Hamilton 1 - 1 Aberdeen

Out: Cerny, Wright, McGeouch, Hayes, Ferguson, McLennan, Watkins, McGinn, McCrorie

Lewis

Hoban Taylor Consi

Hedges Ojo Campbell Leigh Kennedy

Edmondson Cosgrove

subs: Woods, Logan, Hernandez, Main, Devlin, X, X, X

This is a big match and three points would be huge. Still not happy with the central midfield but it is what it is.

If we drop points or even lose to a shitey bottom of league team like Hamilton with a shocking goals against collum with this same set of players, which is far from unlikely. 
Do we still make all the same excuses? Even though ALL the players that played today with maybe the exception of Campbell will most likely be on more wages than all the players playing for Hamilton? & that pretty much all these players have been deemed first 11 players by McInnes now &/or previously?

I am not saying they should have beaten the Huns but I am saying the excuses of a few missing players can only go so far before it gets ridiculous. Especially after us all thinking we had the best squad of players available to us in recent memory.

That side today v Accies has zero right to be excused a shit show in this game v Accies should it happen.

34 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Out: Cerny, Wright, McGeouch, Hayes, Ferguson, McLennan, Watkins, McGinn, McCrorie

Lewis

Hoban Taylor Consi

Hedges Ojo Campbell Leigh Kennedy

Edmondson Cosgrove

subs: Woods, Logan, Hernandez, Main, Devlin, X, X, X

This is a big match and three points would be huge. Still not happy with the central midfield but it is what it is.

No Leigh in midfield.

He’s as useful as a fish with tits.

Hard to pick a team - I’ll assume it’s the same availability as today.

Lewis

Hernandez Hoban Considine Leigh

Hedges Ojo Campbell Kennedy 

Cosgrove Edmondson 

Old fashioned 4-4-2.

Not a fan of Edmondson on what I’ve seen, he looks like what he is, a centre half who has been converted to a striker - but I really don’t like Main either. 

Just now, fine-n-dandy said:

35 goals against in 13 games. Lost there last 7 or something in league. Only win in ages was a 2-1 over Ary in cup.

Rice openly admitting that he didn’t know how to fix things last time we played them.

There are no excuses to drop points to this lot. 

Totally. 

I can understand a defeat away to the Huns at half strength but we should still have too much for a Hamilton team on their arse. 

Famous last words... 

18 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Edmondson was completely non existent today. Think the first he was seen or mentioned was when he was subbed off.

He’s on Leeds books though, so he must be better than most in our squad as they are an EPL team

He was anonymous today but has shown well in other games.

I think he has just come back from injury as well.

? to your Leeds comment

I would have Ojo nowhere near this team. I would rather see one of the young lads thrown in than play him

Lewis

Devlin.  Taylor    Considine

Logan                                   Leigh

Hoban.     Campbell

Hedges              Kennedy 

Cosgrove

We're 1-0 down at Ibrox.

To an admittedly, flukey as fuck goal, but one that the fucking numpty was nutmegged to present the opportunity.

Next thing, he clatters through a hun from the back, as clear a penalty as you could imagine. Incredibly the ref does not see.

Anyway, so to sum up.

Apart from being a useless cunt, also a thick as fuck cunt.

FFS midfield. Haste ye back. FFS!!!

Just now, aberdeen1970 said:

Has Hoban ever played midfield before or are people just desperate?  Doesn't strike me as having the attributes to play there. 

I'd be loathe to take him out of the back line personally. 

He was like a young Carlos Dunga against Burnley. That's the only time he's played midfield. Man of the Match.

Bad enough having to play Leigh in midfield without shoehorning Hoban in there too. Ojo retains his place only through necessity.

Not too sure either Edmondson or Cosgrove will be too keen on playing on Hamilton's indoor bowls surface either with their respective injury histories

I'm going to have us revert to a back 4 in a 4-5-1 formation 

Lewis

Hoban              Taylor              Considine            Leigh

Logan             Ojo            Campbell            Hedges               Kennedy  

Main

3 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Bad enough having to play Leigh in midfield without shoehorning Hoban in there too. Ojo retains his place only through necessity.

Not too sure either Edmondson or Cosgrove will be too keen on playing on Hamilton's indoor bowls surface either with their respective injury histories

I'm going to have us revert to a back 4 in a 4-5-1 formation 

Lewis

Hoban              Taylor              Considine            Leigh

Logan             Ojo            Campbell            Hedges               Kennedy  

Main

That’s a helluva tombola, TC ?