help. Think both bands got it aswell. Front page news in the local rag. 

http://www.nhsgrampian.org/grampianfoi/files/finalreport.pdf

I was at that gig.

I was puke and skitter free thankfully. 

9 hours ago, Sooper-hanz said:

I saw a band called Glass Onion as a support act at the Arches before they became Travis.  They're shite then as well but very different to Travis. 

Saw them in 2000 I think at Manchester Apollo and they were good.

Another of those bands that have some decent tracks and decent albums but wouldn’t make any best band/album/song lists.

Plan b supported by example at king tuts. Still up coz some scottish lad was fighting in the ufc. Beat shogun rua as well, even though rua is getting on a bit, a gatekeeper so to speak. I've just ended up watching the other fights.

Jim cant swim has a class youtube documentary on the ex ufc fighter war machine, who went to prison for decades after beating up his ex to within an inch of her life. Vile human.