Lockdown Skills

Ke1t

Just now, Clydeside_Sheep said:

I think that a blended education is best - I agree that university alone is not the best.

You learn things from practical experience that a classroom format could never replicate.  But you do need some traditional classroom learning.

I look back at my 4 year BEng (Hons) course and I can see that only a minority of the classes have any practical application to my career and the rest of it was just filler material.  You could have made it a 2 year course, quite easily - less, even.

Basically how the ECITB/Opito apprenticeships work. You walk away with an HNC, SVQ level 3 and multiple discipline specific courses/skills training before you do your work placement offshore and complete the apprenticeship. 

Few years on the tools and you're ready to move into the engineering role onshore and become chartered. 

17 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Who fucking cares? Shut the fuck up. A religious fool and a BoD waste of space hurting the heads of any poor cunt who stumbled in and had to read it, skim read it even. Boring bastards. 

LOL - you fat baldy prick. Are you aware of the definition of irony?

Tell big V i say hi

31 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Can't help it. I was brought up to hate them. I'm obsessed. They got brought up to hate each other and weren't strong enough nor independent of mind to realise that bigotry doesn't pay. I am too weak to see past the lessons taught by my ancestors too. All weegies and English and darkies are bad. 

@thepigs

2 hours ago, rocket_scientist said:

Can't help it. I was brought up to hate them. I'm obsessed. They got brought up to hate each other and weren't strong enough nor independent of mind to realise that bigotry doesn't pay. I am too weak to see past the lessons taught by my ancestors too. All weegies and English and darkies are bad. 

Hey RS, apparently the NE's hatred of weegies goes all the way back to the national service days or something like that.

Sure I heard that from a lonely auld man in the "big hoose'" (as us locals call it) in Stonehaven who, funnily enough, was wearing a pair of clown shoes for some reason.

Either way, that's the story I heard.

4 hours ago, Dad said:

Whats happening with you these days anyhow Poodler son - all good? 

We havenae really talked much since I've arrived back here in Dreamland - but just in case of any sense of betrayal me up and deserting you there; I apologise. 

That goes for all those who care - Mary son; I know you do. Apologies son. 

Hanz probably - sorry son.

Don for defo - much love big guy; pockets lined this weekend in tribute ?

RF - trust you're feeling love from all the right places son; I've a sense maybes this whole pish has hit you harder than most. If not great - but a convo is there to be had nonetheless.

No harm done. I'll put your bet on this weekend, it'll be the highlight.

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, Dad said:

Fear not big guy - I will pick the fuck out of a winner this weekend; a terrific feeling I've got.

DWT27 incoming - thats the age all the mega-legends die. 

For DWT - its the birth of a new beginning... DWTmageddon

More interested in the triple D's old boy.

Need a winner this weekend or I'm considering retiring.

4 hours ago, Dad said:

Whats happening with you these days anyhow Poodler son - all good? 

We havenae really talked much since I've arrived back here in Dreamland - but just in case of any sense of betrayal me up and deserting you there; I apologise. 

That goes for all those who care - Mary son; I know you do. Apologies son. 

Hanz probably - sorry son.

Don for defo - much love big guy; pockets lined this weekend in tribute ?

RF - trust you're feeling love from all the right places son; I've a sense maybes this whole pish has hit you harder than most. If not great - but a convo is there to be had nonetheless.

All good you senile old cunt.

Will be another winning pick from me this weekend and meeting an extremely attractive blonde lady on Sunday for some fornication, maybe even have a few drinks. Bloody terrific.

You're correct about RF I think. He's close to snapping. Have a word in his lug min. Calm the lad down.

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, Dad said:

Cheers for asking da, ach I'm alright just too much time on my hands. A heavy weekend on the drink coming up, and then I'll be back on the straight and narrow with the decorating and DIY. 

1 hour ago, Don Fonte said:

You're correct about RF I think. He's close to snapping. Have a word in his lug min. Calm the lad down.

Just you calm down now, hoo mama. 

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, Ke1t said:

So THAT'S where Bill Gates nicked that quote from.... 

3071d3fe8acc07b80f1d8a1ecc823dcc.jpg

10 hours ago, Ohjimmyjimmy said:

Haha fucks sake, foreign accent syndrome.?

“it would take months living in China to get an accent like this” 

Not exactly Mandarin your talking you daft hoor.

Like comparing Apple and oranges. (Almost. Steve Jobs copied Bill)