Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
The Cockney Don

Scottish Cup 2020/21

Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Everything is meant to be back to normal the Monday after the game. In the EE it is saying tickets only for Trafalgar Square ffs!

Think I might just buy tickets to be honest. I dk if I'll get to go again. 

Share this post


Link to post

Like they're doing down here at Wembley, they should be doing test events before the Euros at Hampden.

Maybe 5,000 crowd at one of the Semis, and 10,000 at the Final.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, The Cockney Don said:

Like they're doing down here at Wembley, they should be doing test events before the Euros at Hampden.

Maybe 5,000 crowd at one of the Semis, and 10,000 at the Final.

Absolutely 

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, The Cockney Don said:

Like they're doing down here at Wembley, they should be doing test events before the Euros at Hampden.

Maybe 5,000 crowd at one of the Semis, and 10,000 at the Final.

Exactly this, but the authorities up here are too self serving and stupid for that

Share this post


Link to post
58 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Think I might just buy tickets to be honest. I dk if I'll get to go again. 

Aye think you need a ticket for the game to get into TS.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Sheepo said:

Exactly this, but the authorities up here are too self serving and stupid for that

Dunno. There is no incentive for the SFA to do test events.  

If the tests go well, presumably they'll still only be allowed 12,000 for the Euros. 

If they go badly then..... 

So looking at it through the prism of the Euros, the SFA have everything to lose and nothing to gain by having crowds for the SC. 

Edited by Ernie McCracken

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Dunno. There is no incentive for the SFA to do test events.  

If the tests go well, presumably they'll still only be allowed 12,000 for the Euros. 

If they go badly then..... 

So looking at it through the prism of the Euros, the SFA have everything to lose and nothing to gain by having crowds for the SC. 

What about goodwill, Ernie? 

I'd say they have a duty to try and make it happen if relaxation in restrictions allow it. 

The SFA have forgotten what their role is and why they exist in the first place. 

Edited by aberdeen1970

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

What about goodwill, Ernie? 

The SFA have forgotten what their role is and why they exist in the first place. 

Yeah if it was me I'd go for fans at the final, but I can imagine the SFA shitting themselves that something goes wrong and impacts getting crowds for the Euros. 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Shouldn't have had to have been a choice between one or the other.  It's crazy them trying justify linking the two. 

As others have said it could have been played in an entirely different city for a start. 

The point is if they did allow fans in to SC final then there’s a spike in cases then they would then ban fans again for euro games. Using euro games they can have the games done & dusted before they ever discovered a spike in cases in first game putting second one at risk. They aren’t willing to risk chance of fans being banned again for euro games because of a potential proven spike in cases for SC final. It makes sense. They have chosen the most beneficial financially & not risk that for the lesser financial gain of potentially just SC game. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, The Cockney Don said:

Like they're doing down here at Wembley, they should be doing test events before the Euros at Hampden.

Maybe 5,000 crowd at one of the Semis, and 10,000 at the Final.

You think the Huns could be trusted if they win & not take to the streets again like they won the war again?

  • Dildo on Bonnet 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

The point is if they did allow fans in to SC final then there’s a spike in cases then they would then ban fans again for euro games. Using euro games they can have the games done & dusted before they ever discovered a spike in cases in first game putting second one at risk. They aren’t willing to risk chance of fans being banned again for euro games because of a potential proven spike in cases for SC final. It makes sense. They have chosen the most beneficial financially & not risk that for the lesser financial gain of potentially just SC game. 
 

 

Aye I agree with your logic but not with their decision. 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye I agree with your logic but not with their decision. 

But it’s to please the suits & VIP’s & purse.

Nothing else matters. 
 

SFA suits getting their jollies in couple of games in first international tournament at hampden over yet another SC final.

Fans & football in general aren’t even a consideration in this

Edited by fine-n-dandy

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, RedRichard said:

exactly, move it to murrayfield.

Not like it because its in Glasgow,  nah?

Shame eh

  • Dildo on Bonnet 2

Share this post


Link to post

Moving the game makes no sense or difference to the likely reasons they haven’t risked fans for SC final. 
COVID spike is highly likely regardless of where they play final. 
 

Then ScotGov would likely intervene & ban fans for the more attractive games that the SFA suits do not want to risk losing 

Share this post


Link to post

Imagine a baying mob decided to burn Hampden and Holyrood to the ground.  That would be terrible. 

  • Dildo on Bonnet 2

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Durrant Dived said:

Everything is meant to be back to normal the Monday after the game. In the EE it is saying tickets only for Trafalgar Square ffs!

:hysterical:

In which parallel universe would this be?

Zero chance they would be able to enforce that on an England v Scotland matchday.

Idiots.

Share this post


Link to post
43 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

:hysterical:

In which parallel universe would this be?

Zero chance they would be able to enforce that on an England v Scotland matchday.

Idiots.

Hope you are right because i planned on going without a match a ticket. Without a fanzone area would be shite.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, muttonhumper said:

:hysterical:

In which parallel universe would this be?

Zero chance they would be able to enforce that on an England v Scotland matchday.

Idiots.

Edinburgh manages to make Princes Street and the gardens ticket only at Hogmanay. Trafalgar Square is a much smaller area so I'm sure they'll find a way

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Edinburgh manages to make Princes Street and the gardens ticket only at Hogmanay. Trafalgar Square is a much smaller area so I'm sure they'll find a way

Party in St. James's Park round the corner. 

Share this post


Link to post

Phil the Greek's funeral confirmed for 3pm next Saturday

Statement from SFA in past few minutes

"Blah, blah, blah, entered into negotiations with the relevant authorities, clubs etc re the Scottish Cup ties due to take place blah blah blah"

 

Share this post


Link to post

An absolute fucking shambles if the fitba is in anyway affected next week 

I am sick of having mock grief forced upon us

You want to watch some old cunt’s funeral? Crack on 

Let the rest of us watch the fucking fitba 

  • Upvote 6
  • Dildo on Bonnet 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

An absolute fucking shambles if the fitba is in anyway affected next week 

I am sick of having mock grief forced upon us

You want to watch some old cunt’s funeral? Crack on 

Let the rest of us watch the fucking fitba 

I'd give you a plus 1 if I could, seems I've ran out.

 

I genuinely think most the nation don't care. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

An absolute fucking shambles if the fitba is in anyway affected next week 

I am sick of having mock grief forced upon us

You want to watch some old cunt’s funeral? Crack on 

Let the rest of us watch the fucking fitba 

Dont give a shit about the Saturday fitba anyway. Let them play and a plague on all their houses.

Share this post


Link to post

Dons don't play on Saturday next weeks so who gives a shit. If football is cancelled for the funeral next Saturday it will only inconvenience the Cheeks which must be a good thing

Share this post


Link to post
49 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

I'd give you a plus 1 if I could, seems I've ran out.

 

I genuinely think most the nation don't care. 

Just as I thought your the SNPs Pope.🐀    I genuinely think.  

Share this post


Link to post

Just move the kick offs to 2 pm and then we can all decide 5 minutes into the second half if we want to switch over.

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, shooftahmooftah said:

Just as I thought your the SNPs Pope.🐀    I genuinely think.  

I dislike the SNP. 
 

Dislike tories and freak royalists even more

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Frank Grimes said:

An absolute fucking shambles if the fitba is in anyway affected next week 

I am sick of having mock grief forced upon us

You want to watch some old cunt’s funeral? Crack on 

Let the rest of us watch the fucking fitba 

100% correct.

Absolute fucking nonsense if the SFA postpone the matches - which means they will. 

Share this post


Link to post

SFA have history in this respect. Scotland were to play Belarus at Pittodrie on 6th September 1997 which happened to co-incide with the funeral of Princess Di. They were adamant there would be no change to the fixture right up to the point where they changed it to the following day.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...