Lockdown Skills

Ke1t

3 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Which medium are we using , Kelt?

Starting off with acrylic paints. Seems a fairly straightforward, low mess kind of a paint that produces loud and obnoxious results, unlike them poofy watercolours you see lesser artists fucking around with. 

4 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Occasionally, reading "experts" opinions on what this or that painting "means" can be very interesting but unless they knew the artist or better, the artist him or herself said it, they are just their interpretations, however big the consensus might be.

It is therefore a very personal experience and the feelings arising from the viewing will be personal to us all. Without the skill to invoke "feelings" in the viewer from painting, drawing etc., I doubt the artist will ever become well known (and that's ok too).

Good point. Always thought this applied very much to poetry as well (which is a form of art, I suppose). Had this dullard teacher for english lit in final year of school whose interpretation of text was the final word. Easy to tie in knots.

2 hours ago, rocket_scientist said:

At first I thought I knew what you meant but now I'm not so sure. Guernica provokes and captures horror whereas this has calm for me. The face is brilliant and it's almost like it's just another part of the person, not the main focus point (unlike realism) as it's like it's not just the "person" being represented here, it's his thoughts, the surrounds and other parts of his body. Liking it more and more. 

Jackson Bollox no5..and Gurnica together would probably land up on Only Connect??

12 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

You and I could speculate all day and our 2 + 2 could end up as 7 point 3.

What we need is an expert to help us.

@Sooper-hanz, you're an artist, one with more talent (according to you) than a multimillionaire living UK artist. You correctly identified that I saw a painting in a gallery once when I was on holiday but this didn't put me in the same league as you.

Care to share your expert insights? What do you think of Jackson Pollock or Guernica? Have you seen either? Have you been to Madrid? You missed the mural by Miro at El Prat (and you've never heard of him) so give us your artistic impressions of the image SR put up please.

I've the answer.....but Hanzo will fire/fill in the blanks..?.

Surely nae??

• 2 months later...

Lost the key to the room above the garage, locksmith wanted $200 just to come out, before he did any of his locksmithery on it. 

Fuck wi 'aw 'at shite, I says to the missus... I'll pure buy a lockpicking set and pick thon lock masel' I says. 

She was skeptical, but under two minutes at the lock and BINGO Kelt's only got the fucking door open. 

1-0 to the boys. Another new skill acquired. 

So I'm a pro burglar now. 

• Dildo 1
10 minutes ago, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

The great pleasure in helping another motherfucker fix his shit and have a better day and thus an easier life......

That's why mechanics work for years under greasy cars in freezing cold garages in the same manky overalls - to see the smile on @YorkDons wrinkly face as he purrs away in his sparkly car. 

Terrific. 

Still pass for being in my 30’s and drive an electric car, but apart from that...

3 minutes ago, YorkDon said:

Still pass for being in my 30’s and drive an electric car, but apart from that...

electric cars are for grunters YD min

canna even go to glasgow for the day in a rechargeable car.

unbelievable that they’ve taken off.  prob decade+ off them being a truly viable option

6 minutes ago, Bluto10 said:

electric cars are for grunters YD min

canna even go to glasgow for the day in a rechargeable car.

unbelievable that they’ve taken off.  prob decade+ off them being a truly viable option

Technically I could do Glasgow on a single charge from York, but I’d need to drive like Morgan Freeman.

In the real world I’d charge at the Tesla superchargers at Scotch Corner for half an hour or so and that would be me.

14 minutes ago, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

Anything that saves our lovely planet Yorkie son.

I ain't getting on no plane fool...

Unfortunately just a few thousand folk driving leccy motors isna gonna save the planet Grays min.

It requires a total sea change, and whilst we’re heading in the right direction, it’s nae quick enough to stop some species being driven to extinction before we fully wake up.

18 minutes ago, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

Anyone who drives a car is a fucking poof. 

There is nothing you can't do with a bike that you can do in a car.

Lars Von Trier knew this. 

I chain my jeep to  dead trees and rip them out of the ground, and I also use it to pull 2 ton docks out of the water... 

...what gear on your bike would you select for those sorts of activities?

?

3 hours ago, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

Get in there my son...

Let's a go robbing.  Buckingham Palace has one less pair of eyes and ears on us.   We'll wheek that crown off Lizzies sleeping head and sell it on Ebay, yesiree boy.

Yesterday I helped 2 adult males who were younger and stronger than I (and no doubt smarter), in my local cafe, change the password on their new security box - "oi alemão. ajude-nos aqui",  (hey German.  Help us out) they said. 

And help I did.  

The instructions they had were written only in French, German and Ingloid. 

Bish bash bosh and old LupinBabylon1875 had that box open and password changed for them quick smart.

Actually this post belongs on the Thread O Bloke Shit, but that fist pump with the Brazilian dude after I fixed his shit was tremendous.

I still can't shave my own back very well but better than I could in April 2020. 

Was there not some lad broke into the palace and made his way all the way to the Queens bedroom, where he sat and had a nice wee chat until the SAS arrived and skullfucked him?

No mention of what the recently departed Philip was doing while his wife was at the mercies of the trespassing mentalist.

I'm going to guess they beefed up security since that happened, and any attempt to get in about the Queen's treasures will be met with  murderous hail of gunfire long before you're shaking Her Majesty awake. 

I'm merely a lockpick, my friend, a sort of Artful Dodger, if you will... more likely to break into a toolshed and nick bits off your lawnmower than crack one of the most secure buildings on the Island, making off with the priceless gems looted from a hundred vanquished nations.

Also, I don't do rape.