St Mirren 1 - 1 Aberdeen

Mcginn goes there because he proved if theres a chance he's more likely to take it.

Kennedy is suffering from the style of play.  The deeper we go the more defensive he has to be (we get off with it with Hayes because he can do both) the more his shitebaggery is exposed.  Its almost as if the lower team's coaches think if we press them rather than vice versa we appear to expose their weaknesses.  Cunning bastards.

5 hours ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Mcginn goes there because he proved if theres a chance he's more likely to take it.

Kennedy is suffering from the style of play.  The deeper we go the more defensive he has to be (we get off with it with Hayes because he can do both) the more his shitebaggery is exposed.  Its almost as if the lower team's coaches think if we press them rather than vice versa we appear to expose their weaknesses.  Cunning bastards.

McGinn does his best work now coming off the bench when the opposition is tiring.

As many have said, we'll probably win this game. We started the season in 3 cups and in the last month we've had that brought down to 1/3rd of potential silverware. 

Whilst I'll undoubtedly watch, I don't really care about us finishing 3rd or not. We should finish third, having the experience and wage budget we do, it's just hard to get excited about a third place anymore. 

For as much as Derek has improved AFC and deserves credit, he has made us a boringly predictable, in just about every way we can be. 

Very rarely do his teams surprise us, very rarely do his comments surprise us, and very rarely do players surprise us on an individual level. 

If we beat St.Mirren in Saturday, then so what? We solidify our claim for third, that gets us a Europa league spot, we gloriously fail to qualify, and then it just goes on what seems like a continuous loop. 

The apathy after saturdays latest cup misfortune has made me question why we bother. 

Naturally, you can't demand and expect to have everything your own way, but when you follow a club with so much potential, and so little of it achieved, it gets disheartening.

24 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

As many have said, we'll probably win this game. We started the season in 3 cups and in the last month we've had that brought down to 1/3rd of potential silverware. 

Whilst I'll undoubtedly watch, I don't really care about us finishing 3rd or not. We should finish third, having the experience and wage budget we do, it's just hard to get excited about a third place anymore. 

For as much as Derek has improved AFC and deserves credit, he has made us a boringly predictable, in just about every way we can be. 

Very rarely do his teams surprise us, very rarely do his comments surprise us, and very rarely do players surprise us on an individual level. 

If we beat St.Mirren in Saturday, then so what? We solidify our claim for third, that gets us a Europa league spot, we gloriously fail to qualify, and then it just goes on what seems like a continuous loop. 

The apathy after saturdays latest cup misfortune has made me question why we bother. 

Naturally, you can't demand and expect to have everything your own way, but when you follow a club with so much potential, and so little of it achieved, it gets disheartening.

Aye, that’s fairly accurate.

Everyone in the media says “be careful what you wish for” & other patronising shite when Dons fans dare moan about McInnes.

He’s only got us to where we should be in terms of budget, & in the last two seasons, hasn’t even achieved that.

One cup win in his time with us is at least one short too. 

As for Europe, I’m afraid group stages are a pipe dream - we played Lisbon with the likes of Taylor & Logan in the team FFS. 

Trouble is there’s three bands.

a/. Punching above your weight to third.  See Killie and arguably Well for details.  I get their excitement in so doing.  If it knocks us off it, more fool us.

b/.  Boring boring 3rd.  The media stereotype.  Should be there, are there and repeat ad nauseum.  Tough sell especially if football is brutal.  See 2019 for details.  Risk here is if the approach is to be just better than 4th.  Not good enough in my opinion.

c/.  Arguably the scenario we now have.  Yes, 3rd by merit.  But potential through our own efforts, or one/both cheek faltering, probably a combination of both, we have the potential to do even better.  Not saying we win the league, not saying we split them, just saying we realise our potential to have a right go to do so and see where it takes us.

Theres far too many Utterly imbibed in the second scenario to even recognise, far less make the most of the third.

13 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Trouble is there’s three bands.

a/. Punching above your weight to third.  See Killie and arguably Well for details.  I get their excitement in so doing.  If it knocks us off it, more fool us.

b/.  Boring boring 3rd.  The media stereotype.  Should be there, are there and repeat ad nauseum.  Tough sell especially if football is brutal.  See 2019 for details.  Risk here is if the approach is to be just better than 4th.  Not good enough in my opinion.

c/.  Arguably the scenario we now have.  Yes, 3rd by merit.  But potential through our own efforts, or one/both cheek faltering, probably a combination of both, we have the potential to do even better.  Not saying we win the league, not saying we split them, just saying we realise our potential to have a right go to do so and see where it takes us.

Theres far too many Utterly imbibed in the second scenario to even recognise, far less make the most of the third.

I agree with much of this but we didn't finish 3rd the last 2 seasons (despite people's confidence that had last season been completed we would have done).  So we're really in category d - slightly (but consistently) underachieving 

And there's still plenty work to be done to finish that high this year although it's game on for sure. 

It would be great for the fans, and AFC in general, if McInnes (or probably moreso Sheerin) had developend a young player good enough to throw into the mix on saturday, in the abscence of Scott Wright and probably Ross McCrorie. An exciting player than can give us all some hope, that McInnes CAN change his spots, be it Conor Barron, or Mark Gallagher, just in the same way he unexpectadly unleashed McKenna on us in Sept 2017.

And as I said earlier in the week, where are the young strikers chomping at the bit for some game time, challenging the 3 x donkeys we currenly utilise week in, week out?

But you know he will just continue with McGinn, who although can still come off the bench and turn the odd game, is waaaaay past his best now and in fact, has been a major dissapointement since returning 3 years ago.

That's just McInnes in a nutshell for you. Safe safe safe. Dull dull dull. Ojo and Campbell are the epitome of him.

It's at the point where when we score in league games now against the lesser sides I hardly get out my chair. 

I'm not entitled enough to think we should split the Old Firm, but fuck me, we could give it a better go than this. As someone above pointed out, also. The teams we put out on Saturday and last Wednesday were more than enough to beat those sides. The media is only focusing on the players we had missing, giving the players that played and the manager a massive let off. 

I listened to the Spiers podcast with McInnes and he says he wants another cup. I can't see it happening under his guidance. Spiers asked him a fair few times how he motivates himself year on year, and seemed astonished he is able to do so. Well, he gets paid handsomely for keeping us firmly in our place in Scottish footballs food chain. 

The question should be, how do fans psyche themselves up every season when it is apparent what story will unfold. The early faith and optimism we had after the cup win and higher league finishes has now diminished. Derek may well not be apathetic about the job, but the fans are slowly becoming that way about the side. 

No Scottish cup in 30 years. 1 league cup in 20 years. 

Yet, the club constantly bangs on about being a top 100 UEFA club, like that means anything to the fans. Ryan Hedges posting photos of him scoring in a disastrous 1-1 draw away to Hamilton. Like thats something of not, and not what should be expected? 

Its hard to keep caring. It really is.

5 minutes ago, Millertime said:

What people don't get is, managers who make clubs do what they should do, are in high demand

Usually people don't moan when they have a manager who is doing what he should

The problem is the aberdonian inferiority complex when it comes to the glasgow two, hating them so much that it blinkers them to the fact we have no right to usurp them

Derek makes us do what we probs should, why isn't he in high demand? Never linked with any other jobs these days. 

16 minutes ago, Millertime said:

What people don't get is, managers who make clubs do what they should do, are in high demand

Usually people don't moan when they have a manager who is doing what he should

The problem is the aberdonian inferiority complex when it comes to the glasgow two, hating them so much that it blinkers them to the fact we have no right to usurp them

The problem with your post is that McInnes HASN’T done what he should, & whilst failing for the last 2 years, has served up horrendous, eye bleeding football. 
And McInnes hasn’t been in high demand for over 3 years 

19 minutes ago, Millertime said:

What potential do you think we have that would elevate us beyond being able to finish 3rd?

I'm keen to hear this 

Well, this season we assembled, on paper, a very decent squad. 

There you've got a Celtic side in total disarray, yet they managed to pap us out the cup without us laying a glove, and we managed to sneak a draw past them having been 2-1 up and in a good position. We should view it as an opportunity to split them, but we don't. Expectations are managed. 

For what its worth, I think finishing anything above 3rd is very difficult, due to the nature of squad depth and games played in the league. Where I think we can and should do better is one off cup ties against Celtic. Every time we go up against them we look scared, even against this poor iteration of a Celtic team. 

I think there's a lack of actual belief. And if not belief, then desire to go and grab some silverware. 

1 minute ago, Millertime said:

How do you know?

Don't play daft. If he was sought after by any club worth managing, he'd have been gone a while ago. Sunderland and Rangers are different and special cases due to the nature of those clubs, operationally, at the time he was offered the jobs.

2 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Of course he has

Cups are a lottery 

We way more often than not, finish best of the rest 

Cups aren't a lottery. Thats a load of shite. We should be beating Hearts in the League Cup of 19/20, a season they finished bottom. We should be beating Motherwell in at least one of the cup games in 17/18. Lost 3-0 twice. We should be beating St.Mirren on Saturday, and when do play Celtic, we should carry more of a threat, in the last 5 times we've played them at Hampden, their GK has had the slippers and cigar oot. 

Yet you've got a manager on a podcast saying "trips to Hampden" are a measure of success. The fact we get ourselves in these great positions and come up short every time, is what tells me we have unfulfilled potential.

7 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Yeah and Celtic should have beaten Ross County 

As I say, cup wins are a lottery

You're making the mistake I mentioned earlier, try to listen properly 

Just because you hate the glasgow two, you're inferiority complex blinds you into thinking you need to beat them

You won't, because you cant

So many contradictions 

18 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Comments about not caring about 3rd.

Every chance that next summer could be the time we finally make the group stages. We must make an extra effort to finish 3rd. 

We won’t make the group stages with a loser like McInnes in the dugout.

His ceiling is third round