Cormack on Sportcene

Tom English usual asshole approach buttering up Sturgeon as he did Budge, buttering up Cormack and scything into easy target Doncaster, backed by lightweight Gordon. He mentioned Joe FitzPatrick what does he do, has anyone ever heard him cotribute Obvoiusly moved sideways from health as he was u.s. there. Cormack is not surprised  any suggestions from north of Dundee will be waived aside.

22 minutes ago, winchester83 said:

Tom English usual asshole approach buttering up Sturgeon as he did Budge, buttering up Cormack and scything into easy target Doncaster, backed by lightweight Gordon. He mentioned Joe FitzPatrick what does he do, has anyone ever heard him cotribute Obvoiusly moved sideways from health as he was u.s. there. Cormack is not surprised  any suggestions from north of Dundee will be waived aside.

I thought Dave Cormack put his point across well.He pointed out Jason Leach had said that outdoor sport was safe to them before.Cinemas ,gymns and shopping centres are allowed to open but football in level 2 is denied 2,000 crowds.

Said that everYbody knows who is making the decisions.

I don't know whY Tom English was being a prick but he was arguing against football right through the interview.

Doncaster also pointed out the Scottish govt had been given millions for sport but had given sweet fa to football.

19 minutes ago, Joe pike said:

I thought Dave Cormack put his point across well.He pointed out Jason Leach had said that outdoor sport was safe to them before.Cinemas ,gymns and shopping centres are allowed to open but football in level 2 is denied 2,000 crowds.

Said that everYbody knows who is making the decisions.

I don't know whY Tom English was being a prick but he was arguing against football right through the interview.

Doncaster also pointed out the Scottish govt had been given millions for sport but had given sweet fa to football.

Was in Union Square and then Tesco's Today and they were both absolutely mental. These places are just breeding grounds for the virus mask or no masks and supermarkets in particular have opened all the way through without really much difference,I mean Tesco Today is as busy as it was this time last Year with the only difference being folk are wearing masks. Football outdoor with the correct measures in place can be nowhere near as dangerous as the likes of Tesco and Union Square Today. Cormack seems to have picked this fight with the Scottish Government but it is a fight I don't think he will win. As plenty have said Leitch is just a puppet for the Government I don't believe he has much influence at all

44 minutes ago, Joe pike said:

Because the adversarial approach that Doncaster and the SPFL has been detrimental to their cause. Constantly slagging the Government in public and briefing journalists with quotes doing the same was always a horrendous strategy. 

• Downvote 1
3 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Because the adversarial approach that Doncaster and the SPFL has been detrimental to their cause. Constantly slagging the Government in public and briefing journalists with quotes doing the same was always a horrendous strategy. 

To be fair they make some good points, especially in terms of cinemas and shopping centres. 

I did think that Doncasters jibe in his statement about England letting fans in, was ill thought out, given that England seems to be doing worse than the rest of the UK in controlling the virus.  Not a very good example to further their cause. 

1 minute ago, Ernie McCracken said:

To be fair they make some good points, especially in terms of cinemas and shopping centres. 

I did think that Doncasters jibe in his statement about England letting fans in, was ill thought out, given that England seems to be doing worse than the rest of the UK in controlling the virus.  Not a very good example to further their cause. 

And it’s borne out of ignorance as it’s only in certain parts of England. 

4 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

I agree with them totally too. It's a far safer environment and I've no doubt AFC will manage people attending better than the shops in, for example, Union square, will be managing shoppers. 

I just think that the approach the SPFL have taken has harmed their cause. 

4 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Yeah. Doncaster is a walking disaster. Does he really think going on the radio and attacking the government is going to help the SPFL.

He was complaining about football not getting government money, then when Richard Gordon pointed out that they STILL haven't paid out the £1 million that James Anderson gave them, he made excuses for his incompetence. 

He's a disaster. No idea why those in charge of our clubs haven't got rid of him. 

Fucking Doncaster I think is hindering their cause.

However football needs to look in the mirror, if it's adhering to all guidance, as the prick says then why is the virus running rife through clubs when it strikes,?

It has weekly dialogue with the sports minister to put forward it's case other industries, soft play,  hospitality, etc  doesn't get that privelidge,

And it's true football has been allowed to get started ahead of others, 

Its great that football has a better knowledge of the virus spread risk, than the health authorities

On 11/28/2020 at 4:46 PM, WesthillWanderersFC said:

And it’s borne out of ignorance as it’s only in certain parts of England. 

He sort of acknowledged this when it was pointed this out to him.

But this point was then followed up by Richard Gordon, who said this would still mean most stadiums in the central belt would not be able to open to fans, meaning Ibrox and Celtic Park wouldn’t be able to open to fans. Doncaster was clearly evasive when asked to confirm that this would be the case. Still clearly pandering to sentiments of the huns and tims 

Don’t know if anyone heard the discussion on sportscene Tonight on AFC, prompted by Cormacks Interview, but heightened obviously by growing fan unrest.

if you didn’t, don’t bother.  All there.

80s

Ferguson

Entitled

careful what we wish for

3rd is fine, not allowed 2nd and we’ll never ever be first again.  And if 2nd is staring you in the face if you can keep it together against bottom placed shite, well you’re wrong so sit down and shut up.

Pretty much covers it.

13 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Don’t know if anyone heard the discussion on sportscene Tonight on AFC, prompted by Cormacks Interview, but heightened obviously by growing fan unrest.

if you didn’t, don’t bother.  All there.

80s

Ferguson

Entitled

careful what we wish for

3rd is fine, not allowed 2nd and we’ll never ever be first again.  And if 2nd is staring you in the face if you can keep it together against bottom placed shite, well you’re wrong so sit down and shut up.

Pretty much covers it.

Who was saying that?

49 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

The Scottish government will have all fans tarred with the same brush. 

A perfect excuse for them to continue to say "ram it". 

Definitely. We should be proceeding with trials of greater numbers than we are currently but football really hasn't helped itself or it's case. 

1 hour ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Levein, the odious Daryl Broadfoot and a Celtic crisis induced post climactic Kenny Macintyre.

Yup - heard that.

Along the lines of:

”like it or not Aberdeen will never win the league again. It’s not going to happen”

A stance they legitimise by citing evidence of ‘budgets’ and ‘size of the  old firm’.

Sad thing is they just accept that and carry on. Not even a token acknowledgment that it’s shite or needs to change. 

Back on topic I’m actually torn on Daryl Broadfoot.  I believe he’s ex DR (may even be some Rangers News in him too), then ex director of communications for SFA.  Fair play is he not also an ex of Bra Queen Mone?

Point being, I absolutely detest what the man says.  From memory it was him with the “not winning the league again” quote.  But the reason I detest it is because it’s correct.  He takes very few punts, he usually has the rule book Or other club machination to back him up.  There was a good example last night when Hibs apparently protested about Celtic moving their January game to facilitate their training camp.  English and McIntyre predictably jumped all over it.  Broadfoot simply said “quite entitled, thems the rules.”

What the game clearly needs is someone to say to Daryl “Well change the fecking rules then.”  I don’t mind that what he says is factually accurate, in fact in bonkers football La la land I actually welcome it.  But this Aye been, shrug of the shoulders, way it is thing is at the very core of the problem.

On 11/28/2020 at 10:38 PM, cruzcampo3 said:

Need to bin jason Liech from off the ball now. Was sick of hearing him say droplets 6 timed a interview after week one. 8 months later and it’s still happening 

This. I don't listen to it any more, due to these softball chats. Whether correct or not, the decision about football is political and it should be a politician who defends it. Though I'm not sure that Stuart Cosgrove is the man to hold anyone's feet to the fire.

On 11/28/2020 at 11:53 AM, Parklife said:

I agree with them totally too. It's a far safer environment and I've no doubt AFC will manage people attending better than the shops in, for example, Union square, will be managing shoppers. 

I just think that the approach the SPFL have taken has harmed their cause. 

Yeah. Doncaster is a walking disaster. Does he really think going on the radio and attacking the government is going to help the SPFL.

He was complaining about football not getting government money, then when Richard Gordon pointed out that they STILL haven't paid out the £1 million that James Anderson gave them, he made excuses for his incompetence. 

He's a disaster. No idea why those in charge of our clubs haven't got rid of him. 

Doncaster having a go at ScotGov is just him pandering to the Huns. Simple as that.

Huns still partially blame ScotGov/SNP for not helping them out as they believed their own hype that they were an ‘institution’ & crucial to Scotland ?

Huns hate ScotGov with a passion & all who agree with them & voice their hatred of ScotGov are applauded by Huns.
Enemy of my enemy if my friend etc.

5 hours ago, Edinburgh_dandy said:

Yup - heard that.

Along the lines of:

”like it or not Aberdeen will never win the league again. It’s not going to happen”

A stance they legitimise by citing evidence of ‘budgets’ and ‘size of the  old firm’.

Sad thing is they just accept that and carry on. Not even a token acknowledgment that it’s shite or needs to change. 

Unfortunately we have a manager with that mindset that he has impressed onto the players, 

9 hours ago, Edinburgh_dandy said:

Yup - heard that.

Along the lines of:

We probably won’t ever win the league the way things are. Scottish football needs a complete overhaul of some sort if it’s to be anything other than a 2 horse race again. Unfortunately that’s all that matters to most people and especially those in charge. They will wank themselves into oblivion over an old firm title fight, if anyone else dares to challenge they quickly downplay it and the media works hard to destroy any momentum it may have.

4 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

No appetite at the club to challenge for titles.

Rightly or wrongly. DGAF

We cannot challenge whilst the 2 arse cheeks have such a financial advantage. They still buy dross at times...….but even so their dross > our dross.

It would be interesting if we could get a foreign oligarch in who would really invest shitloads of cash that would allow us to compete at a level playing field with the cheeks. But would it contravene financial fair play rules? And even if it didn't, I still think it might be difficult persuading the players that we wanted to come to the north east. Just think they'd consider us too remote......even though there's adequate airlinks to Amsterdam and Heathrow from where you can reach most places in Europe and beyond.