Christmas 2020

The Buzzard

4 minutes ago, The Buzzard said:

It's December so it's now valid to get a thread started on this. 

What are people doing?

Will people be sticking to the bubble rules and will people be using the rules to their advantage to avoid in-laws/family?

More importantly, is anybody running the Hat Awards?

Hat awards already up Buzz.

I'm getting drunk, taking lots of drugs and making magic memories for the kids.

Bubbles. 

L

O

L

1 minute ago, The Boofon said:

Hat awards already up Buzz.

I'm getting drunk, taking lots of drugs and making magic memories for the kids.

Bubbles. 

L

O

L

Fuck, didn't even see that. Cheers, Boof. 

Her parents have been sticklers for following the rules but it's interesting to see how they are already disregarding/bending the rules to suit their own agenda. 

3 minutes ago, The Buzzard said:

Fuck, didn't even see that. Cheers, Boof. 

Her parents have been sticklers for following the rules but it's interesting to see how they are already disregarding/bending the rules to suit their own agenda. 

I'm being facetious of course but won't be forming any bubbles. 

Mother in law and my folks will all be round at some point during the day. As will other relatives same as every Christmas.

2 minutes ago, The Boofon said:

I'm being facetious of course but won't be forming any bubbles. 

Mother in law and my folks will all be round at some point during the day. As will other relatives same as every Christmas.

I normally do a tour in the morning. Breakfast at my dad's to line the stomach, back home for a shower then up to my mum's to see her, my sisters and their kids. Down to an uncles where wider family often congregate and get a few drinks together. 

Then a walk home where her family are usually already in residence so it's Christmas dinner and stuck into the drink. 

Already said her uncles might need to get cut from the guest list if my mum isn't with my sisters as I'll be getting her down to ours. 

12 minutes ago, The Buzzard said:

I normally do a tour in the morning. Breakfast at my dad's to line the stomach, back home for a shower then up to my mum's to see her, my sisters and their kids. Down to an uncles where wider family often congregate and get a few drinks together. 

Then a walk home where her family are usually already in residence so it's Christmas dinner and stuck into the drink. 

Already said her uncles might need to get cut from the guest list if my mum isn't with my sisters as I'll be getting her down to ours. 

Sounds like you need to fuck the missus off  Buzz. Keep the cats obviously.

5 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Any adult who doesn't have kids/grandkids under 15 years old yet makes a big deal of Christmas is either a female, a bender or deranged.

The actual day was probably the worst part of Christmas. Changed days now but used to be some great times finishing up just before Christmas for 2 weeks with most of your mates off at the same time. Pubs full, plenty nights out, Xmas eve at the local, Boxing Day was always big one at my mates, plenty football on, usually a decent away day around then or a full Pittodrie. Christmas was usually spent feeling like shite, overeating and drinking more. Can always remember the Dons v Tim’s game with the snowballs being one of the best Christmas periods. 

9 minutes ago, Quagmire said:

The actual day was probably the worst part of Christmas. Changed days now but used to be some great times finishing up just before Christmas for 2 weeks with most of your mates off at the same time. Pubs full, plenty nights out, Xmas eve at the local, Boxing Day was always big one at my mates, plenty football on, usually a decent away day around then or a full Pittodrie. Christmas was usually spent feeling like shite, overeating and drinking more. 

Agreed. One of my mates has his birthday on December 27th too, so we always used to get the whole group of us out that day too. 

This year will be very dull in comparison. 

11 minutes ago, The Buzzard said:

Pissing against the wind here but let's at least try to keep one thread free of Covid chat!

Sorry man just being a dick. We'll be same as most years, open presents at ours, down to my mum's for food/piss up, up the road, wife and wee man go to bed I'll watch a film and drink port and eat Stilton. 

Wake up Boxing Day rough as fuck, along to the pub for pints, watch football, few bets on. If pubs aren't open I'll probably just do the same in the house. 

Just now, manboobs109 said:

Sorry man just being a dick. We'll be same as most years, open presents at ours, down to my mum's for food/piss up, up the road, wife and wee man go to bed I'll watch a film and drink port and eat Stilton. 

Wake up Boxing Day rough as fuck, along to the pub for pints, watch football, few bets on. If pubs aren't open I'll probably just do the same in the house. 

Pretty much the perfect Christmas right there. Just missing some drugs.

45 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Sounds a good day, Moobs. Hope the dog gets a special meal on the day too! 

Yeah, that's a good Boxing Day but unlikely to take place this year. 

Just discovered you can buy a fucking GRAPPLING HOOK on Amazon. 

I've never owned a grappling hook, but now that I've seen it I feel like I've been missing out on a whole world of scaling vertical surfaces and tethering small boats. 

Also, according to the blurb, it can: "MOVE CAR: You can use it to move your car which has no engine. It will make it much more easier to move."   This is handy for those mornings you go out to the car to find some scamp has nicked the engine out of your motor. You can just slap this grappling hook on the front bumper and haul your car in to work by hand since it'll now be much more easier to move. 

I've a feeling everyone in the family is going to be waking up to their own shiny new grappling hook under the Christmas tree this December. 

51xG9+DnreL._AC_SX425_.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1