Sevco 4 - 0 Aberdeen Reserves

23 hours ago, Lan_Lad said:

There has to be some realism. They're unbeaten at home and in fact haven't even conceded a league goal at home. They have conceded a total of 3 league goals in 14 league games while scoring 37 to give them a GD of 34.

We have scored 19 goals while conceding 11 in 12 games for a GD of 8.  

They typically have more value sitting on the bench than the entire Aberdeen squad would be valued at. Realistically taking anything from this game will be mightily impressive.

8 hours ago, Lan_Lad said:

Well if you deem my version of reality to be unrealistic it would be interesting for the sake of clarity and conversation to hear your own version. None of the stats I used can be disputed, they're absolute fact.

Its the top bit I dont understand. Why does there have to be some realism? It sounds like you think Aberdeen should accept defeat before the game has started. I don't think I see the benefit in that.

If we were full strength I would be quite confident but I think we might be toothless with our injury list.  We will miss hayes, mccrorie, mcgeoch and watkins. McGinn maybe not so much.

I think we can still get something, but I can see us flailing about, expending lots of effort and getting no where.  I can already hear McInnes sucking air in through his teeth, in the post match interview.

Who have the SFA assigned as ref? One of King William of Orange, John Knox or the Rev Ian Paisley, I presume, as part of their efforts to ramp down the obviously hunnery in refereeing?

1 minute ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

If we were full strength I would be quite confident but I think we might be toothless with our injury list.  We will miss hayes, mccrorie, mcgeoch and watkins.

I think we can still get something, but I can see us flailing about, expending lots of effort and getting no where.  I can already hear McInnes sucking air in through his teeth, in the post match interview.

Who have the SFA assigned as ref? One of King William of Orange, John Knox or the Rev Ian Paisley, I presume, as part of their efforts to ramp down the obviously hunnery in refereeing?

Nick Walsh.... He's actually alright if I recall correctly.

• Upvote 1
12 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Its the top bit I dont understand. Why does there have to be some realism? It sounds like you think Aberdeen should accept defeat before the game has started. I don't think I see the benefit in that.

No one and certainly not me is automatically accepting defeat, the realism comes into it at the end of my post not the beginning. I said "taking anything from this game will be mightily impressive", and that's true.

I know we all like to pretend they're not that good and I'm guilty of partaking in that from time to time as well. But the reality is in Scottish terms they're currently formidable. They went to the home patch of their other half who have been sweeping up all trophies for years and judging from reports comfortably beat them.

They're the highest scoring team in the league with the best defensive record. They're going toe to toe away from home with Euro giants like Benfica and coming away from it with a result. All indicators that they're currently a very high hurdle to clear.

Like all football fans everywhere everyone can hope for the best but in this situation and especially so with a weakened squad realistically expect the worst can also happen. 

The Dons have one Covid positive test from yesterday.

One of the Scotland u21 lads.

Edit. Interestingly I'm remembering that Ross McCrorie already had covid and recovered from it. One for the experts to say if that rules him out or not.

It better not be Ferguson or it's going to be another 8-0 on Sunday

6 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Edit. Interestingly I'm remembering that Ross McCrorie already had covid and recovered from it. One for the experts to say if that rules him out or not.

Hopefully mclennan as missing ferguson/mccrorie for the next 2 weeks would be shite. 

8 minutes ago, The Cockney Don said:

Ross McCrorie's brother Robby confirmed along with one of ours.

Ferguson or McLennan it could well be.

10 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Hopefully mclennan as missing ferguson/mccrorie for the next 2 weeks would be shite. 

McCrorie would only miss the Hamilton away game? 

17 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

We are jinxed when it comes to playing these cunts.

We always seem to have big numbers unavailable when we play them.

If it’s Lewis Ferguson the only midfielder we have available is Ojo & we all know how shite he is.

3-0 the scum 

7 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

McCrorie would only miss the Hamilton away game? 

We are jinxed when it comes to playing these cunts.

We always seem to have big numbers unavailable when we play them.

If it’s Lewis Ferguson the only midfielder we have available is Ojo & we all know how shite he is.

3-0 the scum 

a midfield of hoban and ojo awaits

5 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Did we not play at the Bastard garden last year or the year before with a similarly shite midfield of Vyner & Leigh ... & lose 5-0? 

Vyner and Leigh played a couple of games together but I can't remember which games now. I recall them doing OK the first game but then being massively exposed in midfield thereafter 

23 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Did we not play at the Bastard garden last year or the year before with a similarly shite midfield of Vyner & Leigh ... & lose 5-0? 

14 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Vyner and Leigh played a couple of games together but I can't remember which games now. I recall them doing OK the first game but then being massively exposed in midfield thereafter 

They was both in defence for the 0-5.

Midfield was Campbell - Ferguson - McLennan                                                                                                             

https://www.flashscore.com/match/pOfz2Avq/#lineups;1