Hamilton 1 - 1 Aberdeen

16 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Tord, I take it your glass is a little less full tonight after your optimistic noises from yesterday? 

haha. its a good result for finishing 3rd. its very disappointing in terms of our pretending to chase celtic (and the huns). it was an important three points knowing the bulk of the 9 injured are back for the next league game and its a different complexion. 

3 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

haha. its a good result for finishing 3rd. its very disappointing in terms of our pretending to chase celtic (and the huns). it was an important three points knowing the bulk of the 9 injured are back for the next league game and its a different complexion. 

The game on Saturday is bigger than the next league game though.

We have a semi final defeat at the hands of one of the Glasgow two to play for 

• Downvote 1
26 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

McInnes and the club probably fucked up not parting ways the summer jack, mcginn, taylor and hayes left.

McInnes/the Dons were never likely to part ways after a 95th minute cup final defeat after a really good effort in the Scottish Cup Final though. 
I think the COVID outbreak & the season finishing saved him. The way we were playing & the style of football we were seeing, if that continued from March to May I think he’d have been punted possibly.

No chance now - he’s here until the end of his contract at least. 

• Downvote 1
Just now, Tord31 said:

It's a tough game. I am still voting Hoban in midfield

No chance. 
It’ll be the same back 3 I think.

Is there any chance of Hayes &/or Wright being fit? 
Both got groin injuries so maybe unlikely. 
Only change might see McGinn in for Main & playing where Wright has been playing.

Hedges & McGinn just behind Cosgrove. 
The rest the same 

• Downvote 1
9 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

McInnes/the Dons were never likely to part ways after a 95th minute cup final defeat after a really good effort in the Scottish Cup Final though. 
I think the COVID outbreak & the season finishing saved him. The way we were playing & the style of football we were seeing, if that continued from March to May I think he’d have been punted possibly.

No chance now - he’s here until the end of his contract at least. 

He's the manager until anyone other than Dave Cormack knows that he will not be offered a new contract.

As soon as a few people know his contract is not being extended it will become an untenable position. Absolute disaster if everyone finds out. 

I'm a McInnes fan and I think there is every chance we go backwards on the next appointment BUT every manager has a shelf life. I don't think he'll see 2022 as Dons manager.

6 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Taylor, Logan, Main, Ojo, Kennedy, Edmondson are NOT good enough IMO.

There are a couple of others who are ageing & borderline too at the end of this season

I’d give Kennedy SOME slack in that he’s no wing back, he’s an old fashioned winger in the Johnny Hayes mould of old, but the latter has been able to reinvent himself.

McInnes seems hell bent on a back 3 this season so Kennedy has a problem.

3 centre halves last night and 2 sitting midfielders against the worst team in the league. It just makes no sense at all. 

I would say at the very least next summer will be interesting... Much like the many players that have reached the last transfer window without a new contract if a manager is down to less than a year and hasn't been offered a new contract the writing is on the wall. A quick exit in this 3rd tier European competition that we will probably end up in, an early league cup exit and a poor start to the league and if another managerial target becomes available they'll be snapped up. At the very least after 8/9 years of everything done DMc's way it's unrealistic for any new manager to just pick up on July 1st and have everything in place for Europe probably less than 2 weeks later.

The smart money would be for DMc to make it to the 21/22 split and then be Craig Browned... DMc still in charge but his successor waiting in the wings to witness the transfer of power. If DMc doesn't like it he's welcome to take his ball with him...

48 minutes ago, dj_bollocks said:

I would say at the very least next summer will be interesting... Much like the many players that have reached the last transfer window without a new contract if a manager is down to less than a year and hasn't been offered a new contract the writing is on the wall. A quick exit in this 3rd tier European competition that we will probably end up in, an early league cup exit and a poor start to the league and if another managerial target becomes available they'll be snapped up. At the very least after 8/9 years of everything done DMc's way it's unrealistic for any new manager to just pick up on July 1st and have everything in place for Europe probably less than 2 weeks later.

The smart money would be for DMc to make it to the 21/22 split and then be Craig Browned... DMc still in charge but his successor waiting in the wings to witness the transfer of power. If DMc doesn't like it he's welcome to take his ball with him...

To coin one of DMc’s favourite sayings “Who knows” - maybe he automatically goes onto one of them rolling one yr contracts after his current one ends?

Hard nosed USA styled businessman Cormack may well be, (even more so with further US backing last month) but I just can’t see a scenario where DMc gets bulleted. The only way he leaves is if a championship or progressive league one side down south takes a punt. Or maybe a foreign side? Sevco might come calling again next summer I suppose, as win or lose the league this season, Gerrard either gets the dunt or takes the chance to move back south, riding on the back of his success in stopping 10IAR. 

We’ve been getting embarrassed by shite like Hamilton all thru his tenure but he usually manages to sneak/fluke the next few games. Even if we lose in the Cup on Saturday, he’s not going anywhere, with us 3rd and with a game in hand.