Cormack on Sportcene

Guest milne_afc

A team full of attainable Scottish/Lower Eng Champo players could challenge with good coaching and management.

Piece of piss if the club had big swinging nuts

6 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

They still buy dross at times...….but even so their dross > our dross.

Take Jonny Hayes as an example. He was probably considered 'dross' by Celtic fans whilst he's probably one of our most important players at the moment. That's how fucked things are in Scottish football. Celtic probably only signed him because it meant weakening us. He wasn't exactly a regular?

Guest milne_afc
2 hours ago, alscotoz said:

Take Jonny Hayes as an example. He was probably considered 'dross' by Celtic fans whilst he's probably one of our most important players at the moment. That's how fucked things are in Scottish football. Celtic probably only signed him because it meant weakening us. He wasn't exactly a regular?

Nah, they signed him because he was consistently one of the best players in the country for 3-4 years.

11 hours ago, Big Hat Logan said:

We probably won’t ever win the league the way things are. Scottish football needs a complete overhaul of some sort if it’s to be anything other than a 2 horse race again. Unfortunately that’s all that matters to most people and especially those in charge. They will wank themselves into oblivion over an old firm title fight, if anyone else dares to challenge they quickly downplay it and the media works hard to destroy any momentum it may have.

Thats my point on Broadfoot.  He consistently, openly and brazenly says this (correctly as I said before) and no-one appears to think isnt that a little self defeating?  When did Barry Hearn last go openly on radio and say (fuck knows re names havent followed snooker for years but bear with me) "Turn up at Sheffield folks and no doubt the arrogant english crimmy bastard will win against the gambling Tim in the final.  Watch if you want.  Not bothered if you dont." 

6 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Thats my point on Broadfoot.  He consistently, openly and brazenly says this (correctly as I said before) and no-one appears to think isnt that a little self defeating?  When did Barry Hearn last go openly on radio and say (fuck knows re names havent followed snooker for years but bear with me) "Turn up at Sheffield folks and no doubt the arrogant english crimmy bastard will win against the gambling Tim in the final.  Watch if you want.  Not bothered if you dont." 

He’s a known hun & an SFA employee (if not he was).

Should we expect anything less ? 

• Downvote 1
24 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

My point too, he’s a hun and vast majority of people in any power or media are fans of either one of the OF. They are in heaven if their goldfish bowl of rangers Celtic are “challenging” each other. Look how (relatively) quiet huns have been up until this season, now they are unbearable. If they win the league it will be horrific for everyone.

None of them are interested in Scottish football on the whole, just obsessed with each other and this 10 in a row shite. Celtic have almost destroyed about a decades worth of finance and European standing due to this obsession with 10 in a row, the huns are ready to bankrupt themselves again over it. It’s fucking madness.

On 12/2/2020 at 1:05 AM, For Fecks Sake said:

^ this.

Oh and sure Cormack was talking on Sportscene nae Sportcene as the title suggests ?

Cheers FFS I was struggling there to know what he was on.

That's definitely cleared it up. 

You fancy another shot at Uni? You'd be able to say you were these ladies.

Cormack asking about the fans coming back.

• Downvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Any plan to set up a a new league should not involve Rangers and Celtic. 

No point in us playing in our current league, and there would be no point in us playing in an Atlantic league if they were there. 

Just now, Ernie McCracken said:

Any plan to set up a a new league should not involve Rangers and Celtic. 

No point in us playing in our current league, and there would be no point in us playing in an Atlantic league if they were there. 

Totally against the idea of an Atlantic league. Would totally alienate fans who want to watch their team but don't fancy or can't afford travelling to Oslo or Copenhagen every other week. 

Farcical idea. These businessmen types won't stop until they totally ruin football. 

1 hour ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Totally against the idea of an Atlantic league. Would totally alienate fans who want to watch their team but don't fancy or can't afford travelling to Oslo or Copenhagen every other week. 

Farcical idea. These businessmen types won't stop until they totally ruin football. 

Yup. I'd be done with AFC if that came about. 

7 minutes ago, The beard of mcinnes said:

The problem will all this super league atlantic league made up pish is that most fans like a local rivalry

It seems something that the uefa and tv lot have no idea of 

I love local rivalries, but ultimately they don't make up for the fact that our league is set up so that we all have to bend over and take it from the old firm, year upon year upon year ad infinitum. 

So I'd support any sort of change that gave us a meaningful place in the league we play in (i.e. having a realistic chance of winning it). 

Ideally that would be a Scottish league, but if it has to be an Atlantic league then so be it. 

But any sort of Atlantic league where we fulfil the same role we do now would be a pointless exercise which I'd have no interest in. 

Heres another way of looking at it.Once the 10 in a row pish gets out the way,could that be the time to be investing in clubs like ourselves.Old firm fans running out of targets/start to get tired of the same old(like the late 70s),crowds dwindle?

And if not,how many clubs do we think would be interested in resigning from the league and starting without them.If we go back to pre 2012,surely most would think stuff that and give it a go......like we should have done in 2012.Look at the crowds increase and spread of trophies when Sevco were out of the league.Needs something ballsy like that to shake things up

44 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

I love local rivalries, but ultimately they don't make up for the fact that our league is set up so that we all have to bend over and take it from the old firm, year upon year upon year ad infinitum. 

So I'd support any sort of change that gave us a meaningful place in the league we play in (i.e. having a realistic chance of winning it). 

Ideally that would be a Scottish league, but if it has to be an Atlantic league then so be it. 

But any sort of Atlantic league where we fulfil the same role we do now would be a pointless exercise which I'd have no interest in. 

I don't disagree that our league - like most in Europe these days - is fairly set in stone.

Germany will be won by Bayern, Italy - Juventus, France - PSG and so on.

I was talking more in a generality of what fires up supporters. Getting one over on the fella that sits across from you at work who supports the other team etc. as opposed to playing feyenoord or genk or whoever for us

• Dildo 1