Sevco 4 - 0 Aberdeen Reserves

We have shown that we can match RIFC and their great uncles with our strongest personnel available and arguably have our best starting 11 when all available for many a season.

RIFC are a no frills, workmanlike outfit who experience very little injuries or suspensions, coupled with the fact that two of their fringe players tested positive for the virus.

They had to rely on a combination of unbelievably fortunate deflections and shambolic defending (Considine and Leigh) to get the job done yesterday. Don't be surprised we beat them the next time at Pittodrie with our best starting 11 available.

Hedges, Kennedy and Lewis are exempt from any criticism for yesterday's performance and result. 

11 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

The team selection was what it was and there was little else he could’ve done.

Disagree. 

Playing a right footed winger at LWB and a left footed winger at RWB, made us so so narrow. The middle of the park was totally overran due to this and it was the one area we needed to protect. 

Playing two target men types up top as well failed miserably. The defending was brutal, regardless of who the opposition are. The slow motion replay of Arfields deflected goal is embarrassing. Keystone cops kind of shit, just pure desperation. The back line was so flat, so so so very poor. 

Yeah, we had 7/8 first team starters out, but fuck me, how on earth can you show such little aggression, how can there be such basic defensive mistakes? 

We were always on a hiding to nothing, so why he's not attempted to play any of the young lads, I don't know. It was a brutal team selection, even with limited availability. 

Also, can we stop this 'soft penalty' narrative. Considine has a hold of him for a ridiculous amount of time, it was absolutely 100% a pen. 

Should also be mentioned the ref missed one in the first half when Ojo cleaned someone out. That was a stonewaller. 

It wasn't hard luck anything, that team was never going to compete, mainly because they didn't appear to believe they could. 

1 minute ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Also, can we stop this 'soft penalty' narrative. Considine has a hold of him for a ridiculous amount of time, it was absolutely 100% a pen. 

Should also be mentioned the ref missed one in the first half when Ojo cleaned someone out. That was a stonewaller. 

It wasn't hard luck anything, that team was never going to compete, mainly because they didn't appear to believe they could. 

+1. Surely no one could defend that penalty, it was compete amateur from the fan favourite.

It was surprising to hear the managers head to head records (rangers won 5 out of 12) as its so easy to expect a hiding with McHuns tactics 

13 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

A farmers loon from near Keig, 

Donside, and nae a toonser.

Two plus points

Yeah only just found this out, that’s he’s from Keig. Left footer, although played on the right.

Brings up another point though; Mark Gallagher, Calvin Ramsey,  the black lad, Ryan Duncan, all on the bench yesterday,  ahead of older teenagers, who have been passed over it seems. Another generation lost?

1 hour ago, Poodler said:

+1. Surely no one could defend that penalty, it was compete amateur from the fan favourite.

It was surprising to hear the managers head to head records (rangers won 5 out of 12) as its so easy to expect a hiding with McHuns tactics 

In fairness to Consi, he's been good this season. He's 33 and played a lot of games, and he looked really tired yesterday, he was absolutely brutal. Worst he's played in a long long time. 

McInnes will get a free hit because of the injuries, COVID shit etc. Realistically, a managers job is to send out a side that can compete in every game. Yesterday was lukewarm, watered down shite. 

10 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

Yeah only just found this out, that’s he’s from Keig. Left footer, although played on the right.

Brings up another point though; Mark Gallagher, Calvin Ramsey,  the black lad, Ryan Duncan, all on the bench yesterday,  ahead of older teenagers, who have been passed over it seems. Another generation lost?

Gallagher is the oldest of the non first team players and then most of the guys in between are out on loan so you are quickly on to 16 yr olds.

25 man squad seems too big many weeks but weve had 7 out for a number of games in a row and now 2-3 games with 9 out.

1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

Gallagher is the oldest of the non first team players and then most of the guys in between are out on loan so you are quickly on to 16 yr olds.

25 man squad seems too big many weeks but weve had 7 out for a number of games in a row and now 2-3 games with 9 out.

I assume Gallagher is the Geordie lad we signed from Ross County in Jan; Mark? 

That was depressing viewing yesterday, albeit all very predictable. Admittedly, injuries and Covid conspired against us but DMs negative rhetoric beforehand, essentially signposted that performance before it happened, which I’m sure to some will make it more justifiable in the wash up. The hun are decent, but they’re not 1970 Brazil, irrespective of what the media would have us believe. No idea why we didn’t press them further up the pitch in the first 20 mins. We’ve done that well all season, reasonably successfully. Said it before but Logan is done and Hernandez must be truly honking if Logan starts before him. Ojo, shouldn’t play under any circumstance. He just jogs around following the ball Like a headless chicken and When he does have it be ball, has a habit of slowing the game down when it needs sped up and vice versa....hopefully a Strong reaction on Wednesday....

The financially doped huns did have the best of it against our depleted team, but the score flattered them.

2 deflections and a penalty gives a false impression of the game.

I have been disgusted with the glowing coverage of Kent's fluke - a big deflection in off the post. 

Seen their latest accounts?  A disgrace what they are getting away with, scottish football must be the most corrupt going.  

If we owed millions in tax - so that we could field a team we could not otherwise afford - we would also be having a fine season.

8 hours ago, Bad_Mobby said:

Good player - I must have put a few past you too

You might have played  when I waltzed into Premnays changing room and started one heck of of a melee after a game - whacked some lanky cunt over the heid with the my boot (stud side) then it was like a bar fight scene fae The Fall Guy 

halcyon days 

Haha FFS. 

11 hours ago, donswin1983 said:

That was depressing viewing yesterday, albeit all very predictable. Admittedly, injuries and Covid conspired against us but DMs negative rhetoric beforehand, essentially signposted that performance before it happened, which I’m sure to some will make it more justifiable in the wash up. The hun are decent, but they’re not 1970 Brazil, irrespective of what the media would have us believe. No idea why we didn’t press them further up the pitch in the first 20 mins. We’ve done that well all season, reasonably successfully. Said it before but Logan is done and Hernandez must be truly honking if Logan starts before him. Ojo, shouldn’t play under any circumstance. He just jogs around following the ball Like a headless chicken and When he does have it be ball, has a habit of slowing the game down when it needs sped up and vice versa....hopefully a Strong reaction on Wednesday....

Perhaps we didn't press them higher because we played two strikers not noted for their speed and mobility...….Cosgrove especially has the turning circle of an oil tanker.

• Upvote 1
15 hours ago, Bad_Mobby said:

Good player - I must have put a few past you too

You might have played  when I waltzed into Premnays changing room and started one heck of of a melee after a game - whacked some lanky cunt over the heid with the my boot (stud side) then it was like a bar fight scene fae The Fall Guy 

halcyon days 

Fuck I don't mind that I mind the stramash at Kennethmont one night in a Keig v Kennethmont game and Roy Ewen threw the belt and started a set too,  before the game started

49 minutes ago, Bad_Mobby said:

Roy the ref?!?

Fit was he kicking off for? 

Rhynie/Keig were the big ones 

Aye Roy said to Kennethmont, 

Your a bunch of moaning bastards, moan moan bloody moan sick of you moaning cunts, 

Had half the side on notice afore kick off. 

Still remember our first game in the league v Kildrummy we lost 25 - 0 

I remember 15-0 at half time, 

Roy was referee, and we said we'll through second half, " come on ref, at least give us a penalty" to which he replied. 

"  fuck me lads,  I cant give a penalty if you don't get into Thier box"