St Mirren 2 - 1 Aberdeen

Guest milne_afc
1 minute ago, thurso said:

Not sure you can blame mcinnes for lack of development. He got Ferguson in and put him in and got him playing better

Ferguson was already a good player, I was talking specifically about Campbell’s development.

Just now, thurso said:

Not sure you can blame mcinnes for lack of development. He got Ferguson in and put him in and got him playing better

Aye. But he was ready. 

I think he waits too long to put the others out who aren't ready for regular first team football. 

Cammy Smith spent two or three years here getting the odd five minutes before he went out on loan. 

Pawlett was in the last chance saloon before he got a loan move. 

13 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

2 strikers in Cosgrove and Main who look like they can't be arsed.

The other one is a young loon who was a centre back making his way in the professional game as a striker for the first time. 

And one on loan sitting on Ayr's bench at 23 years old. 

No much wonder we are missing Watkins 

Cosgrove is nowhere near as good as he thinks.

Sell him in January if possible.

Edmondson is a centre half converted to a centre forward, and it looks like it. Donkey. 

Curtis Main is just a fucking useless cunt - fucking horrible abomination of a player.  

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye. But he was ready. 

I think he waits too long to put the others out who aren't ready for regular first team football. 

Cammy Smith spent two or three years here getting the odd five minutes before he went out on loan. 

Pawlett was in the last chance saloon before he got a loan move. 

Yes I do agree with that but maybe he saw something in them and thought they could get into the team.
I think if your not a first team player at aberdeen by 21 you should be gone anyway 

2 minutes ago, Stoneybloke said:

How long will it be until the happy clappers start appearing again. They usually go into hiding after games like this waiting until the fuss dies down.

Be careful what you wish for! ?

Best since Fergie

We have a lot of injuries. 

We can't complete with the finances of the Ugly Sisters*. Then lose to St Mirren

Fucking LoL. 

*bent phrase 

3 minutes ago, Cambridge Red said:

As much as most of us would love a new management team. With the lack of revenue  at present could we actually afford to end his contract ? I believe in the long run it would pay off I just don't know if we could manage it. Anybody in the know?  

I doubt it’s even a consideration for the Board for that very reason.

I’d happily put the DNA money towards getting rid of him. 

BBC sport

"Over the 90-minute performance, I would say St Mirren were the better side. I thought the game was eking towards extra-time. The goal really came out of nothing.

"Joe's been outstanding for me and mistakes happen. It's just unfortunate that that's a mistake that puts us out the cup. It was more than that that was at fault and Joe's just as likely to save us and win us so many points in a season."

meh

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

No way he's getting sacked just now. 

His relatively consistent league performance will be seen as a safety net by the club just now. 

Maybe next summer if things are more back to normal after covid and revenue streams are a bit more reliable again. 

I agree.

We’ll still be third or at worst 4th & qualify for Europe & a QR3 exit. 

31 minutes ago, thurso said:

I thought Campbell was ok but as has been said he needs games and with ferguson and mccrorie in front of him he won’t get many. When he’s playing he needs an experienced man beside him to help him along and I’m affraid he didn’t get that with ojo in beside him. Out of him and ojo I thought he was better at least he tried to take a man on or play a forward pass 

Hes out his depth which isnt entirely his fault. Hes young and not had many starts at first team level alongside our better midfielders.

But hes never played well for the first team for even 1 full game id say

After defeats like this, criticisms start appearing about individual players. While I acknowledge that performances can be very poor from some, they can't all be bad. Problems are more likely to be higher up the chain and off the pitch. Something needs to give and soon. Not very long ago I was defending McInnes, but I don't think I can anymore. Likewise the hierarchy above him has to take responsibility.

• Downvote 1
1 minute ago, Stoneybloke said:

After defeats like this, criticisms start appearing about individual players. While I acknowledge that performances can be very poor from some, they can't all be bad. Problems are more likely to be higher up the chain and off the pitch. Something needs to give and soon. Not very long ago I was defending McInnes, but I don't think I can anymore. Likewise the hierarchy above him has to take responsibility.

The thing that pisses me off the most is that other teams regularly look hungrier than us.  

Is that the players or is it the instructions to play a particular way? 

It happens so often in recent years that it must be the latter.