St Mirren 2 - 1 Aberdeen

2 minutes ago, Stoneybloke said:

After defeats like this, criticisms start appearing about individual players. While I acknowledge that performances can be very poor from some, they can't all be bad. Problems are more likely to be higher up the chain and off the pitch. Something needs to give and soon. Not very long ago I was defending McInnes, but I don't think I can anymore. Likewise the hierarchy above him has to take responsibility.

Ironically I still believe that a better man manager could get those players to perform... Too set in his ways, too stubborn to change and too long here by at least 2 years...

• Upvote 1

Just now, Stoneybloke said:

After defeats like this, criticisms start appearing about individual players. While I acknowledge that performances can be very poor from some, they can't all be bad. Problems are more likely to be higher up the chain and off the pitch. Something needs to give and soon. Not very long ago I was defending McInnes, but I don't think I can anymore. Likewise the hierarchy above him has to take responsibility.

Very fair comment - the players are McInnes's and their style (using the term very loosely) is his too. We have been unfortunate with missing players for sure but adapting our style to cope with being outplayed and more importantly outfought by St Mirren is by any reasonable assessment a condemnation of his ability, recruitment and I suspect desire - he's been on a cushy number and if there was drive and vigour it has sadly long since left the building - he needs to follow - whilst we have had worse managers we've had better.

33 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

BBC sport

"Over the 90-minute performance, I would say St Mirren were the better side. I thought the game was eking towards extra-time. The goal really came out of nothing.

"Joe's been outstanding for me and mistakes happen. It's just unfortunate that that's a mistake that puts us out the cup. It was more than that that was at fault and Joe's just as likely to save us and win us so many points in a season."

meh

Used that too often. Hate a superfluous that. 

5 minutes ago, dj_bollocks said:

Ironically I still believe that a better man manager could get those players to perform... Too set in his ways, too stubborn to change and too long here by at least 2 years...

This.

A fresh approach is needed.

A more positive manager, with fresh ideas, someone less concerned with the other teams, and not afraid to really get up against them.

• Upvote 2

We have manager  who is stale and needs a new challenge clearly he cannot improve us. He is on easy money and excellent salary no wonder he doesn't want to be moved on

Chairman Dave please bring a new management team this ones finite  life expired  a long time ago

We will never win anything whilst the likes of Ojo, Main  and Devin are handing around Pittordrie and crept into the team

Yes we have had serious injury issues but the depth of squad obviously not good enough when the bench warmers actually play on mass

Disappointed once again but not surprised saw it coming once the draw was made

Also chairman Dave can you please ensure Marty Watkins comes back as a major priority, he might not score a lot of goals but he gives 150% and sets up goals also seriously  start looking at DMs replacement  as a matter of urgency 

47 minutes ago, ABERDEENROWIE1903 said:

We have manager  who is stale and needs a new challenge clearly he cannot improve us. He is on easy money and excellent salary no wonder he doesn't want to be moved on

Chairman Dave please bring a new management team this ones finite  life expired  a long time ago

We will never win anything whilst the likes of Ojo, Main  and Devin are handing around Pittordrie and crept into the team

Yes we have had serious injury issues but the depth of squad obviously not good enough when the bench warmers actually play on mass

Disappointed once again but not surprised saw it coming once the draw was made

Also chairman Dave can you please ensure Marty Watkins comes back as a major priority, he might not score a lot of goals but he gives 150% and sets up goals also seriously  start looking at DMs replacement  as a matter of urgency 

I believe he is looking at Mcinnes' replacement quite frequently actually

And how underwhelmed we all will be when Stephen Glass is wheeled into  the boardroom in June 2022

7 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I believe he is looking at Mcinnes' replacement quite frequently actually

And how underwhelmed we all will be when Stephen Glass is wheeled into  the boardroom in June 2022

Aye, because Glass did a sterling job as Atlanta’s caretaker boss.

6 points off the bottom of the Eastern Conference. 

Please, just no.

I’d be happy us going with someone from outside Scotland, someone who doesn’t have an inherent inferiority complex about playing the arse cheeks... just not Glass. 

6 hours ago, BitWait said:

Joe has not been the same keeper since he got the captaincy. Terrible decision by dmc that  , Lewis should be captain.

Next time you're round "Joe's" get "DMC" round too and you can hold court on his keeper intervention. You'll be doing him a favor sorting this all out. Take biscuits.

12 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Cosgrove is nowhere near as good as he thinks.

Sell him in January if possible.

Edmondson is a centre half converted to a centre forward, and it looks like it. Donkey. 

Curtis Main is just a fucking useless cunt - fucking horrible abomination of a player.  

Agree on all points. Cannot remember Cosgrove or Main doing anything positive of note last night. Main is simply not good enough whilst Cosgrove flatters to deceive. 

1 minute ago, Sheepo said:

We are definitely missing the work rate and pace of Watkins. Cosgrove just encourages a return to pointless high balls which we have seen a lot f this week

His work rate is infuriating.  Compare his work rate to say, Lyndon Dykes, who went down south for a similar fee we accepted for Cosgrove. Chalk and cheese. 

How many of his goals last season were penalties?  Must have been a fair few. 

2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

That's OK if you're happy with your main striker waiting for everyone else to do the work for him. 

Personally I think he's got to try and make things happen for himself and the team. 

Which includes more than breaking into a half hearted jog now and again. 

I agree but a few times yesterday Sam came deep towards the halfway line to take the ball in to feet and link up the play. There's no way I want him doing that as deep as he had to. That, to me, shows a huge failing in our midfield. 

• Upvote 1