Motherwell 0 - 0 Aberdeen

1 minute ago, findlay_1903 said:

Can we afford to spend MORE money on an inflated squad as it is? We aren’t getting inside Pittodrie any time soon, financially we can’t look too rosy? 

We've got a few loans ending and possibly a sale in Cosgrove and an exit for Hernandez to create a bit of space.  That's up to 5 spaces to play with though I'd like Watkins extended. 

I'd let Edmondson go back to Leeds and I'd also let Leigh go as well.  No point having an injury prone back up left back.  I suspect he'll get an extension though. 

1 minute ago, findlay_1903 said:

Can we afford to spend MORE money on an inflated squad as it is? We aren’t getting inside Pittodrie any time soon, financially we can’t look too rosy? 

Mcinnes said that 2 will be leaving in January. I think it's unanimously accepted that those 2 are Cosgrove and Hernandez. We are definitely getting cash for Cosgrove....it remains to be seen if the rumours are true that we get our money back for Hernandez. But assuming we do, that's combined fees of well over £3million. It would surely be prudent to give Mcinnes £250-300k of that to let him bring in either Gallagher from 'Well or Findlay from Killie given that both are out of contract in summer and were likely on our signing target list anyway. We didnt replace McKenna (you could argue the temp signing of Hoban was done with this in mind) and now Devlin is injured yet again and Hoban himself is out for likely 6 weeks. Leigh who could have provided emergency cover is also out for a few more weeks. Needs must I think

12 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

We played ok in the second half yesterday - he surely goes with that team with debate over which striker to start.

Speaking of strikers Edmondson seems to have been utterly bombed out. It's clear we won't be keeping him on.

Bar the Hamilton game at home he has been disappointing. Easy choice to let him go and extend Watkins deal if possible.

27 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Surely we just play a back 4.

Exactly it's the sensible thing to do. Revert to 4-2-3-1 or even 4-4-2 with Hayes and Logan at full back. I'd be tempted to go 4-4-2 against Well with Main and Cosgrove up top, Ferguson and McCrorie in the middle and Kennedy / Hedges wide midfield. It'll be a physical battle you want McCrorie in midfield for this game.

1 hour ago, Shinniesta said:

Exactly it's the sensible thing to do. Revert to 4-2-3-1 or even 4-4-2 with Hayes and Logan at full back. I'd be tempted to go 4-4-2 against Well with Main and Cosgrove up top, Ferguson and McCrorie in the middle and Kennedy / Hedges wide midfield. It'll be a physical battle you want McCrorie in midfield for this game.

I think that formation gets our best players on the park. Still can't see it though.... can't remember last time McInnes lined up with a good old fashioned 4-4-2. Beautiful formation, simpler times, more entertaining games

17 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

I think that formation gets our best players on the park. Still can't see it though.... can't remember last time McInnes lined up with a good old fashioned 4-4-2. Beautiful formation, simpler times, more entertaining games

Agreed. I understand why McInnes didn't use it earlier in the season as the likes of Watkins, Hedges and Wright were combining so well. But with two of those players injured and so many defenders out I think 4-4-2 would suit the players we currently have available.

1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

No mention of Cerny but McInnes confirming the rest are all out for the next two games.

Wright closest to a return from the list.

Don't think we will see Wright until the second week in January. Only 3 weeks post double hernia surgery, McInnes reckons he's got a chance to be ready for the jutes but I suspect that might still come a week too soon for him. Bugger about McGeouch.....someone said last week they thought he was back in training but he's pencilled in for mid January. We really could have done with him with both McCrorie and Ferguson about to serve bans. Expect to see Ojo back in the starting line up by default, if not for St J, certainly for Livi.

6 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Don't think we will see Wright until the second week in January. Only 3 weeks post double hernia surgery, McInnes reckons he's got a chance to be ready for the jutes but I suspect that might still come a week too soon for him. Bugger about McGeouch.....someone said last week they thought he was back in training but he's pencilled in for mid January. We really could have done with him with both McCrorie and Ferguson about to serve bans. Expect to see Ojo back in the starting line up by default, if not for St J, certainly for Livi.

I don’t think the Ferguson & McCrorie bans overlap?

We might be spared Ojo. 

1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I don’t think the Ferguson & McCrorie bans overlap?

We might be spared Ojo. 

McCrorie definitely misses St J. I think Ferguson misses Livi. I've no idea how many games they miss each, but given they get booked more than most, I suspect they'll both be missing at least 2 apiece so the Livi game would be the overlap. If I'm wrong and it's Yinited that Ferguson starts his from then it would be a bummer because he's then going to miss the sevco match too

20 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

McCrorie definitely misses St J. I think Ferguson misses Livi. I've no idea how many games they miss each, but given they get booked more than most, I suspect they'll both be missing at least 2 apiece so the Livi game would be the overlap. If I'm wrong and it's Yinited that Ferguson starts his from then it would be a bummer because he's then going to miss the sevco match too

I thought it was a one match ban for totting up the first time in a season? 

3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I'm not sure how it works now. It used to be that disciplinary points always carried forward season to season....so your first ban would be one game....second time 2 games , third time 3 games etc on a rolling basis.

But they stopped the points rolling up a season or two back so that now you start a clean slate each season. But I'm not sure if the punishments reset each season too, or if they continue to roll up. I hope you are correct

13 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I'm not sure how it works now. It used to be that disciplinary points always carried forward season to season....so your first ban would be one game....second time 2 games , third time 3 games etc on a rolling basis.

But they stopped the points rolling up a season or two back so that now you start a clean slate each season. But I'm not sure if the punishments reset each season too, or if they continue to roll up. I hope you are correct

I'm sure they reset otherwise it would be nuts after a few years, missing four or five games based on bookings given years ago. 

46 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

SEVCO minus Ferguson, McCrorie & McGeouch in midfield.

Again. Superb.

10 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Ferguson would need another booking to get totting up suspension. 6 matches in same competition. He's been booked 7 times, 5 in league, 1 each Sc Cup and Europa.

Though that's assuming the game he was sent off v St.Mirren is just counting as 1 booking?
Maybe it's 0 as he served a suspension for it so doesn't get included.

Or maybe it's 2 as he did receive 2 yellow cards... but if that was the case he would have been banned for Killie game so can't count as 2?
Fucked if I know.

10 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye.

9 hours ago, KingswellsRed said:

Surely if Ferguson was due a suspension it would have been two weeks after the booking which took him over the threshold. Or have I got this wrong?

Yeah. He's still clear until that next booking.

Given the hun match worries, he'll miss it if he's booked tonight...or against Livi on 26th, with that 14 day delay.

HieEffb.jpg

ltR44Vv.jpg

wksPlhx.jpg

• Upvote 3