Scottish Cup 2020/21

1 hour ago, muttonhumper said:

Aye, and lets be frank here.

That's 9 points dropped right there.

8 at best.

We'll be lucky to win a game against the top two and we have four of them. Nothing so far this season to suggest we can beat them.

However the last games against Hibs/Livvie could be another story, maybe.

1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

We'll be lucky to win a game against the top two and we have four of them. Nothing so far this season to suggest we can beat them.

Glass half full...

Sevco has had it good against us this season.

First game: No recognisable lone striker due to Cosgrove, Main, and Edmondson being injured. Only 4th choice Anderson (who plays better in a two). Not that we deserved anything, but Sevco only had 2 chances to our 1.

Second game: Ferguson, McCrorie and McLellan all unavailable.

Third game: Hedges' red. I felt that we could have got a result otherwise.

Celtic...

Put 3 past them in the first game and didn't lose.

Not in its present structure no (a lot depends on how quickly L1&2 teams can play after getting the nod).

However if they could select two entirely random teams and call an entirely random final at a random neutral venue at a nearby location to avoid covid travelling concerns then lets be honest they would. 

I am aware of course that AFC would actually benefit from this scenario. 

22 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Not in its present structure no (a lot depends on how quickly L1&2 teams can play after getting the nod).

However if they could select two entirely random teams and call an entirely random final at a random neutral venue at a nearby location to avoid covid travelling concerns then lets be honest they would. 

I am aware of course that AFC would actually benefit from this scenario. 

They could run it as a mini tournament either at the end of the season or around the two week break (which is now three week break) between top flight playing games 33 and 34. 

A quick fire tournament would add an extra element of randomness which might reduce the chances of the top two winning which the top four clubs might not be happy with

1 minute ago, Tord31 said:

They could run it as a mini tournament either at the end of the season or around the two week break (which is now three week break) between top flight playing games 33 and 34

A quick fire tournament would add an extra element of randomness which might reduce the chances of the top two winning which the top four clubs might not be happy with

So we'd be in the clear?

2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I'd be up for a condensed Scottish Cup played over three weekends and two midweeks. Would be a nice change. 

Might be hard this season though since Scotland have actually qualified for a finals competition. 

the perfect slot looks like around the original date for the semi final .

They are not actually that far behind yet. They've lost two scottish cup dates and gained one. So they are only missing one Scottish Cup Saturday as things stand.

3 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Young loon ^

I was leaving Hazleheid as a 16 year old in 1979. Those years, 1970 to 1990 contained more memories of exceptional achievements than 25 or 50 clubs could muster between them in their histories. Last 30 years has been a steady decline into the pack. 

Magic.

So wierd I can remeber everything from say 8yo to 16, then it gets harder efter that.

can barely mind fuck all of the last 30 years of AFC, nae sure why.

Drink?

Pish fitba?

Gradual descent to death?

Fuck knows.

37 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Some chat in the news today that the Scottish Cup will be completed next season.

Shock news of course.

I wonder if the top flight will pull game 33 forward by a week.

They could wrap up the top flight season uber early, mid April not unrealistic if they want to.

But too late for the winners (if outwith the arse cheeks) to benefit from it's main attraction.......entry into the Europa play-off round.

17 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

But too late for the winners (if outwith the arse cheeks) to benefit from it's main attraction.......entry into the Europa play-off round.

Well that would be an interesting point. As we also have a spot the following season should the winners get that? Or should it be the winners of the 2022 final?

On 2/17/2021 at 11:05 AM, muttonhumper said:

I mind 1979 when played in 3 League Cup finals.

Didn't win any of them. ?

On 2/17/2021 at 12:38 PM, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

About time some of you "more experienced" boys shared some shit memories!

21 hours ago, muttonhumper said:

I have some cracking memories of all 3 as an 11 year old.

Will get back to you fan I'm pished and the stories come easier... 

Okay, bit boozy.

First een v the hun at Hampden, March 1979.

Pre match was amazing stramash, boy fae my class at Inchgarth was also on bus, total bam, was at some club playing pool and bandits unsupervised as mannies got pished.

Recall a marvellous pie supper pre-match.

At the game, we took our seats in the old main stand.

Some hun said to the old man "could you and yer wee brother move along a seat so my pal can squeeze in".

Was told to fuck off.

Duncan Davidson, a player almost as bad as Darren Mackie, put us ahead with sclaff of some sort that went about a foot over the line.

Doug Rougvie was sent off for being within 10 feet of that odious hun blimp Derek Johnstone throwing himself to the ground.

Cheating bastard, turned the game on it's head.

We lost to a last minute header from Aberdeen bred hun mink Colin Jackson.

Ave run oot o steam. May revisit.

6 hours ago, muttonhumper said:

Okay, bit boozy.

First een v the hun at Hampden, March 1979.

Pre match was amazing stramash, boy fae my class at Inchgarth was also on bus, total bam, was at some club playing pool and bandits unsupervised as mannies got pished.

Recall a marvellous pie supper pre-match.

At the game, we took our seats in the old main stand.

Some hun said to the old man "could you and yer wee brother move along a seat so my pal can squeeze in".

Was told to fuck off.

Duncan Davidson, a player almost as bad as Darren Mackie, put us ahead with sclaff of some sort that went about a foot over the line.

Doug Rougvie was sent off for being within 10 feet of that odious hun blimp Derek Johnstone throwing himself to the ground.

Cheating bastard, turned the game on it's head.

We lost to a last minute header from Aberdeen bred hun mink Colin Jackson.

Ave run oot o steam. May revisit.

Was at that game with my old man as a kid. Crowd was a bit rowdy. Old man got hit on the shoulder by a flying half bottle after they equalised. We heard the roar after the cunts scored the winner on the way back to the car.

Cunts.

5 hours ago, alscotoz said:

Was at that game with my old man as a kid. Crowd was a bit rowdy. Old man got hit on the shoulder by a flying half bottle after they equalised. We heard the roar after the cunts scored the winner on the way back to the car.

Cunts.

Every big game I can recall down there as a bairn had mega violence and bottles n shit flying about everywhere.

Hibs Scottish cup semi, also 79, about a week and a half later, was the worst.

Bizarrely my mum took myself and a pal to it, as my Dad was otherwise engaged.

• Bus broke down on the way there
  • We got beat 2-1
  • Weathered biggest hail of bottles ever upon exiting the stadium
  • Back to the bus, not one single window remained intact
  • Was some journey to outskirts Glasgow
  • Waited 3 hours somewhere in pishing rain for replacement bus
  • That bus also broke down on way home around Stonehaven

I believe this was my mum's very 1st and unsurprisingly last football match she ever attended. ?

12 minutes ago, super_al said:

Are we going to have a Scottish Cup thus year? If it is canceled does 4th place get the payoff spot for the Europa League?

Playoff spot would go to third place if scottish cup cancelled, deferred or won by a top 3 club.

5th would benefit from ECL QR2 place if the above happens.

Nothing changes for fourth place; ECL QR2