Scottish Cup 2020/21

2 hours ago, AllyDon said:

I'm the same Woody. Married, two kids, silver wedding anniversary and going to be a grandpa in August, all since I saw them lift the Scottish cup. Ridiculous wait.

Exactly min. Our first grandchild was born during the first lockdown, which was scarey stuff. The good news is he has been wearing out his various Dons related merchandise since, not that he has been pressurised like?.

Here's hoping you have a cup win to celebrate by the time junior is born.

Ps still remember 1990 final as if it was yesterday, brilliant feeling to beat the Tims in a mega penalty shootout via Sir Brian Irvine's winning spot kick.

1 hour ago, Dad said:

Like looking in a mirror son haha

Ah no

AllyDon / Dad, 

I'm 56, what's a mirror ??.

You're only as old as the woman you feel, which actually makes me 57?

Amazed that some idiots WANT Huns to beat Celtic & see that as a better chance for us ?

Huns have been far too strong (especially in defence) for us to even come close to scaring them.

Want Celtic to get through & let Glass start a new era for us of going down there fearless & attacking the cunts.

Also, fuck the Huns. NEVER want them to win. 

I'm not sure on who we want to win between the rangers and Celtic. 

I'd say Celtic because they are more likely to mess up in the quarters or semis.

The only remote chance we'll have of winning the cup is to avoid both of those sides.

One knocked out in the last 16 and the other side knocked out in the quarters (St Johnstone?) or the semis. Dons to avoid them in the draw for the semis.

3 hours ago, Woody21 said:

Exactly min. Our first grandchild was born during the first lockdown, which was scarey stuff. The good news is he has been wearing out his various Dons related merchandise since, not that he has been pressurised like?.

Here's hoping you have a cup win to celebrate by the time junior is born.

Ps still remember 1990 final as if it was yesterday, brilliant feeling to beat the Tims in a mega penalty shootout via Sir Brian Irvine's winning spot kick.

It was a brilliant day...terrible game, but a great day. mind singing ‘one, Anton Rogan’ out the supporters club bus window and the minkers going mental..

Charlie Nich’s last kick of a ball in a dons shirt, having agreed to go back to Celtic....thought he was gonna miss?...

31 years...

1 hour ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Amazed that some idiots WANT Huns to beat Celtic & see that as a better chance for us ?

Huns have been far too strong (especially in defence) for us to even come close to scaring them.

Want Celtic to get through & let Glass start a new era for us of going down there fearless & attacking the cunts.

Also, fuck the Huns. NEVER want them to win. 

Appreciate you putting idiots down as plural despite only one person wanting it and that one person being me

that’s a classy move fnd and I’ll have your back next time 

20 hours ago, Woody21 said:

Reckon that Glass should put all his efforts into a tilt at the cup.

Livvy have only beaten Hamilton in last 8 in league, surely we can beat them at home.

Assuming United get through, and noting that they are in decent enough form, home advantage must give us a good chance of reaching the semis.

By then one of the arse cheeks are out, hopefully Tims, leaving Huns who are more susceptible to a cup defeat.

In other words we should go all out to get to the semis where we might find ourselves with excellent chance of going the whole way for the first time since 1990, when I was there, not long married, no children and my whole life in front of me. 

Feck me that is far too long to await a cup win, COYR 2021!!!!

7 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Appreciate you putting idiots down as plural despite only one person wanting it and that one person being me

that’s a classy move fnd and I’ll have your back next time 

It would appear this village is rather blessed

1 hour ago, fine-n-dandy said:

It would appear this village is rather blessed

May be a lot of things min but far from being an idiot.

One thing we can, hopefully, agree on is that both arse cheeks are totally vile establishments that deserve to rot in hell.

My comment on rather facing Huns down the line is based on facts that we have beaten them in similar circumstances in recent seasons, they have form in "shock" cup defeats e.g. St Mirren and, after all, the league was their main goal this season. Tims on other hand seem to have Indian sign on us, regardless of form.

Opinions are like arseholes, we all have them. Long may that continue otherwise what is the point of this site ?

1 hour ago, Woody21 said:

May be a lot of things min but far from being an idiot.

One thing we can, hopefully, agree on is that both arse cheeks are totally vile establishments that deserve to rot in hell.

My comment on rather facing Huns down the line is based on facts that we have beaten them in similar circumstances in recent seasons, they have form in "shock" cup defeats e.g. St Mirren and, after all, the league was their main goal this season. Tims on other hand seem to have Indian sign on us, regardless of form.

Opinions are like arseholes, we all have them. Long may that continue otherwise what is the point of this site ?

Correct Woody

But it is a pointless argument because if we face either of them we will be enormous underdogs regardless

8 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

We had a couple of great results against them a few seasons ago.  But they've improved and we've gone backwards since then. 

I think Celtic are vulnerable and with the right attitude we would cause them more problems. 

Livi have struggled since their very impressive run of games.  We're not playing great, but we're also not conceding / losing many games.

It's impossible to predict because we've no idea how Glass is going to set the team up. We've had a load of clean sheets, but that will be playing a Mcinnes style and formation. If Glass is talking about free flowing attacking football then we're going to be more susceptible to counter attack.  

1 minute ago, StandFree1982 said:

Livi have struggled since their very impressive run of games.  We're not playing great, but we're also not conceding / losing many games.

It's impossible to predict because we've no idea how Glass is going to set the team up. We've had a load of clean sheets, but that will be playing a Mcinnes style and formation. If Glass is talking about free flowing attacking football then we're going to be more susceptible to counter attack.  

There is absolutely no danger we are going to suddenly start playing free flowing attacking football with these players

I really don't care which one we face (if we/they get that far). I'm not convinced at all this season's squad has it in them to beat either, in spite of any new manager bounce we might get.

However the earliest we could face whichever one is the semi's. It's entirely possible we could avoid them at that stage too. Ideally Hibs would draw them.......and Hibs do have a side that can turn either of them over in a one off tie. And despite us being rank rotten, we are still capable of beating Hibs at any time.

It's still a very long shot I think but this could turn out to be a fantastic season completely out of nowhere

11 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

There is absolutely no danger we are going to suddenly start playing free flowing attacking football with these players

No, I don't think we will. But what I mean is that if he's talking about attacking football, it means we'll be more likely to be  open at the back more often.  Doesn't mean we're going to be scoring a ton of goals, but we might be trying to push more men forward and getting people into more advanced areas. 

11 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I really don't care which one we face (if we/they get that far). I'm not convinced at all this season's squad has it in them to beat either, in spite of any new manager bounce we might get.

However the earliest we could face whichever one is the semi's. It's entirely possible we could avoid them at that stage too. Ideally Hibs would draw them.......and Hibs do have a side that can turn either of them over in a one off tie. And despite us being rank rotten, we are still capable of beating Hibs at any time.

It's still a very long shot I think but this could turn out to be a fantastic season completely out of nowhere

Let's not get too carried away here! ?

18 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Slow down, soldier.

3 hours ago, Dad said:

All investment son 

You can potter along with your wee wins; meanwhile I'll be satisfying the demand for merch.

This time next year there'll be DWT t-shirts as far as the eye can see - and likely numerous winning trebles that caused a carnival type atmos

See you at Hampden son

Thing is...my wee wins are procured with a stake that is double your fiver. So it only takes 2 of my wins to equal or better your average 20/1 shambles (theoretical winnings)

Get those T-shirts printed old timer " Careful where you place your trust.....DWT will make you go bust........But you'll be eating steak for dinner.....With a TC treble winner"

Hoo mama

And yes....see you at Hampden