Scottish Cup 2020/21

50 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Far more press focused on Euro games than SC final. 
Like it or not but these games take priority for getting fans (more so fkn suits & VIPs) & they aren’t going to risk a potential spike in COVID cases from SC final fans attending forcing them to close doors on Euro game.

Hatred of international football will mean this will have many club fans raging about this decision but truth is (as always) money talks.

This is an SFA preference/decision but we can blame the  Sturgeonator if it helps focus some rage ?

It's a decision made in conjunction with the government. 

Nobody is raging.  People just find the decision questionable.  You're the last person who should accuse people of ranting and raging. 

8 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Nobody is raging.  People just find the decision questionable.  You're the last person who should accuse people of ranting and raging. 

The SFA can move the Cup Final to Murrayfield. 
Easily - and it’s bigger than that shitehole Hampden so you could get more folk in. 
They should be asked why they won’t. 

48 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Why are you blaming her?

Is it not because Hampden is under the control of UEFA at that date?

surely the anger should be aimed at those useless cunts at the SFA, who will no doubt refuse to move the game from their dump they paid £5m for? 
I’d like to know why they can’t move it. 

Tbf I didn't realise it was because Hampden was out of use so yes fuck the SFA too for not moving it. Sturgeon is still a piece of shit regardless.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
21 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

Extend that to trying to enjoy yourself in general. Forget being able to walk in to a pub for a pint. Capacity will be reduced to allow Covid mitigation measures which will mean you’ll be booking in advance. Impossible to get in anywhere because it will be booked for months. Football and drinking go hand in hand and this is absolutely what the government is targeting, scapegoating the industries and are massively down their priority list. 

So you're saying I should cancel my flights and air b n b? 

39 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

It was a decision made by SFA choosing the more beneficial financially of the the two.

why risk losing 15k fans at two euro games for the chance of having a bunch of arse cheek fans at the SC final.

They chose the better of two options imo

10 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

It was a decision made by SFA choosing the more beneficial financially of the the two.

why risk losing 15k fans at two euro games for the chance of having a bunch of arse cheek fans at the SC final.

They chose the better of two options imo

Shouldn't have had to have been a choice between one or the other.  It's crazy them trying justify linking the two. 

As others have said it could have been played in an entirely different city for a start. 

29 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Everything is meant to be back to normal the Monday after the game. In the EE it is saying tickets only for Trafalgar Square ffs!

Think I might just buy tickets to be honest. I dk if I'll get to go again. 

15 minutes ago, The Cockney Don said:

Like they're doing down here at Wembley, they should be doing test events before the Euros at Hampden.

Maybe 5,000 crowd at one of the Semis, and 10,000 at the Final.

Exactly this, but the authorities up here are too self serving and stupid for that

11 minutes ago, Sheepo said:

Exactly this, but the authorities up here are too self serving and stupid for that

Dunno. There is no incentive for the SFA to do test events.  

If the tests go well, presumably they'll still only be allowed 12,000 for the Euros. 

If they go badly then..... 

So looking at it through the prism of the Euros, the SFA have everything to lose and nothing to gain by having crowds for the SC. 

14 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Dunno. There is no incentive for the SFA to do test events.  

If the tests go well, presumably they'll still only be allowed 12,000 for the Euros. 

If they go badly then..... 

So looking at it through the prism of the Euros, the SFA have everything to lose and nothing to gain by having crowds for the SC. 

What about goodwill, Ernie? 

I'd say they have a duty to try and make it happen if relaxation in restrictions allow it. 

The SFA have forgotten what their role is and why they exist in the first place. 

3 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Shouldn't have had to have been a choice between one or the other.  It's crazy them trying justify linking the two. 

As others have said it could have been played in an entirely different city for a start. 

The point is if they did allow fans in to SC final then there’s a spike in cases then they would then ban fans again for euro games. Using euro games they can have the games done & dusted before they ever discovered a spike in cases in first game putting second one at risk. They aren’t willing to risk chance of fans being banned again for euro games because of a potential proven spike in cases for SC final. It makes sense. They have chosen the most beneficial financially & not risk that for the lesser financial gain of potentially just SC game. 

2 hours ago, The Cockney Don said:

Like they're doing down here at Wembley, they should be doing test events before the Euros at Hampden.

Maybe 5,000 crowd at one of the Semis, and 10,000 at the Final.

You think the Huns could be trusted if they win & not take to the streets again like they won the war again?

• Dildo 1
5 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

The point is if they did allow fans in to SC final then there’s a spike in cases then they would then ban fans again for euro games. Using euro games they can have the games done & dusted before they ever discovered a spike in cases in first game putting second one at risk. They aren’t willing to risk chance of fans being banned again for euro games because of a potential proven spike in cases for SC final. It makes sense. They have chosen the most beneficial financially & not risk that for the lesser financial gain of potentially just SC game. 

Aye I agree with your logic but not with their decision. 

6 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye I agree with your logic but not with their decision. 

But it’s to please the suits & VIP’s & purse.

Nothing else matters. 

SFA suits getting their jollies in couple of games in first international tournament at hampden over yet another SC final.

Fans & football in general aren’t even a consideration in this

Moving the game makes no sense or difference to the likely reasons they haven’t risked fans for SC final. 
COVID spike is highly likely regardless of where they play final. 

Then ScotGov would likely intervene & ban fans for the more attractive games that the SFA suits do not want to risk losing 

12 hours ago, Durrant Dived said:

Everything is meant to be back to normal the Monday after the game. In the EE it is saying tickets only for Trafalgar Square ffs!

:hysterical:

In which parallel universe would this be?

Zero chance they would be able to enforce that on an England v Scotland matchday.

Idiots.

1 hour ago, muttonhumper said:

:hysterical:

In which parallel universe would this be?

Zero chance they would be able to enforce that on an England v Scotland matchday.

Idiots.

Edinburgh manages to make Princes Street and the gardens ticket only at Hogmanay. Trafalgar Square is a much smaller area so I'm sure they'll find a way