St Mirren 2 - 1 Aberdeen

1 minute ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Does he though? I’ve not seen anything from him that has made me think there’s a player there or has lots of potential. Just not good enough.

There comes a point when young players need to play regular football for a team where they have to take responsibility. 

We wait too long to send ours out imo. Campbell should have been out on loan a couple of times by now. 

3 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Does he though? I’ve not seen anything from him that has made me think there’s a player there or has lots of potential. Just not good enough.

I think it's harsh to say that about a young boy who's not been given the chance to play first team football. 

He needs to get himself playing. A loan move would be best for him. He's got to realise that. 

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Still a young lad that needs to be playing every week, as other says he should be going out on loan where he is starting for someone rather than playing a handful of times a season as that’s no way to develop. Agree he’s not good enough to be starting at the moment. 

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

There comes a point when young players need to play regular football for a team where they have to take responsibility. 

We wait too long to send ours out imo. Campbell should have been out on loan a couple of times by now. 

Agreed. Instead he's sat on the bench week after week, getting 5 mins here and there. 

5 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Agreed. Instead he's sat on the bench week after week, getting 5 mins here and there. 

Who's to say we didn't try to send him out on loan but for whatever reason it didn't happen. There has to be a club that wants to take him in on loan we can't just force him on somebody. It would have to be to a club mid-Championship level at worst. Sending him to Arbroath or Alloa etc would be a bit pointless

15 minutes ago, caledonia said:

As long as McInnes is manager we will win fuck all

Yes he has won a league cup or mickey mouse cup as it used to be called (on penalty’s against a poor ICT) but other managers with less funds have won the Scottish Cup.

You can only do so much defending all the time or as he calls it “keeping it tight”

And he won it with the bulk of Broon's team as well..

1 minute ago, Ten Caat said:

Who's to say we didn't try to send him out on loan but for whatever reason it didn't happen. There has to be a club that wants to take him in on loan we can't just force him on somebody. It would have to be to a club mid-Championship level at worst. Sending him to Arbroath or Alloa etc would be a bit pointless

Maybe we did? I don't know. I'm just saying he needs a loan and that he won't develop sitting on our bench. 

2 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

We sent McKenna to Alloa. 

And Anderson to Ayr. 

Why not Campbell? 

Guest milne_afc
2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Why not Campbell? 

Maybe no club wanted him.

Whats the selling point? What’s his game?

McInnes to blame for the lack of development anyway. Nae need to be too hard on the 19yo loon, but he needs to find some character.

I thought Campbell was ok but as has been said he needs games and with ferguson and mccrorie in front of him he won’t get many. When he’s playing he needs an experienced man beside him to help him along and I’m affraid he didn’t get that with ojo in beside him. Out of him and ojo I thought he was better at least he tried to take a man on or play a forward pass 

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

We sent McKenna to Alloa. 

And Anderson to Ayr. 

Why not Campbell? 

McKenna I think had played 2 games for us when we sent him to Ayr, not Alloa. Where he didn't even play half the games. Had someone come in with a £100k bid for him on his return I'm sure we would have grabbed it.

Anderson isn't at Ayr with a view to coming back to us a better player. He's there to get himself in the shop window for the summer. His time with us is done

Campbell has played more than both at comparable ages. If he goes on loan it needs to be at a decent level where he actually does learn and develop

14 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I think it's harsh to say that about a young boy who's not been given the chance to play first team football. 

He needs to get himself playing. A loan move would be best for him. He's got to realise that. 

When we have seen him he’s not had anything about him. Just do not get the hype at all, would love to be wrong but just don’t think he will be in our side in a few years.

1 minute ago, Ten Caat said:

McKenna I think had played 2 games for us when we sent him to Ayr, not Alloa. Where he didn't even play half the games. Had someone come in with a £100k bid for him on his return I'm sure we would have grabbed it.

Anderson isn't at Ayr with a view to coming back to us a better player. He's there to get himself in the shop window for the summer. His time with us is done

Campbell has played more than both at comparable ages. If he goes on loan it needs to be at a decent level where he actually does learn and develop

Playing regularly in the Championship or even League 1 would be better for his education at this point than being 5th choice Central midfielder at Aberdeen. 

Especially now the reserve league is fucked due to covid.