Sevco 4 - 0 Aberdeen Reserves

3 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

I haven’t turned that into a pop at him at all. All I said was he was a bonus signing. Basically wasn’t in squad plans & McInnes had at that point finished assembling his squad.

the Hedges edit was done immediately & explained as a simple error when typing but you still insist on bringing it up like it was deliberate. Are you a woman by any chance?

You've decided which players are 'bonus signings' to suit your argument. 

The reality is that Hayes had to defer his wages to come back and the McCrorie situation was brought on by Hibs making a move. At the same time we were obviously looking at selling McKenna and Cosgrove so obviously felt it was an acceptable position to bring the lad in as we would be getting a couple of million in for one of them. 

It's called budgeting.  Not 'bonus signings'. 

5 minutes ago, Tyzo_1903 said:

The strength in depth that's been mentioned so much this season isnt as strong as youd think looking at today.

With the recent comments about loss of income you really wonder about some of the squad players that aren't showing they are good enough.

Ojo has had more bad games than good for us now.

Hernandez can't even get a look in today. 

Surely need to bin these two in January if possible.

I think we have OK cover if two or three are out.  But 9, most of which would have started, is pushing it. And would do for most clubs. 

2 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

No desperation, your childish "Jizz over McInnes" comment shows you know I am right. 

I literally said Mcinnes deserves criticism for plenty, did you choose to ignore that? The same way you chose to pick out specific signings YOU decided were because of Cormack. Its the opposite to your argument. I don't think Mcinnes is perfect , far from it. You don't really hide that you have a problem with him do you ? , it's more like he lives in your head rent free and riles you at all times. It's really weird!

You say you didn't blame McInnes, but you did do your usual few hundred word criticism of McInnes after that sentence. It's blatant.

You picked out Hayes and McCrorie and insinuated Cormack brought them in as a "good dandy" and deserves the credit.

My point is with plenty of legitimate reasons to hate on McInnes today considering the circumstances is odd to me.

Why does McInnes rile you so much at all times? Good form or bad you never alter.  Maybe you should create a new account to back you up again ?

I said didn’t ‘totally’ blame him but I only came in & said he wasn’t exempt from blame because you were straight in to try & excuse him. He had a starting 11 & sub on pitch today that he has deemed as starters many times for us.

We are missing a couple of ‘added bonus’ players that were not in his squad plans as we had finished dealings by that point apparently. So we lost a few other players to COVID Ferguson fair doos, Wright a player he was potentially even thinking of loaning out for first six this season. Watkins, a player brought in to replace an injured Cosgrove. 
I am not saying players missing aren’t a huge loss but let’s not act like this is not more so because of a few pleasant surprise that happened before the luxury of these excuses.

Trying to act like we have fielded a side of complete reserve players akin to that of shitey wee sides like St Mirren, Accies etc. When they miss a few players to COVID etc. is a bit desperate for Aberdeen when you actually look at the players that played today & that they have all been deemed as first teamers/starters on numerous Occasions (not that I’d agree on that) prior today.

that long enough for you?

• Downvote 1
6 minutes ago, thurso said:

I think the most annoying part was the goals we conceded, two of the goals were wicked deflections, not sure about second deflection but Lewis would definatly saved the first one. The pen was very soft I bet if you look at the aberdeen corners you would probably see the same thing happening in te rangers box. 

There was only one team in it. It was a definite penalty and we got off with one in the first half.

there is no defending that performance from a bunch of so called professionals 

4-0 was actually one goal better for us than I thought we would suffer when I saw our starting 11. Sadly against sevco, a 4-0 defeat could still very well happen now even if we have a full squad to choose from (conversely with a full squad we could also sneak a 1-0 win at any time too). It's a bit of a free hit for us. I doubt Hibs will take anything from them either when they go to Ibrokes in a few weeks. 

What worries me is what team we can field midweek against Hamilton. That is a must win match. It's a bit of a stretch to think that there won't be one or 2 of our starting 11 today that won't be carrying knocks. At best I think we could probably count Campbell as being fit to start, Wright who knows?. Amazed if anyone else is fit to start that were missing today though. 

6 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

You've decided which players are 'bonus signings' to suit your argument. 

The reality is that Hayes had to defer his wages to come back and the McCrorie situation was brought on by Hibs making a move. At the same time we were obviously looking at selling McKenna and Cosgrove so obviously felt it was an acceptable position to bring the lad in as we would be getting a couple of million in for one of them. 

It's called budgeting.  Not 'bonus signings'. 

You are just seeing things that didn’t exist & are stuck on it clearly

• Downvote 1
1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I think we have OK cover if two or three are out.  But 9, most of which would have started, is pushing it. And would do for most clubs. 

Ferguson, McCrorie, and Hayes would have started. 

Mcgeouch would have started in the absence of Ferguson and or McCrorie, as would Campbell if he had been fitter.  

One of watkins and Mclennan would have started. The other would have started when the other was injured. 

Perhaps mcginn wouldnt have started. But all the rest conceivably would have. 

2 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Ferguson, McCrorie, and Hayes would have started. 

Mcgeouch would have started in the absence of Ferguson and or McCrorie, as would Campbell if he had been fitter.  

One of watkins and Mclennan would have started. The other would have started when the other was injured. 

Perhaps mcginn wouldnt have started. But all the rest conceivably would have. 

Aye, 5 would likely have started. 

Wright, Watkins, Hayes, Ferguson and McGeouch.

McLennan and McGinn would likely have been used off the bench. Maybe Campbell too. 

McCrorie would have been sitting at home passing covid backwards and forwards with his brother. 

6 minutes ago, Poodler said:

There was only one team in it. It was a definite penalty and we got off with one in the first half.

there is no defending that performance from a bunch of so called professionals 

I wasn’t trying to defend the team but if he gives pens for that I’m sure we would of had a couple to. 

2 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

4-0 was actually one goal better for us than I thought we would suffer when I saw our starting 11. Sadly against sevco, a 4-0 defeat could still very well happen now even if we have a full squad to choose from (conversely with a full squad we could also sneak a 1-0 win at any time too). It's a bit of a free hit for us. I doubt Hibs will take anything from them either when they go to Ibrokes in a few weeks. 

What worries me is what team we can field midweek against Hamilton. That is a must win match. It's a bit of a stretch to think that there won't be one or 2 of our starting 11 today that won't be carrying knocks. At best I think we could probably count Campbell as being fit to start, Wright who knows?. Amazed if anyone else is fit to start that were missing today though. 

Yeah today was a free hit against a full strength hun team with so many players missing we all knew we'd get nothing from it. It's the next two games that are really important as we are expected to win both even with a depleted side. But no doubt both Hamilton and St Mirren will fancy their chances at home against us with the amount of players we have missing. But we should still be able to field a good enough side to take at least 4 points from those two games.

Today was shit but unfortunately entirely predictable.

Logan's finished

Ojo is too slow and thinks he's a better player than he is.

Leigh is a full back.

Edmondson I have yet to see a player in him,no chance he gets another contract frOm Leeds.

Kennedy playing in the wrong position but his decision making is shocking.

Cosgrove had little support but needs to do better.

4 minutes ago, Shinniesta said:

Yeah today was a free hit against a full strength hun team with so many players missing we all knew we'd get nothing from it. It's the next two games that are really important as we are expected to win both even with a depleted side. But no doubt both Hamilton and St Mirren will fancy their chances at home against us with the amount of players we have missing. But we should still be able to field a good enough side to take at least 4 points from those two games.

Today was shit but unfortunately entirely predictable.

Usually I'm inconsolable after a defeat to the Huns.. but as you say, I have this one written off.  They've spent many millions more than us, they had no injuries and are absolutely flying... and we had heaps of key players missing.  I was more annoyed about the games against Celtic.  Especially the Semi - they were absolutely there for the taking.

1 minute ago, Dynamo said:

We've got big problems in defence against any half decent team. Focus for improving the team needs to be at centre half and up front. Cosgroveyou'd have to imagine will be away at some point, which I don't necessarily think is a bad thing.

Major surgery required unfortunately.  After Hoban and Considine, I'd happily say to goodbye to the rest...

6 minutes ago, starryfish said:

How was Tierney allowed to play for Arsenal when he was meant to be isolating for 14 days? Should investigate this to see if Ferguson and MacLennan can return sooner 

How many days did he isolate in the end?

i think we just shave fergusons head put a hoody on underneath his shirt and stick number 9 on the back.

Guest milne_afc
1 hour ago, Zeus said:

Kennedy is also having a poor game imo 

This will finish 4-0

He’s never had a good one, woeful hun cunt. He and the witch doctor should be shown the door.

16 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

Usually I'm inconsolable after a defeat to the Huns.. but as you say, I have this one written off.  They've spent many millions more than us, they had no injuries and are absolutely flying... and we had heaps of key players missing.  I was more annoyed about the games against Celtic.  Especially the Semi - they were absolutely there for the taking.

Major surgery required unfortunately.  After Hoban and Considine, I'd happily say to goodbye to the rest...

Considine more often than not shown up in these type of games too. I like him, but no time for sentiment, we need to be looking to replace him long term. 

• Upvote 1