St Mirren 1 - 1 Aberdeen

2 hours ago, NEM said:

So many contradictions 

Not worth reading. Anything over 3 sentences his tiny Glaswegian brain implodes. 

Leave the conversation to the intellects, I say.

23 minutes ago, Millertime said:

There you go again bringing glasgow into it, its really, really sad

Glaswegians never, ever make reference to Aberdeen, compare that to how often glasgow is mentioned on here

should tell you something wee man

the greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, its the illusion of knowledge 

The best thing about that is you genuinely think you've done me there with that quote. 

Superb. 

24 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Glaswegians never, ever make reference to Aberdeen, compare that to how often glasgow is mentioned on here

"Never, ever make reference" 

More nonsense. 

10 hours ago, Millertime said:

I genuinely had to read that twice to make sure you’d used that quote in the way you had.

you’ve not really understood that one have you? 

Still, keep trying.  Go for some SunTzu for variety.

1 hour ago, Poodler said:

Mental that Cosgrove is such a consistent scorer (in previous seasons), yet we can all see he's hopeless to watch. 

Take the money and run, next time!

Aye I've always found it difficult to accept he's any good. 

Started hopeless and looks like he may be hopeless again. Shame the deal never went through as I'm not sure we'll see an offer like that again.

19 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Couldn't argue with Cosgrove's eventual goal return, but I could never warm to him as I I thought him ugly on the eye to watch.

Oh aye. The goals speak for themselves and some of his finishing has been top class. The recent Hibs goal, St Johnstone away last season and Motherwell away last season springing to mind. Reliable from the spot too.

But many, many games he looks honking.

I'd take a peak Rooney before Cosgrove, but not sure I'd take any other striker we've had this century to be fair. Maybe Stavrum.

I don’t have an issue with continuing with Cosgrove with some kind of plan as there’s a finisher there for sure.  But we seem to be trying to replicate the early season press and Harry game and just chucking Cosgrove in and hoping it works.  Results and performances tell me it hasn’t worked.  Ferguson and Mcrorie might improve that, but it’s got straws and clutching writ large.

5 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

I don’t have an issue with continuing with Cosgrove with some kind of plan as there’s a finisher there for sure.  But we seem to be trying to replicate the early season press and Harry game and just chucking Cosgrove in and hoping it works.  Results and performances tell me it hasn’t worked.  Ferguson and Mcrorie might improve that, but it’s got straws and clutching writ large.

Great for Spurs.

4 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Good at goals & assists and dragging Centre-backs out of position.

12 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

The main problem is that Cosgrove’s return has coincided with basically our entire midfield and more being unavailable. 

We haven't really seen a consistent run of games where Cosgrove is in a team with Wright, McCrorie, Ferguson, Mclennan, Watkins, or Hayes because they haven't been available. 

The inability to make the early season tactics work, has more to do the replacement midfield players not being up to it. 

• Upvote 1

Why I said I’d persevere (without going back to the exact goal you mention as I can’t remember the buildup, just the finish itself).  He is a finisher if we can give him the service.  I recall Billy Dodds and the tongue in cheek saying if we gave him 10 chances we could rely on him to put away one of them.   St Mirren and Hamilton we didn’t seem to give a Cosgrove anything although the Hayes #10 experiment struck me as just bizarre.

that said, the boy doesn’t help himself with that awkward gait and  conservative chasing style.

I see Ernies point above now saying the same thing.  Persevere and try to make use of his talents.