Most famous and/or most niche music act youve seen, and where?

Clydeside_Sheep

Never really seen any global superstars

Most famous in UK and Scottish terms probably Paul Weller (a few times) and The Proclaimers.

Best Weller gig for me was Crathes Castle, 2003-ish

Proclaimers was at AECC the night Scotland got beat by Italy to miss out on qualification for Euros or World Cup. Put a damper on the evening but probably didn’t matter because it was an absolutely shit venue.

Niche......The Redskins at Ritzys mid 1980’s. Brilliant. Crowd swelled considerably by the likes of nurses just coming in as part of a night out having never heard of the band or any clue about what they stood for.

Biggest - Bowie or Rolling Stones. 

niche - maybe Lindisfarne or the animals at the Renfrew ferry which was/is quite a good wee venue.
BMX bandits (at hug n pint and classic grand)  are pretty niche too.

Or brix smith from the fall with her band. Didn’t know any songs but she was very entertaining. Think budget blondie. 

would pay handsomely to see anybody just now. 

On 11/18/2020 at 1:17 PM, For Fecks Sake said:

Remember going to see a then relatively unknown Stereophonics in the Works (think that's what it was called back then) on Belmont Street back in the mid 90's.  Nae exactly niche but just something that I remember having stood next to Kelly Jones at the bar and thinking by fuck he's a small lad!

Possibly Glow 303.

I was there too.

The were supporting the fantastic Subcircus.
Single out at that time was Feels like Chaplin?

They may have played that venue twice. Canna mind.

I did really like them, but sort of lost their appeal when they went mainstream and the boy started acting like a cock.

https://www.societyaberdeen.co.uk/music-theatre/music/stereophonics-still-remember-aberdeen-debut/